Jump to content

Seams between tiles on custom area map


hiyosilver

Recommended Posts

Hello!


I've been trying to get back into area making after dabbling in it a long time ago.

I grabbed the first dungeon map I could find (exported from PT, I believe) and worked through the tutorial.


So far the technical bits are all working fine as far as I can tell, however I can't get rid of these seams between the tiles when actually playing the map:




They are occasionally vertical bust mostly horizontal, and disappear and reappear somewhat when I zoom.

I vaguely recall having a very similar problem when I tried doing this way back when, but can't remember if or what I did to fix it.

My first guess was that it might be a problem with the bitmap type, but the documentation says 24bit should be fine.

To be clear, this is only for my own creations; the rest of the game works just fine.


Does anyone have experience with this? My searches so far haven't brought up anything even close to relevant.


Thank you for your time! :thumbsup:

Link to post

This is because the game uses different file format in EE games today and you have the zoom function among other things. So find a way to convert the .tis files into .pvrz's.

Among the thousand other things an uptodate Near Infinity can do this. Well from the original image into .pvrz... so technically not the .tis, but the .png that is the base for the .tis. And yeah, you can also use the NI to convert the .tis to .png and that into the .pvrz... :p

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
Link to post

Hey Jarno,

 

when I have converted the png to pvrz, what exactly do I do with it?

I assume it can't be used interchangably with the old tis?

The way you describe it makes it almost sound as if the old way doesn't work anymore, or am I reading too much into this? :)

 

Edit: Mmh, it seems to skip any file I give it, no matter the format or compression. Maybe this will take a little longer...

Edited by hiyosilver
Link to post

Edit: Mmh, it seems to skip any file I give it, no matter the format or compression. Maybe this will take a little longer...

Did you also change the .are... well actually it's .wed file reference, as the file contains the tileset variable that also needs updating to reflect the change ? And you need to do that and put the .pvrz -file into the game install folders override folder. That's all.

Sorry, that I didn't remember the-entire-instructions-offhand.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
Link to post

Oh sorry, I actually meant the conversion in NI ;D

I don't have the file yet, but thank you so much for the help so far!

Now I know what to do it probably won't be too much longer.

 

Maybe I just need a different NI version...

 

Edit: Looks like Image to PVRZ doesn't work for me. Image to TIS does and has an option for "PVRZ-style" but the TIS it outputs crashes DLTCEP when trying to use it for anything.

Edited by hiyosilver
Link to post

Maybe I just need a different NI version...

Use the latest aka the snapshots version. And you might want to edit the game in NI instead of DLTCEP cause that's not the latest uptodate game editor. See, we live in 2018 and not anylonger in 2014, when the v2.0 BGEE was a dream still. And the SoD didn't exist. Edited by Jarno Mikkola
Link to post
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...