SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

It has to be either SR or SCS that changed it, can't imagine one of the other mods doing it. And it's definitely working differently now, I've been using Inquisitors for TS for years and years precisely for that purpose and this is the first time it's not worked as I'm used to.

Indeed, it's called "True Sight" in the unmodded game, and the description is identical to the Cleric spell; but in my game it's called True Seeing, and the description is slightly different (reveal, not dispel). So it's definitely an intentional change from somewhere. If it's not SR it must be SCS.

Edited by Lord_Tansheron

If the spell name is True Sight, it is not SRR's version of the spell. I think subtledoctor is probably correct in that normal SR does not handle either Inquisitor's or Priest of Helm's True Seeing, but if you are using SRR, I specifically made it so that SRR does handle those versions of the spell so that their behavior would be the same. And with that change, they were renamed to "True Seeing" to match the arcane and cleric versions of the spell, so if you're seeing "True Sight", something else has re-overwritten it. Possibly SCS, yes, but if you want to see everything that's modified it, you can either do a changelog or, if you're on Windows, search for "file:spcl232.spl" (Inquisitor's True Seeing) in your Baldur's Gate folder and see what mods' backup folders it's in and take note of them...assuming you haven't deleted all of the backup folders.

Edited by Bartimaeus

To clarify, I AM seeing "True Seeing" in all instances (Wizard, Cleric/Druid, Inquisitor), and while I do have an entry for "True Sight" in the files (SPPR950) it doesn't appear to be a player-usable spell so that's working as intended, I think.

The issue is that all instances of this new "True Seeing" do NOT dispel invisibility, they only reveal; whereas the original "True Sight" DID dispel (and the remnant in the files indeed also has that original description).

If that was an intended functionality change, okay, fair enough. It does seem Oracle at least still dispels, even though all other similar spells (including the mentioned Invisibility Purge) do not dispel, only reveal.

7 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I checked to make sure: Inquisitor's True Seeing (spcl232.spl) is indeed a clone of at least clerics' True Seeing, so if one dispels invisibility, this one should as well.

Yeah but my point is, Cleric's TS doesn't dispel either. The vanilla one did (True Sight), the SRR one does not (True Seeing). Cleric's Invisibility Purge also only reveals and doesn't dispel. I think the only spell that actually dispels invisibility (aside from Dispel/Remove Magic, of course) is Oracle. And, of course, the Detect Illusion skill.

From an RP perspective, that seems a little weird. If anything, it should be Detect Illusions that only reveals, since it's based on the perception of the character that has the skill. Actually removing the invisibility should probably require magic.

Edited by Lord_Tansheron

I installed and tested both SR and SRR, just for you, and in both versions, things seem to work as they should. True Seeing dispels illusory effects up to level 2. In other words, it will completely remove Blur, Mirror Image, Invisibility, and Reflected Image, as well as probably innate and item versions of these spells, but it will not directly dispel the likes of Improved Invisibility or beyond. For those, it will instead use the force visible opcode (136) so that the standard invisibility effect is effectively dispelled, then use the anti-improved invisible opcode (193) so that the caster who used True Seeing may target the Improved Invisible character without actually dispelling the Improved Invisibility for everyone else (i.e. only the character with True Seeing can target them with spells). I tested both SR and SRR - SR does not fix Inquisitor's True Seeing (in other words, it will not function like the arcane and divine versions of the spell), but SRR does (and it functions identically to them).

If you are using SRR, this is how True Seeing should work (with the exception of it targeting a friendly party member after I cast standard Invisibility - it does not do that normally, I enabled that just for testing purposes):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hqmg0gjqrk9pcbf/2018-12-27_22-15-03.mp4

If your True Seeings do not work like this, then your True Seeings have been modified by another mod most likely. As for Detect Invisibility and Purge Invisibility, as I recall, they remove the standard invisibility effect (aka second level Invisibility) but they do not remove the improved invisibility effect, but like True Seeing, they should allow the caster that cast DI/PI to target them. And finally, yes, Oracle actually directly dispels stuff like Improved Invisibility. Perhaps a couple of description changes to True Seeing and Improved Invisibility to more effectively explain the mechanics would be helpful.

Edited by Bartimaeus
16 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I installed and tested both SR and SRR, just for you, and in both versions, things seem to work as they should. True Seeing dispels illusory effects up to level 2. In other words, it will completely remove Blur, Mirror Image, Invisibility, and Reflected Image, as well as probably innate and item versions of these spells, but it will not directly dispel the likes of Improved Invisibility or beyond.

Okay, that isn't exactly clear from the description, though. All it says is "illusionary spells such as Blur and Mirror Image cast by opponents will be effectively neutralized" - but it clearly doesn't affect all illusionary spells, and it clearly affects more than just Blur and Mirror Image. That could really do with some clarification; see for example the spell protection removals, who all come with a list of precisely what they remove. Or just mentioning the level at least would be something. Invisibility Purge also makes no mention of the functionality you describe, instead just saying that "all concealed enemies within sight of the caster will become visible to the caster and their allies". The fact that it doesn't affect Improved Invisibility, for example, is super relevant.

These spells definitely should get a bit of an update in their description as to how they work.

Yeah, I'd imagine it was avoided being explained further upon in the description because of how painfully arbitrary it would sound. At least, that's why I wouldn't want to write the exact mechanics down, :P. But yeah, that line of spells definitely need clarification as to how they affect invisibility vs. improved invisibility, and True Seeing specifically could have a note about outright dispelling "minor illusions including Reflected Image, Blur, and Mirror Image", but no more.

On 11/3/2018 at 3:32 PM, Bartimaeus said:

So the Dispelling Screen you're seeing in SR is not actually SPWI510 (the real version of Dispelling Screen that replaces Spell Immunity), but rather SPWI590, which replaces SI: Abjuration. Basically, it looks like SR needs to find a way to disable giving you the individualized spells or use a different resource than Spell Immunity's SPWI510 altogether.

Do we have a workaround for this problem? is this just a leftover 2da edit from the old SCS spell immunity component?

I THINK it's being worked on for the latest version of Spell Revisions, although only incidentally. Instead of replacing Spell Immunity with Dispelling Screen, Spell Immunity should simply get disabled and Dispelling Screen will get its own resource, which should EE games from trying to turn Dispelling Screen into the various forms of Spell Immunity in contingencies and sequencers. At least, that's what people were working on before the forums died for a month.

Edited by Bartimaeus

That's correct, and also not specific to SRR. I thought it was kind of weird, too, but I think it's mostly to free up spell scrolls, and really, it's just not convenient to have 4 spells that are basically all the same memorized in your spellbook. It does make the priest versions of these spells quite terrible and inconvenient, though.

Looking at its effects, it should remove Stun (opcode 45), Hold I (opcode 109), and Hold II (opcode 175). Both clerics' and mages' Hold Person use Hold Person II (opcode 175), so it SHOULD work. Using a fresh install of SRR with no other mods, I cast priests' Hold Person on a created Hobgoblin (HOBGOB01) and successfully hold him, then add it to party and cast Remove Paralysis, and he is free to move. What was your process?

Edited by Bartimaeus