SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

On 1/27/2019 at 1:03 AM, Bartimaeus said:

Should also affect Soul Trap (which was already being modified by SR), although I'm unsure exactly how SCS affects this spell, which I will eventually have to check out

Adds saving throw at -5, but it’s skipped if SR is detected.

In my current ToB game it seems that  teleport field and incendiary cloud bypass magic resistance. ( tested with viconia 95% MR)

maybe sound burst also but not sure. ( I have taken damage from this spell with Viconia also If I remember correctly)

Also I wonder if the breach from wish spell is working correctly.(SCS mages use it sometimes)  It has done nothing on my party . (not even dispell  dispelling screen)

-

Edited by DrAzTiK

MR issues with SR (non-Revised) b16's Sound Burst, Teleport Field, and Incendiary Cloud all confirmed and fixed for SRR (and now live on github).

As for Breach, seems fine to me. Created a two sorcerer party on a fresh BG2EE install with only SRR installed, and went through three scenarios:
Scenario 1: Had sorcerer #1 cast Stoneskin, then sorcerer #2 cast Breach on sorcerer #1, and it was dispelled.
Scenario 2: Had sorcerer #1 cast Dispelling Screen and then Stoneskin, then sorcerer #2 cast Breach on sorcerer #1, and the Dispelling Screen was dispelled, but not the Stoneskin. Then cast Breach on sorcerer #1 again, and the Stoneskin was dispelled.
Scenario 3: Same as scenario 2, except the order of Dispelling Screen and Stoneskin was switched. Same result.

If you have reproducible steps, lay them on me.

(e): I just noticed that you said the Breach spell from Wish. Reading comprehension skills, people. Yeah, looks like you're right, it's not getting the remove Dispelling Screen effect correctly, will get back to it later.

Edited by Bartimaeus

It was a little bit of a nightmare to fix since the way Spell Shield, Dispelling Screen, and Breach were all interacting with each other via the different .tpa files was...not intuitive, to say the least...at least to somebody not intimately familiar with weidu (a hour or so of my life down the drain trying to figure what in the world was happening between ardanis_spell_shield.tph, dispelling_screen.tph, dispelling_screen.tpa, and main_component.tpa...), but I think I got it now. Should be fixed, and the version number has been incremented to V1.0.11. ...Also, once again, something that needs to be fixed in SR b16 - not a bug originating from SRR.

...This also makes me think that there are probably more inconsistencies with the various Wish spells, but I really don't want to look at them right now, YxuCSdG.png.

Edited by Bartimaeus

1-not sure is it is a bug but remove magic does not work against  a charmed ally. I used to cast this spell to remove the charm effect in the past and now it is not possible anymore.  

2- Maybe you have fixed it already but  protection from evil (level1 or 3meter) seems to not be dispelled correctly in my game. The portrait icon disapear on a successfull dispell but if I cast protection from evil again just after being dispelled, it looks like it is not working. ( because I think the spell is not correctly dispelled except that there is no more portrait icon)

3- Also maybe it is just me but I find  the cause wounds serie  not appealing . I mean with this kind os spells it is ofen hard to make a successfull hit , even with +4 to thac0SCS enemies priest rarely hit me with this spell ( and they also lose spiritual hammer if cast previously I think).I don't know, maybe I am missing something.

Edited by DrAzTiK

1. Please clarify: did the projectile not target your charmed character, or did it simply fail to dispel the Charm? If the projectile targeted the charmed character, then you are likely not understanding how Dispel/Remove Magic works. Read the description of Dispel/Remove Magic for more info on how dispelling magic works - it is not a 100% chance of working on enemy targets, party members or not (at least, I would think that'd be the case). If, on the other hand, the projectile did not attempt to target the charmed creature at all, that would be very weird, since the projectile Remove Magic uses is a vanilla projectile and has not changed.

2. Yeah, looks like the self-protection opcode is not dispellable, thanks.

3. Me neither, particularly. Makes pretty much absolutely no sense to use vs. the 3rd level AoE spells like Glyph of Warding and Holy Smite, for both the AI and the player. The one neat thing about them is that they're not subject to magic resistance, I suppose, but I'll think more about them.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Yeah, sorry, wasn't really supposed to be posted for probably several days. I'm doing a big Magic Resistance test of every offensive spell, and I wanted to give Draztik a chance to reply, and I hate unnecessarily double posting. But yeah, when I thought it was single-use, it sounded like just about the worst 2nd level spell out there...lasting for an entire turn, on the other hand, means it could be borderline overpowered with a swashbuckler- or fighter- multi/dualclass. It still doesn't have great damage, but who cares when it has a -2 saving throw 5 round paralyzing effect? Really curious to play around with it in an actual game.

Edited by Bartimaeus

1. Please clarify: did the projectile not target your charmed character, or did it simply fail to dispel the Charm? If the projectile targeted the charmed character, then you are likely not understanding how Dispel/Remove Magic works. Read the description of Dispel/Remove Magic for more info on how dispelling magic works - it is not a 100% chance of working on enemy targets, party members or not (at least, I would think that'd be the case). If, on the other hand, the projectile did not attempt to target the charmed creature at all, that would be very weird, since the projectile Remove Magic uses is a vanilla projectile and has not changed.

the projectile target my charmed character but donot dispell anything. Tested on 4 or 5 occurences with Nalia who get a high caster level thanks to item revison items.

I am going to make more tests ASAP even if it's not  it's not a big deal.

EDIT : FALSE ALARM ,, sorry. tested again and is is working correctlty. Very strange. Maybe I was not lucky about % chance to dispell before.

Edited by DrAzTiK