Guest nontalk
4 hours ago, Arthas said:

1) I tried using your tool after you banned me from your forum, Roxanne, but I know very much you are still around here, looking around. By the way, in your EE setup tool you're missing a lot of mods. I will name a few...

Varshoon (npc)
Nethaniel (recently released on beamdog forums)
Dungeon be gone
Disable Enhanced edition npcs
Skip chateau irenicus

These are just 5 of the most glaring mods I've seen you're not making the user able to download. But there is more. Given that I don't know if you will still listen to my suggestion, I'll wait to see if you'll add these before naming more.

2) Your Bws gets also confused by the mods that has to install. For example, a week ago it installed isra 3.0, now it installs 2.3. Oh well.

@Arthas

Isra 3.0 is for BG2EE and 2.3 is for BGEE. Version depends on which game you install. Both are in EET but in different parts.

Varshoon and Neh'taniel are only for BG2EE and don't appear in EET.

On 3/10/2019 at 11:48 PM, Guest SB81848889 said:

My question is when I use this EE install tool now every time my game seems corrupted with 5 or 6 digit numbers in front of every text or item and on every map and menu.

In case anyone else runs into this, this is part of the feedback the games have, and so you can turn it off from the options menu.

Just a disclaimer:

This is the third by me updated SHS mod Roxanne declares as "completely bugged and unplayable" (without any further info, especially not to the mod maintainers.)

Last two times she did so, it turned out to be a lie.

Everyone is welcome to come to their own conclusions.

The tool installs the SCS IWD Spell components (1500 and 1510) as park of its tweaks section rather than the ai improvements section.

This means that enemy mages and priests (from the Smarter Mages/Priests components) and other creatures that COULD use them (like vampires) do not get assigned IWD spells in their spell choices.

Alterations to the spells are also part of the smarter mages/priests components leading to undesired spell behaviour (I think this is relatively minor though).

The IWDification versions of the spells ARE installed earlier in the sequence, so for the time being dedicated bws users should choose that mod instead of the scs iwd components (or try spell revisions, a much broader modification of the spell system that scs can also account for)

My own recommendation as to how to install SCS with this tool is: don't. The maintainer makes some very questionable choices and does not participate in discussion with me on any forum I have access to. Do it manually, or use Project Infinity.

If you must use it for your general install, I recommend leaving SCS (and probably Tweaks) out and installing them manually afterwards.

Guest GerPronouncedGrr

Hey folks, I'm trying to install EET using this tool for the first time, and getting an error. Since I'm new to this I'm not sure what to do about it, or why it's happening.

ERROR Installing [EET core (resource importation)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 2767 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled    2767 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Not_found
PLEASE email the file SETUP-EET.DEBUG to K4thos (swit)
Automatically Skipping [EET core (resource importation)] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 300035 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS EET core (resource importation)

D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>

ERROR: cannot resolve trigger 0x40a8
ERROR: [EET/TEMP/PATCH/BCS/ACT03SK.BCS] -> [EET/temp/patch/baf/ACT03SK.baf] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
ERROR: Not_found
Enhanced Edition Trilogy (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) was not installed due to errors.

Without this component the installation cannot be continued.

You can try to repair the problem and install the component again afterwards. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spend time on that now, you can also exit the program.
Enter [r]etry or [e]xit.

See:

ERROR Installing [EET core (resource importation)], rolling back to previous state

Says that the error happened before that ... so we cannot tell you what went wrong as you didn't copy paste the correct data for us to use. Which is why the above suggests that you post the ENTIRE setup-EET.debug file somewhere for people to look.

On 8/21/2019 at 4:22 AM, DavidW said:

If you must use it for your general install, I recommend leaving SCS (and probably Tweaks) out and installing them manually afterwards.

Thing is, you really can't. You fail to notice that the program to complete needs to install the EET_END, AFTER the other mods... usually. It's like you only view things from your own perspective. But you could give better recommendations ... like your own install order suggestion in PI, if you actually would care about other peoples installs. Suggesting PI as a better option, than none. Just like you really carred about the install order in BWP or BWS, ouh yeah, you didn't then either.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
Guest GerPronouncedGrr

Sorry for pasting the wrong info. Actually, I'm not sure what file you're referring to. In my EET Tool Logs folder I have EE-Debug-Download, EE-Debug-Extraction, and EE-Debug-Installation. I don't see anything called setup-EET.debug anywhere. If I press 'Open Debug' from the EE Mod Setup Tool UI it references EE-Debug-Installation, which is about 15mb worth of text.

46 minutes ago, Guest GerPronouncedGrr said:

which is about 15mb worth of text.

And if you put that into an archive, a .zip, it barely breaks 100 kB's. If even that. Yes, most likely the file contains all the debug logs, it's there for that. As I think I once had a 300MB's worth of .txt, that got to be 700kB's in a .zip. A .txt is really inefficient way to present word data... but then again, one needs to be able to read it.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
Guest GerPronouncedGrr

I was able to fix my problem by deleting and reinstalling everything, running the DLC merger (for some reason the instructions to do this aren't in the most obvious place), then running the EET Tool from within the BG2 folder with admin privileges.