The Beaurin Legacy Overview and FAQ

Well, is the Beaurin Legacy ToB part going well now ? And will it be released before the end of the year, I hope ?

Yes, ToB is currently in-progress. :) Whether it will be released before the end of this year has yet to be seen...

Although, I am thinking about creating a progress thread to track what has been completed/what needs to be worked on if that is something you or others may be interested in.

So I picked up Minyae as soon as possible, but her quest seems to be to open *that* hidden door in the inn.

Except there's no way I'm beating this lich before I play quite a number of hours because of Sword Coast Stratagems, plus the lich has been modified so that it blocks the entrance with a wall of force, which means no cheesing.

Does Minyae leave the party if I don't attend to her quest for a long time?

5 hours ago, Ladon said:

So I picked up Minyae as soon as possible, but her quest seems to be to open *that* hidden door in the inn.

Except there's no way I'm beating this lich before I play quite a number of hours because of Sword Coast Stratagems, plus the lich has been modified so that it blocks the entrance with a wall of force, which means no cheesing.

Does Minyae leave the party if I don't attend to her quest for a long time?

No worries, she won't leave the party if you don't attend to her quest for a long time. Although, she won't initiate her friendship talks until you do.

Thanks so much for this mod! I plan to translate it into Russian in the future.

One question: are you planning to add cross-mod banters with NPCs from the BG1 - Tiax, Coran, Safana etc. (which are added to BG2 with this mod)? The author of this mod, Smiling Imp, has long moved away from modding, unfortunately. But if he confirms that he does not mind such dialogues, can you add them? 

On 7/8/2020 at 12:50 PM, Austin said:

Thanks so much for this mod! I plan to translate it into Russian in the future.

One question: are you planning to add cross-mod banters with NPCs from the BG1 - Tiax, Coran, Safana etc. (which are added to BG2 with this mod)? The author of this mod, Smiling Imp, has long moved away from modding, unfortunately. But if he confirms that he does not mind such dialogues, can you add them? 

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response, and thank you for offering to translate it into Russian in the future!

I have cross-mod banters with some BG1 NPCs but not from that mod particularly. However, if he allows me to add dialogues, I would be more than happy to write the banters. :)

Guest Lollers

I've looked around for information on the "hidden" NPC, and found nothing. I just want to know what it can do for a group and how to prepare for it. 

Then, the hidden NPC did a good job remaining hidden. ;)

On a more serious note, here is some important things to note about the hidden NPC:

Spoiler

1. You will meet the Hidden NPC in Chapter 6.

2. The Hidden NPC will only join you if you are good-aligned.

3. Minyae and the Hidden NPC cannot be in the same party together.

• Class: Archer
  • Strength: 17
  • Dexterity: 19
  • Constitution: 16
  • Intelligence: 12
  • Wisdom: 16
  • Charisma: 14

On 7/21/2020 at 4:39 AM, jmaeq said:

I have cross-mod banters with some BG1 NPCs but not from that mod particularly. However, if he allows me to add dialogues, I would be more than happy to write the banters.

Hello! Smiling Imp replied that he didn't mind adding content, and would even be glad if his mod evolved! Here is his quote (Link )

I always imagined this project as a community effort, so if there are things that you think should be added, feel free to add them yourself. I won't be offended in the least. Quite the contrary, I'm just happy people still enjoy the mod and it looks like you are quite capable in both coding and imagination.

The latest version of the mod is here.

So, can you write cross-banters from his NPC from this mod (Shar-Teel, Garrick, Coran, Safana and others)?  It would be great to add dialogs with them :) 

There is a separate mod for cross-mod banters with these NPCs - Smiling Imp's Cross Banter Mod. I can add banters with your NPC to this mod if you write texts or allow me to use those that you have already written (for example, for Tiax). 

Edited by Austin
On 1/8/2021 at 5:41 PM, Austin said:

Hello! Smiling Imp replied that he didn't mind adding content, and would even be glad if his mod evolved! Here is his quote (Link )

The latest version of the mod is here.

So, can you write cross-banters from his NPC from this mod (Shar-Teel, Garrick, Coran, Safana and others)?  It would be great to add dialogs with them :) 

There is a separate mod for cross-mod banters with these NPCs - Smiling Imp's Cross Banter Mod. I can add banters with your NPC to this mod if you write texts or allow me to use those that you have already written (for example, for Tiax). 

I feel the need to write a script that continuously outputs, "Thank you!" to you Austin. I'm slowly getting back into modding, and this is now on my to-do list!