Ajantis BGII: Problems and Bug Reports

jastey

Global("C#AjantisBodhiAbduction","GLOBAL",0) -> check variable for this situation - don't have this, only got bodhifirstcontact and bodhithreat, both are 1
!Global("C#AjantisRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3) -> NOT 3, i.e. active romance  - this is 2 in my game
Global("C#AjantisEngagedMatch","GLOBAL",1) - 1 in game
Global("C#AjantisEngaged","GLOBAL",1) - 1

Then it should have happened. One other possibility: you have another mod installed that changes Bodhi's dialogue at this point in a non-compatible way so Ajantis' interjection doesn't show.

Can you decompile "BODHIAMB.dlg" with NI to a .d file and attach it here?

3 minutes ago, jastey said:

Then it should have happened. One other possibility: you have another mod installed that changes Bodhi's dialogue at this point in a non-compatible way so Ajantis' interjection doesn't show.

Can you decompile "BODHIAMB.dlg" with NI to a .d file and attach it here?

attached. Is there anyway to solve this via console in game?

BODHIAMB.D

@marcnivar We are talking about the dialogue where Bodhi starts with ~You are becoming an impressive pest, one that I am finding difficult to ignore!~.

Do you have Xzar in your party, from a mod? Then I'd like to have the 7XXZARJ.d, as well.

If not, then I wouldn't know what went wrong if Ajantis is in party and able to talk. The variables seem to be fine.

The Xzar interjection is fine. (Especially if he's not in your party.) Thanks for the d-files.

Bodhi says the line ~Regardless, I have not the time to stand here discussing what you will or will not do. I have more important duties to take care of.~

After that, the dialogue should shift to another line from Bodhi and then Ajantis to start his abduction.

From your Bodhiamb.d:

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 5 // from: 2.0 3.0 4.0
  SAY #56532 /* ~Regardless, I have not the time to stand here discussing what you will or will not do. I have more important duties to take care of.~ */
(snip)
  IF ~  Global("C#AjantisBodhiAbduction","GLOBAL",0)
!Global("C#AjantisRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)
Global("C#AjantisEngagedMatch","GLOBAL",1)
Global("C#AjantisEngaged","GLOBAL",1)
IsValidForPartyDialogue("C#Ajantis")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("C#AjantisBodhiAbduction","GLOBAL",1)
~ GOTO 52
END

So - no idea why it doesn't work. 🤔

Since the variables seem to be all set I don't know what to suggest, other than double checking those and make sure Ajantis is able to talk and is near the PC so Bodhi can see him etc.

You'll miss the drama of the abduction and Ajantis' dealing with it. You can kick off the after dialogues by setting Global("C#AjantisBodhiAfterTalk","GLOBAL",2) to 2.

I moved the whole party with ctrl+j closer to Bodhi and the abduction talk is still not triggered.

Thanks for the help. I think I will try to load the save game with a new installation (both 2.5 and 2.6.6) with Ajanstis bg2 only installed and see if it helps.

I will keep this save file, in case need it for further investigation.

Edited by marcnivar
Spoiler

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 52 // from: 5.12
  SAY #56544 /* ~You follow in the hopes of retrieving something dear to you. I say that the longer you keep this up, the more you will lose.~ */
  IF ~  OR(2)
!InPartyAllowDead("C#Ajantis")
Dead("C#Ajantis")
~ THEN GOTO 6
  IF ~  InPartyAllowDead("C#Ajantis")
!Dead("C#Ajantis")
~ THEN GOTO 53
END

What does these lines mean? I found that I have this talk 52 in my game, but it does not proceed to 53, it proceeds to 6.

Spoiler

51785365390_7dd61170f7_k.jpg

I don't know anything about modding, but I did some experiment in editing the BODHIAMB.dlg file and managed to trigger the abduction scene. I run a test play quickly to see whether everything is alright after that, until Ajantis rejoin the party in the temple of Helm...

What I did was changing the above mentioned lines in the BODHIAMB.dlg file to the following :

Spoiler

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 52 // from: 5.12
  SAY #56544 /* ~You follow in the hopes of retrieving something dear to you. I say that the longer you keep this up, the more you will lose.~ */
  IF ~  InPartyAllowDead("C#Ajantis")
!Dead("C#Ajantis")
~ THEN GOTO 6
  IF ~~ THEN GOTO 53
END

I'm not sure whether this is safe though😅

Thanks for your test! I thought ~InPartyAllowDead("C#Ajantis") !Dead("C#Ajantis")~ means "he is in party but not dead", I am not sure why this doesn't trigger the abduction scene (because it triggered for several other players and during testing etcpp).

I'm glad you got it to work in your game! 🥳

As for the edit, the engine evaluates the transactions from bottom to top, meaning the transaction with triggers would never be evaluated because the bottom one is always true. One could change the thing to:

IF ~~ THEN GOTO 53
 IF ~  OR(2)
!InPartyAllowDead("C#Ajantis")
Dead("C#Ajantis")
~ THEN GOTO 6 //<- will only happen if Ajantis is dead or not in group
END 

But, since the InPartyAllowDead("C#Ajantis") seems to work differently than what I expected (suddenly 🤔), this might go haywire as well. I will change the checks in the next version to something more common.