Cleric Kits

CamDawg

Well, my thought about allowing Necromancy was when I didn't know Healing was given Major access- so that'd be creating a very different sort of offensive Cleric.

I guess we could add schools to other Deities then, in some cases- perhaps Invocation/Evocation could be given to Mystra instead of the Magic Resistance bonus, as that is quite powerful?

I was just thinking about that. If we didn't include Evocation-only spells (which is most of them), it'd be both more appropriate and more balanced.

So the only Wizard spells they'd get would be Minor Sequencer, Chain Lightning, Delayed Blast Fireball, Spell Sequencer and Spell Trigger... though would sequencer/trigger spells even work for clerics?

EDIT: for some reason I can't seem to send you a PM, so I'll have to reply to yours here: I'm on MSN, nb_nmare@hotmail.com

Evocation spells are Chromatic Orb, Magic Missile, Shield, Agannazar’s Scorcher, Stinking Cloud, Web, Fireball, Lightning Bolt, Melf’s Minute Meteors, Fireshield (Blue), Fireshield (Red), Ice Storm, Cloudkill, Cone of Cold, Phantom Blade, Sunfire, Contingency, Death Fog, Mordenkainen’s Sword, Incendiary Cloud, Black Blade of Disaster, Chain Contingency, and Meteor Swarm.

According to the BG2 manual "Invocation normally relies on the intervention of some higher agency (to whom the spell is addressed), while evocation enables the caster to directly shape the energy". That's why Mystra granting Invocation but not Evocation spells seems appropriate :D

Archived