Ajantis BGII: Problems and Bug Reports

jastey

Current is 2.5.x. You need to update your game or try to install v14 of the mod which was still compatible with the old EE (EDIT you'll be on your own, though, as I will not trouble shoot outdated versions.)

Got the following error installing VERSION ~20~ //190616

ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [AjantisBG2\tob\dialogue\tob_ajantis_ee_banter.D]: Failure("resource [BWILSO25.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")

I looked.  That file (BWILSO25.DLG) isn't in my BG2 game.  It managed somehow to make it over to my previous EET setup.  Not sure from where.  I'll just copy it from there, but thought you should know...

EDIT: Got the same error for BWILSON.dlg

Sorry for the mix up and posting this on the BG1 Ajantis thread.  And before @Jarno Mikkolajumps on this one about the debug file-none was produced because installation was aborted when these errors popped up.  He does keep one on one's toes. :)

2 hours ago, Lauriel said:

And before @Jarno Mikkolajumps on this one about the debug file-none was produced because installation was aborted when these errors popped up.  He does keep one on one's toes. :)

So you are sure that no "setup-ajantisbg2.debug" file exists in the game directory you installed it into ? That you can open with Notepad...

Just now, Jarno Mikkola said:

So you are sure that no "setup-ajantisbg2.debug" file exists in the game directory you installed it into ? That you can open with Notepad...

I'm sure.  I patched it with the files it was looking for long ago and reinstalled.  I should have been more methodical, but I wasn't.

@Lauriel how exactly did you install the mod? Did you do it in several steps? Did you rearrange the components afterwards?

The tp2 contains the following with regard to Wilson:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////Give WILSON banter file as used in the Wilson chronicles ///
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~wilson.dlg~ THEN BEGIN
 PRINT ~Wilson detected - Wilson interdia.2da append - set Wilsons's banter file (BWILSON & BWILSO25)~
    APPEND ~interdia.2da~ ~WILSON BWILSON BWILSO25~
    UNLESS ~WILSON~
   ACTION_IF NOT (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~BWILSON.dlg~) THEN BEGIN
      <<<<<<<< ...inlined/BWILSON.d
      BEGIN BWILSON
      >>>>>>>>
      COMPILE ~...inlined/BWILSON.d~
  END
   ACTION_IF NOT (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~BWILSO25.dlg~) THEN BEGIN
      <<<<<<<< ...inlined/BWILSO25.d
      BEGIN BWILSO25
      >>>>>>>>
      COMPILE ~...inlined/BWILSO25.d~
  END
END

This should be fail-safe - but it is only done once, no matter how many times the optional mod components are re- or deinstalled afterwards. It seems that after installing the main component those Wilson dlg files somehow got lost on your BGII game, which is weird. Also, if you installed the mod there should be a DEBUG. If you have the mod installed and no DEBUG then something went very wrong I would say.

Hmm, so the inlined didn't work.  Very strange.  This isn't the only weirdness that's happened on my machine.  I'm wondering now if my anti-virus software is being intrusive.

8 minutes ago, jastey said:

If you have the mod installed and no DEBUG then something went very wrong I would say.

I have the debug now, but only after providing those files and moving on.  I don't have the debug files from when the error occurred. Like I said, I should have been more methodical, but wasn't.

OK. I do start to think there is something fishy with your install tbh. I managed to destroy several installs even without obvious things like aborted mod installations or starting several install windows at once etc. (which usually lead to a borked install right away). Still, at some point I noticed the game is done for with ressources in it that shouldn't be there or mixed up strings in the dialog.tlk etc. although no mod was installed. I usually start with a fresh game in those cases.

I started over with virus protection off and it went normally - though my dream sequences still aren't showing their respective BMPs.  They exist in the game, just not showing up.  Not pertinent to Ajantis, though.

8 minutes ago, jastey said:

I do start to think there is something fishy with your install tbh

I've started from scratch three times today.  This final time no issues with Ajantis.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.