SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

btw, I think spell revison tweak spin977, the stone golem slow effect.

"It looks there is a problem whith stone golem (golsto01.cre) : this golem have a slow effect AOE and the problem is that that the thac0 penality that we have from this slow effect is cumulative. In the end, I have a thac0 of 65 with Korgan. Also, this slow effect doesn't reduce ApR if I am not wrong."

DavidW say the problem doesn't come from SCS. ( but according to weidu, SCS tweak this spell)

[weidu] WeiDU version 24600

Mods affecting SPIN977.SPL:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Spell Revisionsv4 Beta 16 (Revised V1.0.6)
00001:  ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 55 // Spell Deflection blocks AoE spellsv4 Beta 16 (Revised V1.0.6)
00002:  ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 4 6500 // Golems amelioresv32 RC6

Do you think the problem could come from SRR ?

Edited by DrAzTiK
37 minutes ago, DrAzTiK said:

btw, I think spell revison tweak spin977, the stone golem slow effect.

"It looks there is a problem whith stone golem (golsto01.cre) : this golem have a slow effect AOE and the problem is that that the thac0 penality that we have from this slow effect is cumulative. In the end, I have a thac0 of 65 with Korgan. Also, this slow effect doesn't reduce ApR if I am not wrong."

DavidW say the problem doesn't come from SCS. ( but according to weidu, SCS tweak this spell)

[weidu] WeiDU version 24600

Mods affecting SPIN977.SPL:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Spell Revisionsv4 Beta 16 (Revised V1.0.6)
00001:  ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 55 // Spell Deflection blocks AoE spellsv4 Beta 16 (Revised V1.0.6)
00002:  ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 4 6500 // Golems amelioresv32 RC6

Do you think the problem could come from SRR ?

From SRR specifically? No, but it could come from SR as a whole. I need more context, though - is one casting of Golem Slow causing massive THAC0 loss, or multiple? Golem Slow does not protect against itself (with or without SRR), so yeah, it will stack if cast multiple times...but if it's causing characters to lose more than a few points of THAC0 with only one cast, then that's probably worth investigating.

Edited by Bartimaeus

only multiple casting slow make massive thac0 loss. ( and with SCS, these golems cast slow almost every round).  I don't remember I had this problem in the past.

Well maybe slow should protect againt itself, IdK.

edit : ok I had the same problem with SCS v31 so it is surely standard.

Edited by DrAzTiK
34 minutes ago, DrAzTiK said:

only multiple casting slow make massive thac0 loss. ( and with SCS, these golems cast slow almost every round).  I don't remember I had this problem in the past.

Well maybe slow should protect againt itself, IdK.

edit : ok I had the same problem with SCS v31 so it is surely standard.

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. In an unmodded game, SPIN977 applies a -4 penalty for 45 seconds every time it's cast...so if stone golems actually cast it every round, or if SCS or some other mod is making it cast it every round, you'll have a THAC0 penalty of 24 after seven rounds of fighting. Brutal.

Edited by Bartimaeus
25 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. In an unmodded game, SPIN977 applies a -4 penalty for 45 seconds every time it's cast...so if stone golems actually cast it every round, or if SCS or some other mod is making it cast it every round, you'll have a THAC0 penalty of 24 after seven rounds of fighting. Brutal.

By default it's done every 15 seconds +/- casting time=0, so that penalty is +10 ± 2, and stays there, after 45 seconds.. or ~7 minutes in Realms time. So if golems are set to cast it every 6 seconds, the spell should last only 15 seconds.

Better option is to provide immunity via custom secondary effect, that last for less than the intended casting surge interval.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

1. Not correct, thanks!
2. Shouldn't make a difference, if I'm not mistaken (the range on the applied spell should not affect the range at which it actually kicks in...at least, I don't think).
3. I think so, yeah.

I'll be updating to 1.0.8 with a few fixes as soon as I have access to some Regeneration icons that were supposed to be implemented years back but never were courtesy of DreamSlaveOne (and Pacek).

Edited by Bartimaeus

I'm posting this here since it's the most active thread. Probably affecting SR in general.

Third level spell "Remove Magic" and "Dispel Magic" both mention affecting "any enemies" in their descriptions, but they behave correctly when casted (remove magic doesn't affect friendly targets). It's a minor error, but since a new release is coming, it might be easy to fix. The only other mod I have that might affect spells is SCS.

These spells also mention dispelling potions in their descriptions, but all potions with IR mention that they can't be dispelled. Maybe it's just in case someone use SR without IR?

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

. Shouldn't make a difference, if I'm not mistaken (the range on the applied spell should not affect the range at which it actually kicks in...at least, I don't think).

Tested, range is actually a factor. ATM even casting at prismatic mantle from max range causes it to trigger. Fixed locally by changing to range 6 ala fire shield. 

4 hours ago, Relay said:

Tested, range is actually a factor. ATM even casting at prismatic mantle from max range causes it to trigger. Fixed locally by changing to range 6 ala fire shield. 

Right, thanks for testing, and also cool, so I guess that means custom ranges can be defined for that sort of triggered effect - good to know.

5 hours ago, LordAle said:

I'm posting this here since it's the most active thread. Probably affecting SR in general.

Third level spell "Remove Magic" and "Dispel Magic" both mention affecting "any enemies" in their descriptions, but they behave correctly when casted (remove magic doesn't affect friendly targets). It's a minor error, but since a new release is coming, it might be easy to fix. The only other mod I have that might affect spells is SCS.

These spells also mention dispelling potions in their descriptions, but all potions with IR mention that they can't be dispelled. Maybe it's just in case someone use SR without IR?

Yeah, that *should* already have been fixed with SRR, but I think I recently copy+pasted a description edit that affected both Dispel Magic and Remove Magic that overwrote the text difference like a big ol' dummy. Thank for you the spot.

As for it dispelling potions...yeah, that's currently in a little bit of flux - Kreso was going to make it so potions could be dispelled, though I was personally against it. Good spot as well, though.

hello

I think jaheira haper's call is still not fixed on EE : the resurected character die again after being resurected.

Also the spellbook of jaheira is not correct. She have a level 3 protection from fire memorized ( with a protection from cold icon) and she also have acess to a level 4 protection from electricity 

Viconia also have this level 4 protection from electricity in her spellbook.

polymorph other : can you tell me what is the difference between targets level  11-15hd and targets with more than 15HD because description indicate that both make saving trows againt this spell at + 2

Polymorph Other is supposed to say no penalty for 11-15HD, not a +2 bonus.

I was pretty sure I thoroughly tested Harper's Call, but I'll give it another look at before updating to 1.0.8 to make sure.

Incorrect spells: You're quite right - but it's not my fault this time! When SR was updated to b16, @subtledoctor took my expansion of the "Update NPC Spellbooks" subcomponent and changed it in a number of ways to effectively make it more modular and easy to handle, and when b16 was released, I just integrated it into SRR and assumed it was working without actually testing it. Unfortunately, I just tested SR b16 without SRR on a clean install of BG2EE, and it looks like the Update NPC Spellbooks component is broken now and literally does not modify a single file from what I'm able to tell. Uh, so that's not exactly ideal. I'm gonna revert it back to my version of the subcomponent that I tested to make sure actually works (and confirmed again right now) until subtledoctor can take a look at it and figure out what happened. But that's unfortunate that the official b16's version of that subcomponent no longer works at all now (and also that I can't easily figure out why it doesn't work).

(e): It has been reverted now.

Edited by Bartimaeus

V1.0.8 released:

1. Dispel Magic now correctly says "any creatures" instead of "any enemies".
  2. Polymorph Other now correctly states "no penalty" instead of a "+2 bonus" for creatures 11-15 HD.
  3. Harper's Call now applies its stat penalty to Jaheira instead of the raised character (I did figure out what was going on, but ultimately it's more trouble than it's worth, and also I thought wouldn't any party member with less than 6 points in any given stat be instantly killed upon being revived with no way to avoid it, whereas Jaheira should always have the stats for this unless you cast it too many times at once...and with that in mind, the stat penalty has been decreased from 5 to 3).
  4. Various anti-magic attacks no longer mention being able to dispel Dispelling Screen when they shouldn't be able to.
  5. Larloch's Energy Drain no longer grants +30 maximum HP, but instead +20 (which is what it is in regular SR - the idea being that you get 5 per level drain) but also immediately heals 30 hit points on top of that. Still not ideal, but each level drain instead giving 6 HP was annoying me.
  6. A few spells have their own unique icons courtesy of @DreamSlaveOne and @Pacek's work that never got implemented - specifically, Dimension Step, Summon Death Knight, and the Regeneration series of spells (no more re-using the Cure series, which was a bit of a problem if you were running a Cleric-Druid).
  7. subtledoctor's updated spellbook fixer is disabled in favor of my original one (which is perfectly functional as far as I know, if a bit clunky to mod).
  8. Prismatic Mantle's range has been fixed to 5 instead of 1000.
  9. When the enchanted_weapon settings.ini switch is set to 0 on EE games, the description and stuff is still updated to the proper SR format now.
  10. Confirmed that the dispel_globe settings.ini switch is working as intended when set to 0 (i.e. M/Globe of Invulnerability makes you immune to Dispel and Remove Magic).
  11. Reviewed innate abilities and confirmed that spell-like abilities such as the Bhaalspawn powers should have their power levels set for the most part...but then discovered that @Relay's report was about a non-SR spell, since both the innate version of Vampiric Touch and Larloch's Minor Drain already have their power levels.
  12. Poison's power levels on its initial damage are fixed (can no longer pierce Spell Deflections/Globe of Invulnerability).
  13. Call Woodland Beings' Hamadryad and Nymph's spellbooks fixed. Nymph no longer has two Entangles but instead has two Dooms (too many Entangles is more annoying than helpful, I find), while Hamadryad's wasn't at all what it was supposed to be, and is now (albeit a little revised).

Will update post and thread title when actually fully released. (edit): Now live.

One thing I'm still looking out for, if anyone wants to bother, is where some additional scrolls might be placed in BG1 (and possibly BG2, but mostly BG1). Specifically Detect Alignment, Friends, and Wraithform.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Fire shield seems to be copying over improperly when installing SRR main component. SPWI418 is losing it's Protection from Insects OP codes I believe from Kreso's spell immunity update. It's Deleting any 206 effects in favor of adding 321, but doing so indiscriminately. SEE kreso_ee.tph

Easy fix is to update the spells we want to block Insects to opcode 318. (I don't see any drawback here??)

Storm shield (sppr322.spl) should protect from the secondary effects of insect attacks. SPPR319E.spl not SPPR319D.spl - Etc.. 

Tested on Fresh install with SRR

Edited by Relay
8 hours ago, Relay said:

Fire shield seems to be copying over improperly when installing SRR main component. SPWI418 is losing it's Protection from Insects OP codes I believe from Kreso's spell immunity update. It's Deleting any 206 effects in favor of adding 321, but doing so indiscriminately. SEE kreso_ee.tph

Easy fix is to update the spells we want to block Insects to opcode 318. (I don't see any drawback here??)

Storm shield (sppr322.spl) should protect from the secondary effects of insect attacks. SPPR319E.spl not SPPR319D.spl - Etc.. 

Tested on Fresh install with SRR

Hmm, I'm pretty sure the same must happen in non-Revised games, since SRR does not touch kreso_ee.tph at all. You suggest using opcode 318, but that would crash non-EE games. I'm just gonna have to go on a case-by-case basis here, I think, which isn't ideal, since it means I have to look through all the spells. And thanks @ Storm Shield.

V1.0.9 released:

1. Storm Shield (both druids' and Priest of Talos') should now properly block against insect spells again.
  2. I'd added the new Death Knight icon to the arcane version of Summon Death Knight, but forgot to for the divine version - now fixed.
  3. Vampiric Touch's secondary effect (that grants a maximum HP bonus) was self-immunizing against an old version of its filename (and therefore not working).
  4. Protection from Evil spells were not self-immunizing against Magic Circle Against Evil.
  5. A number of spells have improved or simply added support with Kreso's "update instance of spell" code for EE games (related to the function Relay described above that was accidentally deleting Fire Shield's protection against insects), including: Bless, various Protections from Evil, the Regeneration series of spells, Draw Upon Holy Might, Magic Resistance, the three different types of Mage Armor spells, Expeditious Retreat, Reflected Image, Wraithform, Vampiric Touch, Fire Shield, Mestil's Acid Sheath, Minor Globe of Invulnerability, and Larloch's Energy Drain. To eventually do: the Hastes(?) and Storm Shield (harder because of all of their self-immunities).
Edited by Bartimaeus