Moderator action

Holy Shite.  Sorry for the opinion folks.  I guess I suck now?

I think Roxanne is doing a great job helping people play mods.  If she did all that stealing or is hawking her own site at the detriment of others  - than, yes, that isn't cool.  But I didn't know that.  If I did, I probably would have just not commented, and let it ride into the past.  It is your fault for keeping the topic open for someone like me to come in here all ignorant and reopen the wound.  JK/

Anyhoo, I'll just continue to try out old mods that may be fixed for EE on the BEW, because it works well, and people like me,  like to play mods.  And if there is a glitch, and you get stuck or can't figure it out, then Roxanne will help you get through it.  If the mod needs a tweak, she'll fix it, so the next player will have a better experience.  In fairness, quite a few mods on BEW are abandoned by their creator, and aren't maintained anymore.   She will maintain them to a certain degree, so that the mods live on.  Is that a bad thing?

I mean, isn't that what G3 is for too?  Modders create, their stuff gets tested, members give feedback and the mod is polished.  Players get to try new adventures and keep the BG saga fresh.  Modders get a chance to showcase their creative talents.  In the end, it is a voluntary hobby, not a business.  

I didn't mean to offend or open old wounds, and only wanted to give Roxanne a shout out for her efforts as I know them to be.  Please forgive my ignorance of the past transgressions she did/may have made.

I'll stay off this incendiary topic, rest assured.

Maybe you could consider forgiving Roxanne for the past?  

22 minutes ago, LichDiet said:

It is your fault for keeping the topic open for someone like me to come in here all ignorant and reopen the wound.  JK/

I like your humor. 😆

Just one more thing:

And if there is a glitch, and you get stuck or can't figure it out, then Roxanne will help you get through it.

Yes, definitely. Roxanne is very helpful to players, and also makes bugreports and contributions to mods. (Just not the ones she maintaines inofficial versions of.) But: if there are glitches in an install created by her EE Setup Tool which uses her own mod versions - it might just be that it's a gitch that the original mod wouldn't even have. To be precise: it might well be she is helping you with a problem that's only there because of her. So yes, she is quick with helping, but whether this is really a preferable situation for the players in the end - I don't know.

Sure! Done. Oh - she goes on doing the same things- Well - I guess forgiving her "for the past" is of no consequence then, is it. Unless you were thinking about some continuously done pardon, like, every day anew for the then past day or so.

It's like our Poobah @CamDawg always says - Roxanne would be welcome here anytime. We'd just expect her to, well, respect out wishes she constanty ignores and violates.

On 5/2/2021 at 1:03 PM, LichDiet said:

Won't get too much in the weeds of the last several post, but the OTHER major thing you have evidently missed is that Roxanne has not been banned anywhere, she has not been made unwelcome here. Her so-called "exile" is entirely of her own doing. And, by the way, it is to the detriment of those "noobs" you say she is so nice to. I have seen numerous occasions on which Roxanne has given advice or answers which are flat-out wrong, and bad for the player even if it seems helpful by intent. She could give better help if she engaged and collaborated with other modders to find solutions; but she refuses to do that. She refuses to participate on these forums and instead has her own little fiefdom where she can deceptively speak from various different personas, and ban anyone who might disagree with her. (And no wonder it seems so cozy there!)

It has been stated on numerous occasions that she would be quite welcome here, to participate in the community with other modders for the benefit of all. Only that she should do so with a single username, and it would be nice if she took down stolen work from her site. Such terms don't seem very onerous to me!  But she refuses them, and it is 100% her own choice.

Does she get criticism here, in her absence? Yes, and I can see why that, taken on its own, rubs you the wrong way. Your reaction is natural and fine - just not fully informed. But for her part, in making a choice to refuse to engage with other modders, in choosing to ultimately be less helpful to noobs than she could be, because retaining the ability to deceive people and retaining and sharing her stolen work is too important to her?  By such a choice, she pretty well validates the criticism...