SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

Posted Today, 05:22 AM

Simulacrums: Uh, what level are you that your Simulacrum has HLAs? Unless it's a bug, I guess. As for a script, that's unfortunately kind of unfixable. Since the simulacrum is not part of the party, you couldn't disable its script via the Party AI button, which means for people who want to carefully orchestrate their simulacrum, it would basically take away control from them.

I made the test with Edwin (level 23) and I just tested again on a vanilla installation (BG2EE) with a level 23 sorcerer. The clone keep HLAs and sequencers of the caster. (exactly the same ones)

And sorry to insist but I don't see how a basic attack script would prevent people to take full control of the clone, even if it is a pure mage. Usually we do equip our mage with ranged wepons so a basic script would allow the clone to use ranged weapon , keeping the clone at long distance while still be able to control him fully and cast spell with him. A (very) basic attack script would allow fighters or fighters/mage or priests using simulacrum (especially with item revision helm shadow Veil) to defend themself a minimum.

If I am not wrong, vanilla simulacrum do assign a basic attack script to the clone.

Edited by DrAzTiK

I mean, I don't use party AI at all, so I don't want my simulacrum to do anything I don't tell it to. I already sometimes get annoyed with other summonables doing stuff on their own, but your own simulacrum? I don't think we'll agree on this. I am wondering why the simulacrum doesn't come with the same script that your caster already has enabled, though - seems like it should. That would be a compromise, at least. I would almost certainly need help (probably subtledoctor's) to do that, though. As for what vanilla Simulacrum does, I don't think SR or SRR make any changes on that front, seeing as the spell is more or less just an opcode that SR cannot modify. Perhaps BG2EE sets its script via the spell that applies to the Simulacrum upon creation, though.

You don't use party AI at all O_o. ha ha, well everybody play differently.

Yes it would be nice to have simulacrum coming with the same script as the caster. But considering nobody complain about it (why?), it is almost a personnal request lol

Edited by DrAzTiK

Re: Simulacrum - the clone simply gets whatever innate abilities the caster has. Mods that turn HLAs into innates mean the clone will get them, even if the level-drained clone only has <2 million XP.

What could be done (and maybe I'll do this myself) is find a way to identify all HLA innates, make a table or array of ybem at install-time, and patch simulacr.spl with a bunch of 172 eff crs to remove them from the clone. Although, most mods thst turn/add HLAs into innate abilities are generally installed after SR, so install order is a problem.

The most expedient solution is probably to simply disable the clone's innate abilities button. It's just an illusion after all, it shouldn't be able to do everything the caster could do. (On EE you could condition disabling the button on the caster's level being < x.

Re: Resurrection - on EEs at least yoi could use opcode 318 to prevent any effects if the target has > 0 hp.

Yes, the prime case being SCS. At the very least, I have removed the spell sequencers, slayer change, and pocket plane for now.

(e): What's your opinion on magical resting Projected Images, SD? I think you've argued in favor of magical resting for Simulacrums before, and I tend to agree, but I'm less sure about Projected Images. I'm imagining a scenario where a sorcerer takes PI and just keeps casting it over and over to receive like 5x spells per day...

Edited by Bartimaeus

Actually, what I wanted was the name of the script you wanted it to use, rather than the script itself. I mean, I can do it this way, too, but it would just mean I'd have to tell you what the name of the script would be and have you drop and drag it.

Interestingly, the the D0 Questpack General AI Improvements component *already* patches in Simulacrums a script. It seems to be aimed more at AI use (especially liches) to fix some stuff than anything, though. Could probably more or less co-exist with your desired change just by adding a small delay to the AI override opcode. But it does mean I would not want to make this a part of SR to avoid any incompatibilities.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Actually, what I wanted was the name of the script -file(.bcs) you wanted it to use, rather than the script itself, or it's in-game script name.

Fixed that for you. The obvious reason being that we can use the opcode #82, you just need to know what to set the variable(aka script name) to.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Actually, what I wanted was the name of the script you wanted it to use, rather than the script itself. I mean, I can do it this way, too, but it would just mean I'd have to tell you what the name of the script would be and have you drop and drag it.

Ok, so maybe the script AGEN.BCS, in EE it is the basic attack script.

I don't know but Agen.bcs is also different from Dplayer.bcs . Agen.bcs is better ( the character don't attack with a melee weapon with dplayer.bcs unless he is attacked by an enemi)

I guess agen.bcs is only a script for PC party ?

Edited by DrAzTiK