Corthala Romantique - Valygar Romance

On 12/3/2021 at 9:31 AM, Guest Claire said:

Hey there,

first of: thank you very much all your mods Jastey. I've been playing BG2 and just wanted you to know how much I appreciate all the work and mods you've done (for free!). I think this mod was a part of Tortured Souls (or something like that?) I've played this mod and everything works completely fine. Something that bothers me about it though, is the uneven writing. It's clear that some of the text was written by someone with a limited grasp of the English language while the other half is of very high quality. 

Is anyone planning to do grammar check some of the text? Or has something changed since the last update? Could I offer help somehow?

Again, thank you for you all your work, I've played your mods since my early teens (Wow!)

So I'm not the only one who had this idea? :) I remember beta'ing on this back in the day, it's a nostalgia trip seeing it again. I'm partway done a cursory proofread, mostly minor issues though the most notable thing I've found is that Keldorn's banter regarding Valygar's mother needs her name updated. If this particular anon's still around and has decided to proofread themselves, maybe we can compare notes?

Guest Claire

Thank you both so very much, Im really sorry it took me so long to reply. I was extremely busy with my Job due to Corona.

And Jastey, your English is completely fine, I think the "weird" bits are from the very old Tortured Souls portion of the mod, which was done waaaaay back in the early 2000s (und ich bin übrigens auch keine Muttersprachlerin!) I  didn't mean to come across as ungrateful, I'm extremely thankful modders are doing all the stuff for us in the first place, making this series way for more "female friendly" than it was at release. For free as I want to add again. I really love all the mods you guys have done with all my heart, they were my "comfort blanket" when my father died back and I could "escape" to the magical fantasy world of Baldurs Gate (1 especially). 

So once again, thank you both very much and I hope you're having a wonderful future :)

This sounds like an interesting mod.

There are hints in the BG2 dialog.tlk file that Valygar should have been a romanceable NPC companion. (ex. @65910  = ~What of the inevitable pain you must give to the one you love? The ranger you name "Valygar."~ [HGWRA108]) so I am glad to see work has been done in order to make it happen.

We received the following report at the G3 email address from a Joanna.  I'll direct them to this thread.

Hi all. Thank you so much for all your Mods.

I am encountering a small bug in the Corthala Romance patch, during the Throne of Baal at the Forest of Mir.

After Gorion's 'spirit' appears and taunts me, Valygar's 'spirits' arrive as well. Unfortunately, the character of Magdelene gets stuck -- my characters keep trying to attack her but she is uninjurable, and her name is frozen with the script from Valygar's Bodhi death in Shadows of Amn (ending with "some way to restore him, you don't know how"). Is this a known error? Any ideas how to fix?

UFlYEEC.png

7 hours ago, Endarire said:

Will Valygar romance female half-orcs? 

Yes. The "no short races" was phrased for classic BGII, so he will romance (female) humans, elves, half-elves, and half-orcs of good, LN, TN alignment or if they are a druid.

Guest Astrid
Spoiler

Hello,

Firstly really thank all the modders here, I really enjoyed all the dialogues with him.

It's fun and add lots of character to him. :)

So here's my question.

I've just finished ToB and got some questions about the mod, and I got really confused about the ending.

*Spoilers alert

So I've chosen to be a mortal again, but to my surprise, in the ending text of Valygar, the text showed that he married Lenora eventually.

After all these lovetalks...Is that the best happliy ever after ending?

Not sure about other possible endings... I've searched for more information but couldn't find any discussion.

If any other player has dated him or the writer/modder @jastey here would love to give me some hints about this...would be really appreciated.

(Yup I'm kinda heartbroken right now hahahaha, I mean he just said he loved me but married another woman in the end :'( )

Thanks for the great mod again!

Guest Astrid

Hello,

Firstly really thank all the modders here, I really enjoyed all the dialogues with him.

It's fun and add lots of character to him.

So here's my question.

I've just finished ToB and got some questions about the mod, and I got really confused about the ending.

*Spoilers alert

So I've chosen to be a mortal again, but to my surprise, in the ending text of Valygar, the text showed that he married Lenora eventually.

After all these lovetalks...Is that the best happliy ever after ending?

Not sure about other possible endings... I've searched for more information but couldn't find any discussion.

If any other player has dated him or the writer/modder here would love to give me some hints about this...would be really appreciated.

(Yup I'm kinda heartbroken right now hahahaha, I mean he just said he loved me but married another woman in the end )

Thanks for the great mod again!