CamDawg's Tweak Pack Ideas

Grim Squeaker

The other bonus is that the IsValid trigger will also return false if it's referring to the person speaking. It's flat out embarassing when Yoshimo is the person talking to Irenicus and he mentions that Yoshimo is not in your party. :D

I'd like to add a series of the standard checks as well, i.e. InParty, See, StateChecks, etc. but it's going to require a nasty C_E_R with multiple WHILE loops--I'm not even sure if it's possible.

Another tiny little tweak idea. A tweak that makes Viconia's avatar have blue skin like her default portrait. Currently her default skin colour is a dark greyish colour - like most drow. Obviously you wouldn't install this component of you use an alternate portrait that gives her black skin (like the sporeboy! one).

(I know it's only a matter of time before UU drops in with a request to turn everyone's hair purple :D .)

Just release that as a mini-mod on this site - at least it'll make UUF be quiet for... ten minutes. It sets absolutely EVERY creature in the game's hair to be purple. Although alas you won't see it on a lot of 'special avatar' creatures...

One more idea: I've seen a lot of folks lament when they get whacked by some enemies when they're trapped in dialogue. It would be fairly easy to code up an "All dialogue pauses the game" component. There is supposed to be a flag you can set in baldur.ini that does this, but in my one and only experience using it it did not work.

Any interest?

Heh, as a person that plays multiplayer games most of the time I sometimes wish for an opposite kind of tweak. It was really frustrating in BG1 when every little, insignificant talk interrupted the game for both of us. Luckily things are not that bad in BG2. :D

-Meira

Yeah, I'd be in for the dialogue pausing the game thing. I actually hate it when I'm talking to some git after buffing my party to the eyeballs and the villain's exposition caused all my spells to run out. :D

I always wanted the option to just go "Die you pig!" *stick Irenicus in the neck*, but pausing the game will do nicely. :D

The dialogue pausing component has been added in v0.9.3. It took a bit longer to code since BG2 actually uses two file versions for DLG files. I believe the older ones are holdovers from BG1 and not used in game, but I updated them anyway. :D

Archived