SCS v31 Release Candidate (Now No. 3) Now Available for Testing

Huh. When I install SCS after FnP and s bunch of other mods, the general AI component usually takes about 6-10 hours. So your install time is not necessarily outside the realm of what's normal. We've had some discussion about how to knock that time down, and I gather that DavidW settled on something like "this should be better in v32." So it should be better in v32! ;) In the meantime, for me anyway, letting SCS run overnight is not the end of the world.

The D5DOM00 thing is odd, I don't recall seeing that in my SCS v30 installs. Anyway it is of zero use for enemies, so if the result is that ability does not get applied to enemies, no harm done.

The "fail to apply AI" messages are bad, I think. IIRC they might have something to do with a mod that adds multickass kits. I believe all of my mods have been updated to avoid this error, but someone else's might not. I don't know what mods you are installing (your link above just took me to some kind of empty page with Roxanne's website logo on it) so I can't help you beyond that...

tl;dr: I know it sucks but I would consider trying to figure out what is cauding that error, and then restarting your install... :(

Line 17427: Hunk #1 FAILED at 59.
    Line 17428: 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file 'haldamir/lib/b!ids.tph.rej'
    Line 17874: Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
    Line 17891: 1 out of 17 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file tyrisflare/setup-tyrisflare.tp2.rej
    Line 342114: Failed to apply general-AI patch to AJANTD (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))

Actually sorry, maybe this isn't about multiclass kits. Maybe it's about kit abilities that generally use opcode 177. If those mods being updated didn't fix it, you can try the fix I suggested here:

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29115&p=257777

Edit stratagems/sfo/general/lib_macro.tpa, at line 374, replace this:

PATCH_MATCH "%opcode%" WITH
                                       172 177 BEGIN END

with this:

PATCH_MATCH "%opcode%" WITH
                                       172 /* 177 */ BEGIN END

Just add "/*" and "*/" around "177."

I have put a fragment of v32 alpha onto the master branch on the SCS repository. It substantially streamlines SCS's kit processing, which should make it faster and more robust against bugs, especially in an environment with many modded kits present.

If someone could test it out that would be great. (It works fine on my install, but that's as part of v32 alpha, not as a fragment embedded in v31.)

I tried out the experimental master branch to test the new whitelisting of kit abilities. (I think that's what was added?)

- Installed on bare BG2EE v2.5: result = successful install

- Installed after the first two components of Might & Guile v3.7.10 (get it here), components 500 and 200, multiclass kits and feats... SCS errors out almost immediately in the 'Initialize Mod' component. Error message below.

[./DATA/SPELLS.BIF] 1481600 bytes, 1058 files, 0 tilesets
Appending to files ...
[stratagems_external/workspace/kit_spell_build.tpa] loaded, 265 bytes
Appended text to [stratagems_external/workspace/kit_spell_build.tpa]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/kitlist.2da] loaded, 8709 bytes
[./override/CLABFI05.2da] loaded, 3622 bytes
Appending to files ...
[stratagems_external/workspace/kit_spell_build.tpa] loaded, 998 bytes
[./override/CLABFI04.2da] loaded, 3628 bytes
Appending to files ...
[stratagems_external/workspace/kit_spell_build.tpa] loaded, 1731 bytes
[./override/CLABTH04.2da] loaded, 5837 bytes
ERROR: cannot convert type or %type% to an integer
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [CLABTH04.2da] -> [stratagems_external/workspace] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.

For reference, here is what CLABTH04.2DA looks like when it fails:

2DA V1.0
            1           2           3           4           5           6           7           8           9           10          11          12          13          14          15          16          17          18          19          20         21          22          23          24          25          26          27          28          29          30          31          32          33          34          35          36          37          38          39          40
ABILITY1    ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****       ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****      
ABILITY2    ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****       ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****      
ABILITY3    ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****       ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****
ABILITY4    ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****       ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****
ABILITY5    ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****       ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****
ABILITY6    ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****       ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****
ABILITY     AP_D5_ACBO1 ****        AP_D5FEAT4  ****        AP_D5FEAT5  ****        AP_D5FEAT6  ****        AP_D5FEAT7  ****        AP_D5FEAT8  ****        AP_D5FEAT9  ****        AP_D5FEAT10 ****        AP_D5FEAT11 ****        AP_D5FEAT12 ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****
ABILITY     AP_D5_THAC1 ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****  
ABILITY     GA_D5_RF71  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****
ABILITY     AP_D5IFEAT  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****
ABILITY     AP_D5_NSCRL ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****    ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****