SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Having to repeat the work if you reinstall and the issue persists is a big one, :p. The SR version of faldor5 that I had you upload is post EET-installation, and her scripts were fine there, so I don't think that's it. I'm really not sure why it worked fine for me but not for you.

I just reinstalled from scratch and when I try to open faldorn with EE Keeper I get this error "Some spells assigned to this character were not found in the database. If you save this character those spells will not be saved." Cannot Find: SPPR120"

And checking her spells she has "Bless, Goodberry, Animal Summoning II, Charm Person or Animal and Flame Blade" lol

I also noticed she doesn't have a Class Script and her Race Script is set to none. Weird. Probably one of the other mods I'm installing but I don't know which one it would be.

Anyway It's unlikely I would every play with her, and even if I did I would just manually fix her I guess. Thanks for your help!

10 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I hate not knowing if it's SR's fault or not...you did say it happened with non-revised SR as well, right? I was looking at your wording when I thought you said that, and I realized it wasn't totally clear now.

Yes, it happened with SR and SRR.

I have a question, I noticed that in this current version of my modded EET, for some reason my Find Familiar for Chaotic Good (Fairy Dragon) is unable to cast Invisibility 10'. Now I know that in the normal game he doesn't gain this ability until Baldur's Gate 2, but I could swear I played EET a month ago and he had this skill in Baldur's Gate 1. Maybe I changed a setting somewhere but I was wondering if this is something handled by SR and what is the intended behavior.

The problem with BGT/EET games is that they remove the BG1 version of familiars, so when you use the spell in BG1, you end up with the SoA version. If I could fix this, I would. So if I'm remembering correctly, what ended up happening is that I had to reduce their spellcasting powers a little because Imp had SR's Polymorph Self which was utterly ludicrous to start BG1 with, and some other revisions ended up following, including Fairy Dragon getting simply Invisibility instead of Invisibility Sphere. Next time I play, I plan on trying out @Salk's familiar mod and seeing if I should formally recommend it to others or not, because the whole familiar system is just kind of broken as it is.

Edited by Bartimaeus
13 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

The problem with BGT/EET games is that they remove the BG1 version of familiars, so when you use the spell in BG1, you end up with the SoA version. If I could fix this, I would. So if I'm remembering correctly, what ended up happening is that I had to reduce their spellcasting powers a little because Imp had SR's Polymorph Self which was utterly ludicrous to start BG1 with, and some other revisions ended up following, including Fairy Dragon getting simply Invisibility instead of Invisibility Sphere. Next time I play, I plan on trying out @Salk's familiar mod and seeing if I should formally recommend it to others or not, because the whole familiar system is just kind of broken as it is.

He doesn't come with Invisiblity, he just comes with mirror image. I find Familiars in an awkward place because they are just not good for fighting so you want them for the health and some utility. As it stands Fairy Dragon is not useful to me that way (that I can tell). If he could at the very least give something useful to the party. Maybe an aura for the risk of being out. Maybe even detect invis if it has to be a spell that is already in the game.

I didn't know about Salk's mod. I might have to look it up to see if it makes familiars interesting to use besides HP boosts.

BG1 Fairy Dragon had 12 HP, 6 AC, 1D2 damage with 1x Mirror Image. I'm sure everyone was using that...for absolutely nothing besides the 6 HP bonus. Familiars have always been a joke in Baldur's Gate, unfortunately - the engine wasn't well-suited for handling a non-party member needing to get more powerful over time, and the devs didn't feel like working around it, so this is what we got. Pseudo-Dragon unfortunately already has Detect Invisibility - Fairy Dragon should have 1x Invisibility if it's the SoA version, I'm not sure why it wouldn't, as it seems to in my files...

8 hours ago, NdranC said:

I didn't know about Salk's mod. I might have to look it up to see if it makes familiars interesting to use besides HP boosts.

The topic about WTP Familiars is here.

There is an EE compatible version released in the past by @flamewing but I don't recommend it because it has not been updated and the only version one should play is the latest (2.5) which is only compatibly with ToB/BGT.

If you do play with my modification, feedback is always welcome.

Ok I think I found a couple bugs.

Spell Thrust: It claims to remove Spell Deflection in the description but I tried it vs Mutanin and it didn't work. Then I tried it on myself after applying spell deflection with the necklace from Dorn's quest and it didn't work either.

Protection from Petrification: It doesn't work? I think. I was duoing Basilisks with Imoen (to catch her up in levels after dualing her to mage) she had Protection from Petrification casted on herself, I had Potion of Mirroed eyes. I was not paying attention if the basilisks were attacking us or Korrax when all of the sudden she went "Held". I assume this is a change from either SCS or SR that changes how Petrified works. Anyway I though maybe the buff ran out and I didn't notice but she still had the buff on. I had to use a scroll of Stone to Flesh to cure her and tried to stay far away from the rest of the Basilisks.

Scrolls of Monster Summoning: This is probably an IR related issue but I'll post it here because I'm lazy =P. I was teaching imoen a bunch of scrolls and I noticed that scrolls of Monster Summoning of at least a couple levels didn't work at all. The scroll was used but no sound happened indicating a spell learnt and there was no spell in her spellbook afterwards either.

Lastly, this is more of a question, are there scrolls for Blind (I enabled it in the config) and the level 1 dimension door jump spell (forgot the name)? I'm trying to remember if I've seen any but I wasn't paying close attention. Just wondering.

Confirmed Protection from Petrification bug - it's not a bug with the spell per se, but rather the fact that SR changes all petrification to a different effect that merely simulates petrification, and it's not updating Protection from Petrification for some reason. Very strange, since the spell seems to match the conditions for being updated (especially seeing as I more or less just took the spell straight from BG2:EE), and yet isn't. I will force it to for the time being. (e): No longer necessary, will now update correctly.

Spell Thrust not working would be a pretty big bug. Fortunately, it seems to work fine: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/curhm0s2aub3bev/2020-01-26_07-36-54.mp4 As an aside, it cannot be targeted on friendly characters, as I demonstrate in the video - the projectile targets only enemies, as it is an AoE spell.

Scrolls of Monster Summoning: Gah, I knew I forgot to check something - from the latest update I did, the way new spells like some of the Monster Summonings are added is handled differently, and some scrolls are not being patched correctly. Will fix.

@Scrolls: They should be. Blindness is just...Blindness: scrl71.itm should already be around in I would think both BG1 and BG2. Dimension Jump uses Dimension Door's scroll (scrl1v), which is BG1-only, though IR adds scrolls for it in stores if it detects SR being installed.

(e): Blindness is sold by Sorcerous Sundries and "Quartermaster", whoever that is. Dimension Jump only by Sorcerous Sundries. That's admittedly not a lot - I'd like to see at least one copy of Blindness on a creature, and Dimension Jump somewhere would be nice as well, but in general, I'm not really deadset on adding rare scrolls to BG1 when the developers probably deliberately had them be rare.

Edited by Bartimaeus

MS1 / scrl72 (e): fixed now
Resist Elements / scrl86 (unknown if broken) (e): now confirmed not broken
MS2 / scrl1l (unknown if broken) (e): now confirmed not broken
MS9 / dvscrl06 (e): fixed now

MS1 and MS9 are confirmed broken, Resist Elements and MS2 I cannot tell because they installed into their original slots and therefore didn't have to update. From what I could tell, every other spell scroll patched correctly. (e): They're fine. If you feel there is another scroll that is broken, you'll have to investigate more, since it seems like everything else works as intended.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Spell Thrust not working would be a pretty big bug. Fortunately, it seems to work fine: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/curhm0s2aub3bev/2020-01-26_07-36-54.mp4 As an aside, it cannot be targeted on friendly characters, as I demonstrate in the video - the projectile targets only enemies, as it is an AoE spell

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18_NirtPxOWabjrp5glAmaKo2yadR0_pN

Forgot to record mouse pointer. I didn't notice it was AoE (used to the vanilla functionality). Any idea of what's going on my end?

Confirmed Protection from Petrification bug - it's not a bug with the spell per se, but rather the fact that SR changes all petrification to a different effect that merely simulates petrification, and it's not updating Protection from Petrification for some reason. Very strange, since the spell seems to match the conditions for being updated (especially seeing as I more or less just took the spell straight from BG2:EE), and yet isn't. I will force it to for the time being. (e): No longer necessary, will now update correctly.

Scrolls of Monster Summoning: Gah, I knew I forgot to check something - from the latest update I did, the way new spells like some of the Monster Summonings are added is handled differently, and some scrolls are not being patched correctly. Will fix.

Is there any way I can fix this on my end without having to remake the client? It would suck if I have to restart every time I find a bug 😛