SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

Just now, Bartimaeus said:

@NdranC Thanks! Looks like I'm installing SCS, because that's about all I can do. I'll get back to you in half an hour! Also, one last thing - was this the same install you re-installed SR for because the installer wigged out?

This is the same install, but I can promise you that faldorn has always been like this for the past 2-3 weeks. Even without SRR (still SR though). I've been opening their .cre files and modding them myself manually for a while. Should probably learn how to mod this game so I can just make my own character mods.

1 minute ago, NdranC said:

This is the same install, but I can promise you that faldorn has always been like this for the past 2-3 weeks. Even without SRR (still SR though). I've been opening their .cre files and modding them myself manually for a while. Should probably learn how to mod this game so I can just make my own character mods.

Roger that, thanks. Also good to know that SR is also affected, as that was to be my next test and lets me skip installing SCS again. Get back to you soon.

In this vein of questioning. I'm noticing all companions start with the wrong saving throws. Whats up with that? I chucked to old character files that have different saves because of vanilla. Is one of the reasons I like to manually go into each .cre file and update their stats to what they should be.

Edited by NdranC
2 minutes ago, NdranC said:

In this vein of questioning. I'm noticing all companions start with the wrong saving throws. Whats up with that? I chucked to old character files that have different saves because of vanilla. Is one of the reasons I like to manually go into each .cre file and update their stats to what they should be.

Can you give me one specific example of what a party member's .cre saving throws are vs. what they should be?

@NdranC So I installed all of the components that said faldor.cre was modified by.

~EET/EET.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET core (resource importation): 1.0 RC12
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 18 (Revised V1.2.0)
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v4 Beta 18 (Revised V1.2.0)
~EET_END/EET_END.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET end (last mod in install order) -> Standard installation
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v32.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v32.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v32.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: v32.7

This is my changelog after installing these components:
Mods affecting FALDOR.CRE:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~EET/EET.TP2~ 0 0 // EET core (resource importation)1.0 RC12
00001:  ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 60 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCsv4 Beta 18 (Revised V1.2.0)
00002:  ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6010 // Better calls for helpv32.7

Why is your faldor.cre being affected by Smarter Priests and Better Calls for Help, but mine isn't? She is a party member, so she probably *shouldn't* be affected by those two, but I am not sure why it's different between the two of us. Her spellbook is fine in my game. All I can suggest is a completely clean game reinstall and getting to Smarter Priests and checking again to see if it happens once more. I am using BG1:EE 2.5.17.0 and BG2:EE 2.5.1.16.

If you still have your weidu_external\backup\stratagems folder in your BG2 directory, could you give me copies of all the faldor.cres from them with their component numbers in the name? (i.e. there should be a faldor.cre in at least folder \6010, create a copy and rename it to faldor.6010.cre) That way, I can figure out exactly when the corruption happened with what component for you at least. It'll also show if the corruption was before SCS as well.

Edited by Bartimaeus
29 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Can you give me one specific example of what a party member's .cre saving throws are vs. what they should be?

Hmm I hadn't checked this in a while but it seems this is no longer the case. Before, Imoen had Death and Poly saves around 17 instead of 14/13 like it is now. Just check and she has perfect saves for a thief of her level..... Weird. I swear every install sometimes does something so weird.

For example, every time I reinstall the fight against that mage that is hunting neera in beregost is different. BUT, this one time is was not just different, he was casting fireball, lightning, and flame arrow. I don't remember him getting access to 3rd level spells. He usually does soundburst (or w/e is called), melf's acid arrow. He seemed a couple levels too high.

I think I mentioned it earlier, but SCS is weird and random with a lot of mages. IIRC, it pays special attention to very particular mages like Tolgerias or the guy in the Sphere, but a lot of mages are just randomized every time you install, which means encounters can be pretty different from install to install.

6040's is fine (which means that it was not corrupted up to this point, but could've been corrupted by 6040 itself). Give me 6100's as well.

Edited by Bartimaeus
4 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I think I mentioned it earlier, but SCS is weird and random with a lot of mages. IIRC, it pays special attention to very particular mages like Tolgerias or the guy in the Sphere, but a lot of mages are just randomized every time you install, which means encounters can be pretty different from install to install.

6040's is fine (which means that it was not corrupted up to this point, but could've been corrupted by 6040 itself). Give me 6100's as well.

I search the entire folder structure and found all of them (and renamed them this time).

FALDOR5.6100.CRE FALDOR.6010.CRE FALDOR5.6010.CRE FALDOR.6000.CRE FALDOR5.6000.CRE

@NdranC

Remember that this is a backup folder, which means that these files are what they looked like *before* the subcomponent # was installed. Faldor5.6100 is messed up, meaning it was corrupted before component 6100 was installed, and ergo, not the culprit. Faldor5.6010 is not messed up, ergo it was fine before component 6010 was installed, meaning 6010 is what corrupted the file. Component 6010 is "Better calls for help". I do not know why this component is targeting faldor5 to begin with. Scratch that, I *might've* figured it out.

Alright, I think the last thing I need is faldor5.cre from the spell_rev backup folder...AND from your BG1:EE override folder, please!

Edited by Bartimaeus
3 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

@NdranC

Remember that this is a backup folder, which means that these files are what they looked like *before* the subcomponent # was installed. Faldor5.6100 is messed up, meaning it was corrupted before component 6100 was installed, and ergo, not the culprit. Faldor5.6010 is not messed up, ergo it was fine before component 6010 was installed, meaning 6010 is what corrupted the file. Component 6010 is "Better calls for help". I do not know why this component is targeting faldor5 to begin with. Scratch that, I *might've* figured it out.

Alright, I think the last thing I need is faldor5.cre from the spell_rev backup folder...AND from your BG1:EE override folder, please!

spell_rev ones

FALDOR5.CRE FALDOR.CRE

Okay, so...this is weird. The only difference I noticed between our two faldor5s post-SCS (except for the spellbook) is that the scripts were wrong, which may be causing SCS to target Faldorn when it's not supposed to. faldor should be WTASIGHT for general script and DPLAYER for default script, same as every other BG1 NPC. However, yours is not - it is dplayer for general script (should be default script) and dw1melge (an SCS script) for default script. Component 6000, Smarter General AI, is setting it to that. So it's a tag-team of those two components accidentally targeting Faldorn here. Why...I still don't know, because it was correctly WTASIGHT and DPLAYER pre-installing component 6000, and I can't see anything else different.

Did you download SCS from the official release (i.e https://github.com/Gibberlings3/SwordCoastStratagems/releases) or via the "clone/download" button on the general SCS page? I'm pretty much out of ideas here, haha.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Hmm maybe it's EET? maybe they are copying faldorn and setting the wrong scripts to her? I have the default "SwordCoastStratagems-32.7.zip", EET Install Tool handles that.

If I fix faldorn manually, do you know of any downsides to either keeping the bad scripts the same and updating the spells manually or changing the scripts and also updating the spells manually?