CamDawg's Tweak Pack Ideas

Grim Squeaker

My bigger beef is the 1H katanas, or not allowing an offhand short sword or dagger to grant defense bonuses. Ah well.

Check out Idobek's Tweak Pack; it includes a component that allows you to wield any bastard sword or katana as a one or two-handed weapon. I don't think I've seen any mods that allow it with long swords though.

Ok do you reckon we can come up with a Parry HLA that gives you +1 AC if you have a Short sword or Dagger as your second weapon. You could probably take it upto 2 or 3 times. Or maybe just a Duellist Fighter kit with that HLA and various others...

the incompatability bug with check the bodies and ub 3 is drove me insane... :)

Again, I reiterate--UB makes *no* alterations to the Waukeen's Promenade area script or the worldmap files. Considering CtB is known for not playing well with other mods, perhaps you should seek the solution there.

the incompatability bug with check the bodies and ub 3 is drove me insane... :)

Again, I reiterate--UB makes *no* alterations to the Waukeen's Promenade area script or the worldmap files. Considering CtB is known for not playing well with other mods, perhaps you should seek the solution there.

i too would guess its ctb interaction with a mod, and i am not blaming ub at all...and i am quite aware that ctb is a mod that does not play nice with other mods...

icelus, i apologise if my statement had sounded like i was blaming ub for my problems with area maps...

what i was trying to say was that any mod that tinkers with the game map is going to have to be compatability tested with mods that also makes changes with game maps. :D

My original idea was to change the worldmap interactively, but it's damn near impossible unless you're making very minor or cosmetic changes. Since I had a long list of issues to fix, I eventually had to concede that it's going to be an overwrite.

Sorry, no compatibility with other worldmap-changers. It will be a separate component though.

icelus, i apologise if my statement had sounded like i was blaming ub for my problems with area maps...

what i was trying to say was that any mod that tinkers with the game map is going to have to be compatability tested with mods that also makes changes with game maps. :)

No apology is necessary. :D

I just don't people on different forums seeing UB associated as causing problems that are probably due to a very bug-ridden mod. I'm trying to keep UB as compatible as possible, but there's only so much you can do when other mod makers put less emphasis on cross-mod compatibility.

but there's only so much you can do when other mod makers put less emphasis on cross-mod compatibility.

Ctb makes no bones of the fact it is UNLIKELY to be compatable with other mods...

i personally have always felt that it should really be one mod=one install..

HEY!!! cam!!! how about a utility that allows you to easily set up multiple installations of bg2/tob to allow a person to run different mods with different combinations?:)

or at least extensive and carefully written documentation included in the pack that gives people screenshots, examples and often asked questions and answers to allow them to install multiple installations of bg2 to allow each major mod and combinations...so someone could have a wes install (valen, sola, tactics, etc), a sos install with nej, a tdd install, and a ctb install....

its not really a mod, but a nice thing to have for people who are not computer savvy, something that will walk them thru step by step... :D

i personally have always felt that it should really be one mod=one install..

NOOO :):D As an adamant advocate of the get-as-many-mods-as-u-can tribe I have to outright reject that idea to be viable. I am aiming to have as many items from icelus' comprehensive list on my pc as possible. A separate install for every mod *ggrr*. I think Weidu is a great improvement to the good ol' days with iaps and tbgs so please be kind and combatible :D

For UU, though, it's probably a good idea. It seems like every new mod I find, he found it six months ago and is beta/alpha-testing it. Too many betas on a single game is a bad idea. :wink.gif

and its not just for betas, either...

if you install banter or flirt packs with improved battles, the knights of dark renown spawn blue circle, and you can kill them with extreme ease...and it don't seem to be affected by install order, either...

also, total conversions, glory of ishtar, ctb, bgt, big picture, etc cannot be safely installed with other mods...you really have to know exactly what you're doing to get them to work at all...and still be prepared to live with some fairly weird crap... :):D:D

Another tweak idea:

When you beat enemies into "morale failure: running" they generally run around a lot, leaving your visual range, entering random buildings and so on. Would it be possible to make them stay within your line of sight, or something like that? I don't think it would make them easier to kill, but it would make them a whole lot less annoying

(I just spent ten minutes chasing the Guild Contact around the Five Flagons Inn. I got him before he reached the stairs, but I swear he was going to run out into the street shouting "I'm plot critical and you can't catch me." I hate when they do that)

(I just spent ten minutes chasing the Guild Contact around the Five Flagons Inn. I got him before he reached the stairs, but I swear he was going to run out into the street shouting "I'm plot critical and you can't catch me." I hate when they do that)

ROFL, but I think you are not punished virtue-wise, if you kick his butt on the streets in broad daylight.

@UU you are probably right that betas and Tcs are an exception, but it is fun to have most of the new characters together in a game.

Archived