The Beaurin Legacy: Bug Reports and Problems

On 4/4/2019 at 9:06 AM, Guest Tomas said:

I've just try it but it remain in a loop sadly. I can try to add that global to my save with EEkeeper to any value you tell me if that is going to properly trigger the quest. BTW, thank you very much for the mod, I already played Minyae and I'm close to finnish with Elaryn ^^.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to recreate this problem, but my version is without EET. Some time soon, hopefully within the next month or so, I will be able to install EET, do a thorough run through and try to recreate this scenario.

Thank you for your patience thus far. :)

Guest Tomas
On 4/14/2019 at 2:05 PM, jmaeq said:

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to recreate this problem, but my version is without EET. Some time soon, hopefully within the next month or so, I will be able to install EET, do a thorough run through and try to recreate this scenario.

Thank you for your patience thus far. :)

Don't worry if you can't find the problem, I've already finnish that run but I've kept a save file just in case. Now I've started a run on same game installation but on a super evil party (permanent reputation 1) but I'm having a "convenience" issue:

Spoiler

My party is me (Dark Moon Monk to follow Shar like Viconia), Viconia, Edwin and Minyae, so everyone is happy when we kill every innocent as soon as we get the reward from their quest and we have a double romance (me and vicky and Edwin with Minyae). My problem is that an evil party progress a lot faster than a good one and now I'm sitting at elve camp waiting for Minyae to finnish her romance with Edwin, meanwhile I already finnished mine with Viconia without console cheats (I even kill everyone on each of the temples at Temple District just to prove my love to Vicky). I've got only 2 love talks on the lessons that Edwin is giving to her and I'm not sure if there there is a way to speed up or if Minyae is ever going to finnish to translate her book. Basically, I'm not sure if enter the last chapter knowing I can't go back and leave something unfinnished on Minyae quest, there is any console code to speed up Minyae quest/romance progression or I'm done for SoA so is pointless to keep waiting?

Currently I have the game running on the background to spend lot of real time waiting for a talk while I watch Netflix, as resting many times seem to don't work on forcing the talks.

30 minutes ago, Guest Tomas said:

Don't worry if you can't find the problem, I've already finnish that run but I've kept a save file just in case. Now I've started a run on same game installation but on a super evil party (permanent reputation 1) but I'm having a "convenience" issue:

Hide contents

My party is me (Dark Moon Monk to follow Shar like Viconia), Viconia, Edwin and Minyae, so everyone is happy when we kill every innocent as soon as we get the reward from their quest and we have a double romance (me and vicky and Edwin with Minyae). My problem is that an evil party progress a lot faster than a good one and now I'm sitting at elve camp waiting for Minyae to finnish her romance with Edwin, meanwhile I already finnished mine with Viconia without console cheats (I even kill everyone on each of the temples at Temple District just to prove my love to Vicky). I've got only 2 love talks on the lessons that Edwin is giving to her and I'm not sure if there there is a way to speed up or if Minyae is ever going to finnish to translate her book. Basically, I'm not sure if enter the last chapter knowing I can't go back and leave something unfinnished on Minyae quest, there is any console code to speed up Minyae quest/romance progression or I'm done for SoA so is pointless to keep waiting?

Currently I have the game running on the background to spend lot of real time waiting for a talk while I watch Netflix, as resting many times seem to don't work on forcing the talks.

Spoiler

This is an issue I can certainly fix! I believe CTRL+T speeds up in-game time, which is what Minyae's romance timer with Edwin is based on. I believe the last talk between her and Edwin starts with "I wish to confide in you." On a side note, I didn't even think to account for a fast play through in terms of in-game days, perhaps I should think about implementing a real time timer instead...

In regards to her book, the quest isn't finished until ToB so you can feel free to move onto the next chapter whenever you'd like.

Edited by jmaeq
On 5/29/2019 at 2:42 PM, Psionica said:
  • Hi jmaeq. I was playing yesterday doing the Eight Staves quest with Neera W/out Minyae in my party. Well I kill Laneth and as I'm leaving Neera says "You're a Horrible person Minyae"  Odd since I never picked minyae up.

My apologies for the delayed response, but I'll look into that - thank you for reporting this to me!

2 hours ago, Psionica said:

ITs weird does neera always say that to Minyae if u take her along during her hidden refuge quest? It happened again w/out minyae

Neera only starts off the conversation with Minyae saying, "You're a terrible person, Minyae," only once.

I've just uploaded v3.3.1 which should help to ensure that does not happen again. :)

I will eventually play Minyae, only problem is I don't like Edwin. I never use him, xpt once when I wanted to do that quest he has. When I first played BG1 back in '98 I couldn't stand his character. I will make a party though in the future to see Minyaes npc interactions with other characters.

Hello! I found one problem - apparently, there is an error in the dialog code in the MIEE.d file. Here is this snippet, a dialogue between Neera, Edwin and Minyae:

== BNEERA @18
== BEDWIN @19

And these lines are in the MIEE.tra file:

Spoiler

@18 = ~I can hear you!! (What is the wench talking about?! I have roguishly good looks that all women would wilt away for! Not to mention, the ladies like my beard, it tickles them in just the right places...)~
@19 = ~Neera, don't you know by now that whatever my relationship to Edwin is, it is being taken VERY lightly. This is all fun and games.~

Obviously, phrase @18 should be spoken by Edwin, not Neera. And phrase @19 is not Edwin, but Minyae.

And one more problem - the line @14 in the QI#MIJ.d file does not refer to the tra-file, although it is present in it. This will lead to the fact that after adding the translation, this phrase will not be translated.

And some of Minyae's lines from this file are commented out and not used, although they are written (for example, @63 and @760) - do you plan to use them in the future?

Edited by Austin
On 7/23/2020 at 3:53 PM, Austin said:

Hello! I found one problem - apparently, there is an error in the dialog code in the MIEE.d file. Here is this snippet, a dialogue between Neera, Edwin and Minyae:

== BNEERA @18
== BEDWIN @19

And these lines are in the MIEE.tra file:

Reveal hidden contents

@18 = ~I can hear you!! (What is the wench talking about?! I have roguishly good looks that all women would wilt away for! Not to mention, the ladies like my beard, it tickles them in just the right places...)~
@19 = ~Neera, don't you know by now that whatever my relationship to Edwin is, it is being taken VERY lightly. This is all fun and games.~

Obviously, phrase @18 should be spoken by Edwin, not Neera. And phrase @19 is not Edwin, but Minyae.

And one more problem - the line @14 in the QI#MIJ.d file does not refer to the tra-file, although it is present in it. This will lead to the fact that after adding the translation, this phrase will not be translated.

And some of Minyae's lines from this file are commented out and not used, although they are written (for example, @63 and @760) - do you plan to use them in the future?

I have corrected those lines for the banter between Edwin, Neera, and Minyae and @14 in QI#MIJ.d should have referred to the tra-file. I have made the necessary changes to that as well.

Regarding @63 and @760, I do not plan to use them in the future.

Thank you for catching these issues. I'll be uploading a new version of this today.  New version uploaded to reflect these changes. :)

Edited by jmaeq

Hello! I wanted to clarify one more point. In the QI#M25B.d file, the NPC replicas from the EE version (Neera, Rasaad, Dorn - @290, @296-298) are commented out and are not used - is this a temporary solution? Or will they not participate in this conversation at all? After all, their lines are written and they are very good :) I would like to see them in the game ... 

Edited by Austin
11 hours ago, Austin said:

Hello! I wanted to clarify one more point. In the QI#M25B.d file, the NPC replicas from the EE version (Neera, Rasaad, Dorn - @290, @296-298) are commented out and are not used - is this a temporary solution? Or will they not participate in this conversation at all? After all, their lines are written and they are very good :) I would like to see them in the game ... 

It is a temporary solution until I figured out a better way to include them in the conversation. They will be restored in the future. Thank you for your kind words!