K4thos

Progress

Hey, K4thos. Just out of curiosity, would it be alright to ask for a rough estimate about how far along IWD-in-EET is from being ready for a public release? 50%?

No rush or anything. Even if it took several more years I'd still be excited to play it 😃

Posted (edited)
On 3/14/2019 at 7:11 AM, Ser Elryk said:

Hey, K4thos. Just out of curiosity, would it be alright to ask for a rough estimate about how far along IWD-in-EET is from being ready for a public release? 50%?

No rush or anything. Even if it took several more years I'd still be excited to play it 😃

years? No, I don't think so. I would label the current progress of IWD2 content as "pre-alpha":

- all dialogs and scripts converted and compiled without errors,

- spells finished,

- items on the way (still working on the code that automatically generates EE style item descriptions based on stats and actual opcodes used by the item),

- all other file formats conversions finished,

- AWizardDidIt’s writing implemented.

In other words both IWD:EE and IWD2 content is already up and running locally. It's not ready for tests yet since some stuff is still missing:

- above mentioned items code is still WIP,

- enemy AI to work correctly requires help of EEex - I will send to Bubb a list of stuff that I hope EEx will be able to solve,

- I think some people may be interested in IWD2 style custom progression system with feats and free multi-classing that this mod aims to offer - lua code for this stuff as well as lifting engine limitations to allow it is not there yet (IWD2 feats are done though)

No ETAs - it will be done when it's done and only when I feel that it’s in polished enough state to warrant external testing effort. I also don't want to put any pressure on Bubb, so nah, no ETAs.

The project is far enough in development though that I'm now comfortable with asking for help once again. New topic regarding these tasks (spell icons art for new spells from IWD2, missing Tracking lines for BG1, Contact Other Plane strings for BG1/2 and IWD2 content, as well as familiar strings for IWD2 content) will be posted soon.

Edited by K4thos

6 hours ago, K4thos said:

years? No, I don't think so. I would label the current progress as "pre-alpha":

- all dialogs and scripts converted and compiled without errors,

- spells finished,

- items on the way (still working on the code that automatically generates EE style item descriptions based on stats and actual opcodes used by the item),

- all other file formats conversions finished,

- AWizardDidIt’s writing implemented.

In other words both IWD:EE and IWD2 content is already up and running locally. It's not ready for tests yet since some stuff is still missing:

- above mentioned items code is still WIP,

- enemy AI to work correctly requires help of EEex - I will send to Bubb a list of stuff that I hope EEx will be able to solve,

- I think some people may be interested in IWD2 style custom progression system with feats and free multi-classing that this mod aims to offer - lua code for this stuff as well as lifting engine limitations to allow it is not there yet (IWD2 feats are done though)

No ETAs - it will be done when it's done and only when I feel that it’s in polished enough state to warrant external testing effort. I also don't want to put any pressure on Bubb, so nah, no ETAs.

The project is far enough in development though that I'm now comfortable with asking for help once again. New topic regarding these tasks (missing Tracking lines for BG1, Contact Other Plane strings for BG1/2 and IWD2 content, as well as familiar strings for IWD2 content) will be posted soon.

This sounds very promising! Thank you so much for sharing and all the hard work you and the rest of the Moders are doing. 

3 hours ago, Gorion88 said:

This sounds very promising! Thank you so much for sharing and all the hard work you and the rest of the Moders are doing. 

Yes, indeed! Thank you very much K4thos!! 🤩

23 hours ago, K4thos said:

Contact Other Plane strings for BG1/2 [...] will be posted soon.

Fun!

OH MIGHTY KAHRK!!!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.