Ajantis BG1: Problems and Bug Reports

jastey

1 minute ago, jastey said:

You would need to open Ajantis.bcs in Near Infinity and copy the relevant script block.

It should be this one :

"IF
    InParty("Ajantis")  // Ajantis
    !StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    Global("C#Ajantis_BG1KorlaszDefeated","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ActionOverride("Ajantis",StartDialogNoSet(Player1))
        DisplayStringHead(Myself,103735)  // Running block 3 of AJANTIS.BCS

END"

Seems like it, but I am confused because for this variable ("Global("C#Ajantis_BG1KorlaszDefeated","GLOBAL",1)") there should be a valid dialogue in both Ajantis' BG1 and SoD dlg file. I wouldn't know why it doesn't trigger the correct dialogue.

His dialogue should either still be the BG1 one, or if some scripts happened his SoD one (but I think Transition prevents that switching happens in Korlasz Dungeon).

Did the Setup-AjantisBG1.DEBUG show an "~Transitions Mod detected...~" entry?

EDIT: To close the stutter, you can set Global("C#Ajantis_BG1KorlaszDefeated","GLOBAL") to "2" per cheats. I sense that this is a bug that needs fixing on mods' level, though.

10 minutes ago, jastey said:

Seems like it, but I am confused because for this variable ("Global("C#Ajantis_BG1KorlaszDefeated","GLOBAL",1)") there should be a valid dialogue in both Ajantis' BG1 and SoD dlg file. I wouldn't know why it doesn't trigger the correct dialogue.

His dialogue should either still be the BG1 one, or if some scripts happened his SoD one (but I think Transition prevents that switching happens in Korlasz Dungeon).

Did the Setup-AjantisBG1.DEBUG show an "~Transitions Mod detected...~" entry?

EDIT: To close the stutter, you can set Global("C#Ajantis_BG1KorlaszDefeated","GLOBAL") to "2" per cheats. I sense that this is a bug that needs fixing on mods' level, though.

Thank you for the workaround. 🙂

Here is my setup-AjantisBG1.DEBUG :

"Transitions Mod detected...
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
[AjantisBG1/translations/French/AJANTISBG1_TRANSITION.TRA] has 35 translation strings
[ajantisbg1/crossmod/ajantis_transitions.d] loaded, 5104 bytes
Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...
[./override/AJANTJ.DLG] loaded, 378030 bytes
[AJANTJ.DLG] loaded
[AJANTJ.DLG] saved    1626 states, 3996 trans, 143 strig, 1479 ttrig, 954 actions
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
[AjantisBG1/translations/French/AJANTISBG1_TRANSITION.TRA] has 35 translation strings
[ajantisbg1/crossmod/ajantis_transitions_endlessbg1_korlasz_tomb.d] loaded, 2098 bytes
Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...
[./override/AJANTJ.DLG] loaded, 381321 bytes
[AJANTJ.DLG] loaded
[AJANTJ.DLG] saved    1632 states, 4005 trans, 145 strig, 1480 ttrig, 956 actions
Extending game scripts ...
[ajantisbg1/crossmod/ajantis_transitions.baf] loaded, 1865 bytes
[./override/AJANTIS.BCS] loaded, 228169 bytes
Extended script [ajantis.bcs] with [ajantisbg1/crossmod/ajantis_transitions.baf]
[ajantisbg1/BG1_end/c#ajan_bg1end_sod.baf] loaded, 1961 bytes
[./override/AJANTIS.BCS] loaded, 231695 bytes
Extended script [ajantis.bcs] with [ajantisbg1/BG1_end/c#ajan_bg1end_sod.baf]
[AjantisBG1/crossmod/ajantis_transitions_eet.baf] loaded, 448 bytes
Extended script [#L_CUT09.bcs] with [AjantisBG1/crossmod/ajantis_transitions_eet.baf]
[./override/CAMPAIGN.2DA] loaded, 1675 bytes

EndlessBG1 detected: Installing crossmod.."

The last line surprises me since actually I don't have EndlessBG1 installed.

20 minutes ago, Trouveur80 said:

EndlessBG1 detected: Installing crossmod.."

The last line surprises me since actually I don't have EndlessBG1 installed.

It checks for FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~c#stdstr.bcs~ which should be only installed by EndlessBG1.

Oh, no Transitions also compiles the same script. Hmm. I need to redo my checks for EndlesBG1.

This shouldn't be a problem concerning the Ajantis stutter, though. It just doubled the dialogues and script blocks, but once they run, the variable should be closed no matter how often it's in the files.

EDIT: Ah, no, the PRINT line is wrong. It didn't install anything, just printed the line. The actual check for installation is only if the component(s) of EndlessBG1 is installed.

14 minutes ago, Mordekaie said:

On my way for a "big" EET install. Just for confirmation, Ajantis BG1 has to be installed after Endless BG1 and Transitions to activate some crossmod contents ?

Yes, that's correct. Crossmod (farewell line at the right time) and compatibility, too.

I'm having some trouble installing Ajantis BG1, specifically the component 'Ajantis SoD NPC: Crossmod Content'.  Weidu bombs out with:

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(Unix.ENOENT, "stat", "ajantisbg1/ajantissod/baf/bg1npc_shield.baf")
Please make a backup of the file: WSETUP.DEBUG and look for support at: Please post at G3 or Kerzenburgforum, refer to readme.

To troubleshoot this, I've reduced my EET install to just EET, BG1NPC, and then this mod.  Despite what the error may suggest, skipping the "shield" component has no effect either way.

EET v13.4, vBG1NPC 30, AJANTISBG1 v19.

wsetup.debug weidu.log

Edited by Axatax
Guest Aeris

Hello there, here to report an error during installation of Ajantis 19.1 on Windows EET (installed beforehand DLC Merger / BG1NPC / BG1NPCMusic / BG1UB / EET).

rohk.jpg

By the way, I loved all your Ajantis mods. I finished the entire game with them once, now I want to play them once again (I am curious about the SoD content !). Thank you !

Hi Jastey, I'm playing on a BG1EE w/SoD installation with both the BG1NPC Project and the Ajantis BG1 expansion.  My party just encountered the three Flaming Fist mercenaries that stop you on the road south of Beregost on the way to Nashkel.  Ajantis had an interjection in that encounter that triggered normally, but the end result of the conversation was combat.  After the Fist mercenaries were defeated, I encountered a stutter bug with Ajantis's PID popping up repeatedly.  

I downloaded the stutter debug tool, and the repeating sctipt block was Block 264 of Ajantis.BCS.  I opened that file with NI, and here is the applicable block:

IF
    InParty(Myself)
    !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    !StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    CombatCounter(0)
    !See([ENEMY])
    See(Player1)
    Global("C#AjantisFLAM5_0","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        DisplayStringHead(Myself,123451)  // Running block 264 of AJANTIS.BCS
        StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

Given that the Global referred to references "FLAM," it looks like something about resolving that encounter through combat isn't setting a variable appropriately, which is causing the PID to loop repeatedly.  

@Delior Thanks for reporting, I did The Mistake there to not give the dialogue a WEIGHT so it can't be triggered because it was installed after the PID. (Which is the required install order so this is totally on me.)

To end the stutter, set per cheat:

C:SetGlobal("C#AjantisFLAM5_0","GLOBAL",3)

And this is what Ajantis is trying to say:

@17  = ~[Ajantis]What - what stupid fools! They attack those who are here to help them stop the bandit threat - they attack *us* and force us to kill them! What an unfortunate turn of events.~