The Beaurin Legacy: Bug Reports and Problems

Ran into an oddity. I have Minyae with me in Ust Natha. During the ritual with the Matron Mother, the Demon zaps her with a flame spell and kills her. When Phaere talks about having the real eggs, the demon zaps Minyae with a flame spell instead of Phaere. I did a crt-y on Phaere, the demon dialogue continued as normal,  and then i raised Minyae. Everything is alright, except, how come Minyae got zapped?

1 hour ago, Truman said:

Ran into an oddity. I have Minyae with me in Ust Natha. During the ritual with the Matron Mother, the Demon zaps her with a flame spell and kills her. When Phaere talks about having the real eggs, the demon zaps Minyae with a flame spell instead of Phaere. I did a crt-y on Phaere, the demon dialogue continued as normal,  and then i raised Minyae. Everything is alright, except, how come Minyae got zapped?

May I ask what version of the mod you have? I believe that was an issue in versions 1.0 and 1.1, and I believed I had fixed it with the newest version (2.2).

Minyae wasn't supposed to get zapped, but the reason was that she interjected right before the action to kill Phaere would initiated. The way it was coded in-game was, whoever was the last person to speak, would get killed....and she just happened to be the last person to speak. 😅

Guest Fluke 13

Im playing V3, after the Crooked crane event, her PIDs go into a loop..."What do you want". Is this the stutter bug you mentioned? If so, I just need to download the newer version?

7 hours ago, Guest Fluke 13 said:

Im playing V3, after the Crooked crane event, her PIDs go into a loop..."What do you want". Is this the stutter bug you mentioned? If so, I just need to download the newer version?

Yes, that is the stutter bug that I mentioned and yep, all that is needed is to install the newest version (v3.1).

Guest Tomas
Spoiler

I'm having an issue with Elaryn in ToB. When I reach Amekthran and I find Willias he enter in a dialog loop that say "Halt! you can go no further --", then "Ela? Elaryn is that you?" and then the dialogue enter in a loop with Willias keep repeating the same with no way to interact with him. I had to end up killing him just to keep walking but I kept the Auto-Save from before entering the map so I can go back to the point where he is still alive.

Im in a EET run with my main (geomantic sorcerer), Rasaad, Amber and Elaryn. Everyone is good oriented and 20 reputation almost all the time. My main has 19 int, 19 wis (after Watcher Keep 4th level machine) and 18 Charisma (human influence ring) so he should be able to open any dialog. I also have the "Improved Archer" mod that somehow change Elaryn class, so I'm not sure if it does a class check for that dialog. I've just  installed the Version 3.1 but I had a previous version of the Beaurin Legacy when I've started the EET run in Candlekeep. Any idea what it went wrong?

Edited by jmaeq

If you installed v3.1 before entering Amkethran, I believe it should be okay. The mod doesn't check for her class either, so I don't think the "Improved Archer" mod has an impact.

Spoiler

There shouldn't be another way to interact with Willias either regardless of reputation, stats, alignment, etc. He'll have a different interaction depending on how you sided with, but the result is generally the same, just with different dialogue.

Looking through his script and dialogue, nothing really pops out at me. I believe I could make a small change to it, but I'm unsure if it would fix the problem. If you have a game saved after you kill him and if you have access to the console, could you type in:

C:GetGlobal("QI#EncounterTalk2","GLOBAL")

And let me know the output of this command?

Also, I made a portion of your post a spoiler, just in case anyone happens to be peeping at it and they haven't played the mod yet. :)

Edited by jmaeq
Guest Tomas

I get that the global "Does not exist". I will try to go back further back because I got another old save from before figthing Yaga-Sura and reach Amkethran again, but this time with V3.1 active before starting this Oasis--->Amekthran. I will coment back when I reach back the same place.

Guest Tomas

I've just try it but it remain in a loop sadly. I can try to add that global to my save with EEkeeper to any value you tell me if that is going to properly trigger the quest. BTW, thank you very much for the mod, I already played Minyae and I'm close to finnish with Elaryn ^^.

1 hour ago, Guest Tomas said:

I've just try it but it remain in a loop sadly. I can try to add that global to my save with EEkeeper to any value you tell me if that is going to properly trigger the quest. BTW, thank you very much for the mod, I already played Minyae and I'm close to finnish with Elaryn ^^.

I'll be able to investigate this problem more thoroughly this weekend, but for now, this command should trigger anything after the encounter:

C:SetGlobal("QI#EncounterTalk2","GLOBAL",1)

Thank you for reporting this to me! :)

Guest Fluke13

Hi, thanks for resolving the stutter bug on v3, Im now using v3.1.

I have a very obvious problem with word formatting - doesn't look like it's been reported before, so something so obvious must be specific to my set up.

Im playing the latest update of BG2EE, my game had already begun when I uninstalled v3 and installed v3.1 - I reloaded to before the crooked crane.

What I'm seeing is this: (for example)

@102 = ~You have a point. I guess I can’t blame you for that, but you need to be able to trust me.~

This happens every time the symbol ' occurs - Im playing on an HP laptop in the UK (UK keyboard) - I;ve corrected it on my version, by replacing (’) with (') across all TRAs, but Im not sure what the real solution is - maybe something going wrong with the UTF8 conversion?

4 hours ago, Guest Fluke13 said:

Hi, thanks for resolving the stutter bug on v3, Im now using v3.1.

I have a very obvious problem with word formatting - doesn't look like it's been reported before, so something so obvious must be specific to my set up.

Im playing the latest update of BG2EE, my game had already begun when I uninstalled v3 and installed v3.1 - I reloaded to before the crooked crane.

What I'm seeing is this: (for example)

@102 = ~You have a point. I guess I can’t blame you for that, but you need to be able to trust me.~

This happens every time the symbol ' occurs - Im playing on an HP laptop in the UK (UK keyboard) - I;ve corrected it on my version, by replacing (’) with (') across all TRAs, but Im not sure what the real solution is - maybe something going wrong with the UTF8 conversion?

Fluke13 You did nothing wrong, you local solution is fine, it's not related to keyboard and this one is on me:

- version 3.0 uses 'RIGHT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK' (U+2019) https://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2019/index.htm 

- when I've made my recent contributions to this mod, my editor (VSCode) highlight this and replace all instances of above character with normal apostrophe: '

- somehow the character conversion was wrong and you see malformed text

@jmaeq I will fix this tomorrow and send you updated files. Sorry for this.

Guest Fluke13

Yea - definitely no apologies - huge thank you to jmaeq and yourself, as well as anyone else who contributed. I'm just hoping anything I report back is useful in making things better for future players.

One very minor technicality - I've found if you are mid-play through (and Minyae is in party) and you delete old copy, reinstall new version - everything works fine, but a second Minyae is now waiting for you by the Crooked Crane. If you really wanted, you could add a script, so she doesn't get created if she's already in the party - but obv not many people would have this situation.

Cheers