The Beaurin Legacy: Bug Reports and Problems

Hello! I saw another strange moment - the hidden NPC has two remarks about Hendak in the same situation, in the QI#ELAJ.d file these are lines @23 and @18. As I understand it, one of them will not be used in the game, or they will go in a row, although the text is almost the same. Check it out, just in case - is it a mistake, or otherwise.

Edited by Austin
On 8/8/2020 at 11:36 AM, Austin said:

Hello! I saw another strange moment - the hidden NPC has two remarks about Hendak in the same situation, in the QI#ELAJ.d file these are lines @23 and @18. As I understand it, one of them will not be used in the game, or they will go in a row, although the text is almost the same. Check it out, just in case - is it a mistake, or otherwise.

You are right about it being a mistake. I will be removing line @28 and I will be using @18 - thank you for catching yet another one of my silly mistakes!

Not a bug!! just an observation/information:

Starting her quest can be a problem on higher difficulty settings, that Lich means serious business! 

Nice mod, quite original. I tweaked her to be a Deathslayer and now she is lvl 15 and I don't need my protagonist anymore hahhaha, she just rolfstomp everything .... well, almost. 

On 8/14/2020 at 1:22 PM, InKal said:

Not a bug!! just an observation/information:

Starting her quest can be a problem on higher difficulty settings, that Lich means serious business! 

Nice mod, quite original. I tweaked her to be a Deathslayer and now she is lvl 15 and I don't need my protagonist anymore hahhaha, she just rolfstomp everything .... well, almost. 

Thank you for the kind words!

And yes, that lich can get quite nasty on higher difficulties. :)

On 7/31/2020 at 3:44 AM, jmaeq said:

It is a temporary solution until I figured out a better way to include them in the conversation. They will be restored in the future. Thank you for your kind words!

About these lines - try this:

(...)
== IF_FILE_EXISTS BRASAA25 IF ~InParty("Rasaad") !StateCheck("Rasaad",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @290
(...)
== IF_FILE_EXISTS BDORN25 IF ~InParty("Dorn") !StateCheck("Dorn",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) InParty("Aerie") !StateCheck("Aerie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @296
== IF_FILE_EXISTS BNEERA25 IF ~InParty("Neera") !StateCheck("Neera",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) InParty("Aerie") !StateCheck("Aerie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @297
== IF_FILE_EXISTS BNEERA25 IF ~InParty("Neera") !StateCheck("Neera",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) InParty("Aerie") !StateCheck("Aerie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @298
(...)

Edited by Austin
On 12/20/2020 at 6:19 AM, Austin said:

About these lines - try this:

(...)
== IF_FILE_EXISTS BRASAA25 IF ~InParty("Rasaad") !StateCheck("Rasaad",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @290
(...)
== IF_FILE_EXISTS BDORN25 IF ~InParty("Dorn") !StateCheck("Dorn",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) InParty("Aerie") !StateCheck("Aerie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @296
== IF_FILE_EXISTS BNEERA25 IF ~InParty("Neera") !StateCheck("Neera",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) InParty("Aerie") !StateCheck("Aerie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @297
== IF_FILE_EXISTS BNEERA25 IF ~InParty("Neera") !StateCheck("Neera",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) InParty("Aerie") !StateCheck("Aerie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @298
(...)

I will implement and test this for her next update - thank you! :)

Guest BGEnjoyer

Where and how do i begin the initial quest for Minyae? She randomly gained 100k xp and my global map was updated, but i have no clue what exactly changed because i use the big world map mod.

I was just downloading your mod. It will be part of my next EET playthrough.

I just noticed that TheBeaurinLegacy.zip and TheBeaurinLegacy-v4.0.exe are not identitical. It appears that the audio folder of TheBeaurinLegacy.zip contains one more file, an sox file. Just for information.

TheBeaurinLegacy-v4.0.exe

On 2/22/2022 at 9:04 AM, Guest BGEnjoyer said:

Where and how do i begin the initial quest for Minyae? She randomly gained 100k xp and my global map was updated, but i have no clue what exactly changed because i use the big world map mod.

Spoiler

I don't know how far into the game you were at when you picked up Minyae, but if you killed the lich within the Crooked Crane, I believe her initial quest is finished.

On 3/15/2022 at 10:13 PM, Mordekaie said:

I was just downloading your mod. It will be part of my next EET playthrough.

I just noticed that TheBeaurinLegacy.zip and TheBeaurinLegacy-v4.0.exe are not identitical. It appears that the audio folder of TheBeaurinLegacy.zip contains one more file, an sox file. Just for information.

TheBeaurinLegacy-v4.0.exe

Thanks for letting me know! :)

Guest ChieftainDigDag

Hello,  an old bug still persisting as of v4.8.2 is Minyae banter with Nalia about handouts (their first banter) keeps looping. The loop suppress all other Minyae and NPCs banters til I remove Nalia from party. It's the same bug as the banter looping that existed in old BG2EE versions between Neera and Minsc.

On 2/14/2023 at 12:02 PM, Guest ChieftainDigDag said:

Hello,  an old bug still persisting as of v4.8.2 is Minyae banter with Nalia about handouts (their first banter) keeps looping. The loop suppress all other Minyae and NPCs banters til I remove Nalia from party. It's the same bug as the banter looping that existed in old BG2EE versions between Neera and Minsc.

My apologies, I didn't see this until now! Thank you for letting me know, I'll be sure to fix this in her next update.