Paladin and pre-marital sex

jastey

Can a paladin of Helm have pre-marital sex?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thank you for the appreciative words. And thank you everyone for your input. This thread hepled me a lot to fill this issue with life in the romance. I know that there is no way to please everyone, and that the way I see and write the romance might not be liked by some (or many...), but I think I found a way to "soothe" the tension between the different opinions about the here discussed issue in the romance. Play and see... I am very much interested in feed back, as you can imagine. :)

Big thanks to Volly who started this discussion. I hope you are alright!

Considering the romance is in alpha-state, I will close the poll now, but feel free to go on discussing the issue if you want.

EDIT: Not knowing how to close the poll I guess it will stay open. :)

Western Paladin: Just a note: the romance won't go far if your PC is a thief. The main reason I took in this kick-out restriction is the engine not giving me enough possibilities to check how the PC actually behaves, so I made it a principle thing.

A vow of chastity is one of many a paladin can voluntarily make, though some deities/churches would encourage it more than others. I'd say the church of Helm would encourage it somewhat, but whether he would actually take this particular vow or not depends entirely on the czar's interpretation of his personality :).

Actually I would wager that it would be by far preferable for Helm, if you had casual sex, but be ready to jump whenever the need arises than to bond with someone for all eternity thus creating a conflict of interest wether to protect your family or go and hunt some orcs for the greater good. Celibacy may not be so much enforced by rules but by lifestyle. Crusaders never settle down.

As the watchful god of guardians and protectors, I'd think Paladins of Helm would be more likely to be found on defensive rather than offensive missions - i.e. they'd be templars and hospitalers rather than crusaders :).

Western Paladin: Just a note: the romance won't go far if your PC is a thief. The main reason I took in this kick-out restriction is the engine not giving me enough possibilities to check how the PC actually behaves, so I made it a principle thing.

Oh well. I'm sure I'll figure something out. :)

As the watchful god of guardians and protectors, I'd think Paladins of Helm would be more likely to be found on defensive rather than offensive missions - i.e. they'd be templars and hospitalers rather than crusaders

That makes sense, though I seem to recall Ajantis' biography says that he came to the Sword Coast to "curtail the increased humanoid activity". Though I suppose that doesn't really indicate unequivocally whether his mission is to attack or only to defend.

Oh well. I'm sure I'll figure something out. :)

If you check in the "thief in D&D"-thread I'll change the restrictions to single-class thiefs, if that helps. :)

I always read Ajantis' words not only that he is there to clearify what is threatening the Sword Coast but that he also would try to make an end to it, i.e. attack if necessary.

Helmites often guard and protect according to D&D (being the ever watchful..), though.

always read Ajantis' words not only that he is there to clearify what is threatening the Sword Coast but that he also would try to make an end to it, i.e. attack if necessary

I too got the feeling that Ajantis is an 'attack is the best defence' type.

Archived