Progress

K4thos

So, is it completely new take on IWD-in-EET or Roxanne stole another mod, being impatient of K4thos going MIA? Sorry for being blunt, but reading this topic is like reading a monologue. 

Edited by Cahir
23 minutes ago, jastey said:

How about linking to the original project, instead of to a third site with unauthorized altered mod versions.

Well, it's a google drive based mod I quess, made by who knows "Ya" .. originally Russian player, who posted it here. ... I would guess the Guest Lookie could, but probably was not Roxanne.

Original text from the forum with specifics, but it leaves out that you already need to have EET installed:

... tp2 code:

REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~eet~ ~Please install Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Trilogy at first~

Order to install:
1. Subrace https://github.com/tipun81/Subrace-mod/releases - this adds IWD subraces to EET
4. Mod to access IWD1/2 content from EET https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W8-u4N-0VUlxdRbfa44mVOjtVUzSgE8b/view?usp=sharing - this add points to enter IWD1 from Ulgoth's Beard in BG1 after second visit Candlekeep and to enter IWD2 from Copper Coronet in BG2 after Underdark.
I believe that IWD1 can be achieved by another method from Friendly Arm from Sandrah Saga and there is additional content.
5. Worldmap patch: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10sjNteQKaRJYhNO5-F0EaOQ_JW2WZgKq/view?usp=sharing - this adds worldmap icons of IWD1/2 to BP-BGT-Worldmap if you use it. Should be installed after BP-BGT-Worldmap.
 I tested IWD2 and it is completely playable, but exist some issues: 

Gives details, which is probably why it was linked into... as it's not as simple as download an archive ...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
On 3/5/2021 at 4:35 AM, subtledoctor said:

At this point I’d be much more interested in discrete adventures - add the IWD main quest and HoW to the BG games in precisely the same way Argent77 added TotLM. Put Hjolder in the Druid Grove after Faldorn’s defeat, and let him Wnd Walk me to the North! IWD, HoW, and TotLM can all be separate adventures, no need for them to hang together as one massive campaign. (For that, we can already just play IWDEE.) 

Alas, I’ve glanced at the TotLM-in-BG2EE code, and I can’t make heads or tails of it. 

As for this project, it kind of seems like it got lost in the attempt to convert to a 3E ruleset for IWD2 inclusion. And even there, we also have the separate “IWD2EE” project, so this again seems redundant... :(

how is this  different from how IWD-in-EET is already intended to be?

the idea for a mega-campaign in the north was scrapped at the latest after SoD was released and IWD1 main campaign was given a lower priority to IWD2, which can be easily integrated in terms of continuity and timeline, while IWD1 can't be integrated in a no-tamper fashion either with SoD or with IWD2 itself.

7 hours ago, bob_veng said:

how is this  different from how IWD-in-EET is already intended to be?

Well, for one thing, IWD-in-EET is vaporware, whereas TotLM-in-BG2EE is complete and playable and was released in a small fraction of the time. Like I say, could next put Hjolder in Amn and import the HoW resources. (No story conflicts there.) Then maybe figure out the IWD1 campaign, or move on to IWD2. Do it in discrete bites, and maybe let a separate mod do the work of stitching it all together. And maybe keep the 3E conversion optional. There is a greater chance it would actually get done, and it would be modular and thus allow people to play parts of it even if they can’t use EEex. 

Making every little bit of it depend on a huge rules conversion that requires an alpha-status executable hack - a rules conversion which plenty of people may not even care about - well, some might say that’s crazy, but I’ll just say “inadvisable.” 

Frankly I’m a little annoyed this subforum even exists. Maybe someone would have put effort into IWD-related mod(s) if “IWD-in-EET” was not an announced project. As things stand it’s been discussed for years, with nothing to show for it. 

Did anyone try to contact K4thos, if he plans to continue developing EET or not? I was rather sure he is just waiting for patch 2.6 to happen, but now I'm more and more convinced he is not interested in IE modding anymore. The fix for 2.6.6 is still lingering in the forums and this is rather serious issue to fix directly in the main build :(

Hey, it was only two weeks or so. And BeamDog upated to 2.6.6 shortly after the official 2.6 announcements so waiting a bit before spending time on big updates makes sense. Plus, doing the update needs time, too.

I'll only believe k4this to be gone from EET maintaining when he posts here a good bye note. ;)

1 hour ago, jastey said:

I'll only believe k4this to be gone from EET maintaining when he posts here a good bye note.

That's the whole point. We haven't heard anything from him for a long time. He could just drop to let us know he is doing a longer break, or he is stopping the development for whatever reason. Or anything. 

Seeing he is actively working on a completely different project on his GH, makes me worried he just doesn't care anymore about EET. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I just kinda lost hope. And EET is the only way I want to finish my journey with BG saga :(

@Cahir It was always that k4thos was absent for longer periods of time. It's not like other modders who dropped out slowly. I am not worried. And not always is giving a note in the forums the way to go. I left a gazillion "I'm done" messages in the moderator forums. Turns out all I needed was a break. Others post "I'll be back soon" and then they never come back again. So even if k4thos would post his intentions, it still doesn't mean anything. [In case you are reading this @K4thos you know how I mean it.] It's the experience that counts more imho. And the experinece is that k4thos is absent for longer time intervals completely. And when he comes back he has updates ready.

I know from my experinece that I do projects phasewise, i.e. I have motivation for a project for a certain amount of time and then my interests shift again. It never lead to me abandoning projects, it just means it takes a bit longer until they are finished. And in between I do not work on the other projects at all.

13 minutes ago, jastey said:

@Cahir It was always that k4thos was absent for longer periods of time. It's not like other modders who dropped out slowly. I am not worried. And not always is giving a note in the forums the way to go. I left a gazillion "I'm done" messages in the moderator forums. Turns out all I needed was a break. Others post "I'll be back soon" and then they never come back again. So even if k4thos would post his intentions, it still doesn't mean anything. [In case you are reading this @K4thos you know how I mean it.] It's the experience that counts more imho. And the experinece is that k4thos is absent for longer time intervals completely. And when he comes back he has updates ready.

I know from my experinece that I do projects phasewise, i.e. I have motivation for a project for a certain amount of time and then my interests shift again. It never lead to me abandoning projects, it just means it takes a bit longer until they are finished. And in between I do not work on the other projects at all.

That was actually a good post 😉 Very thoughtful and sensible. You may be of course right, @jastey, it's just there was a lot of teasing of IWD-in-EET in the past and I got maybe a little too excited.

I hope he comes back. I put off playing Baldur's Gate for the longest time (I've only ever played BG1, once, and didn't even touch TotSC), because I wanted to play EET once IWD-in-EET was finally complete. I don't even remember how many years it's been now, or the last time I used a tool for a multi-mod mega-installation. I think Roxanne is still active over on her site. I may have to just end up finally playing IWD separately before BG1&2. Probably should have a long time ago. But with a new patch just being released I guess I should still wait a bit to see if it broke any mods and let them (hopefully) get fixed.