Bartimaeus

SR Revised V1.2.3 (2020 February 8th)

3 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

@NdranC

Remember that this is a backup folder, which means that these files are what they looked like *before* the subcomponent # was installed. Faldor5.6100 is messed up, meaning it was corrupted before component 6100 was installed, and ergo, not the culprit. Faldor5.6010 is not messed up, ergo it was fine before component 6010 was installed, meaning 6010 is what corrupted the file. Component 6010 is "Better calls for help". I do not know why this component is targeting faldor5 to begin with. Scratch that, I *might've* figured it out.

Alright, I think the last thing I need is faldor5.cre from the spell_rev backup folder...AND from your BG1:EE override folder, please!

spell_rev ones

FALDOR5.CRE FALDOR.CRE

Okay, so...this is weird. The only difference I noticed between our two faldor5s post-SCS (except for the spellbook) is that the scripts were wrong, which may be causing SCS to target Faldorn when it's not supposed to. faldor should be WTASIGHT for general script and DPLAYER for default script, same as every other BG1 NPC. However, yours is not - it is dplayer for general script (should be default script) and dw1melge (an SCS script) for default script. Component 6000, Smarter General AI, is setting it to that. So it's a tag-team of those two components accidentally targeting Faldorn here. Why...I still don't know, because it was correctly WTASIGHT and DPLAYER pre-installing component 6000, and I can't see anything else different.

Did you download SCS from the official release (i.e https://github.com/Gibberlings3/SwordCoastStratagems/releases) or via the "clone/download" button on the general SCS page? I'm pretty much out of ideas here, haha.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Hmm maybe it's EET? maybe they are copying faldorn and setting the wrong scripts to her? I have the default "SwordCoastStratagems-32.7.zip", EET Install Tool handles that.

If I fix faldorn manually, do you know of any downsides to either keeping the bad scripts the same and updating the spells manually or changing the scripts and also updating the spells manually?

Having to repeat the work if you reinstall and the issue persists is a big one, :p. The SR version of faldor5 that I had you upload is post EET-installation, and her scripts were fine there, so I don't think that's it. I'm really not sure why it worked fine for me but not for you.

3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Having to repeat the work if you reinstall and the issue persists is a big one, :p. The SR version of faldor5 that I had you upload is post EET-installation, and her scripts were fine there, so I don't think that's it. I'm really not sure why it worked fine for me but not for you.

I just reinstalled from scratch and when I try to open faldorn with EE Keeper I get this error "Some spells assigned to this character were not found in the database. If you save this character those spells will not be saved." Cannot Find: SPPR120"

And checking her spells she has "Bless, Goodberry, Animal Summoning II, Charm Person or Animal and Flame Blade" lol

I also noticed she doesn't have a Class Script and her Race Script is set to none. Weird. Probably one of the other mods I'm installing but I don't know which one it would be.

Anyway It's unlikely I would every play with her, and even if I did I would just manually fix her I guess. Thanks for your help!

I hate not knowing if it's SR's fault or not...you did say it happened with non-revised SR as well, right? I was looking at your wording when I thought you said that, and I realized it wasn't totally clear now.

10 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I hate not knowing if it's SR's fault or not...you did say it happened with non-revised SR as well, right? I was looking at your wording when I thought you said that, and I realized it wasn't totally clear now.

Yes, it happened with SR and SRR.

Bartimaeus,

should we still use version B16 to install SRR 1.2.0?

Thanks!

@Salk

I'm not a hundred percent sure if it matters (I don't *think* it should), but V1.2.0 is built on beta 18 and you should use that.

(e): Updated original post to reflect that, :).

Edited by Bartimaeus

I have a question, I noticed that in this current version of my modded EET, for some reason my Find Familiar for Chaotic Good (Fairy Dragon) is unable to cast Invisibility 10'. Now I know that in the normal game he doesn't gain this ability until Baldur's Gate 2, but I could swear I played EET a month ago and he had this skill in Baldur's Gate 1. Maybe I changed a setting somewhere but I was wondering if this is something handled by SR and what is the intended behavior.

The problem with BGT/EET games is that they remove the BG1 version of familiars, so when you use the spell in BG1, you end up with the SoA version. If I could fix this, I would. So if I'm remembering correctly, what ended up happening is that I had to reduce their spellcasting powers a little because Imp had SR's Polymorph Self which was utterly ludicrous to start BG1 with, and some other revisions ended up following, including Fairy Dragon getting simply Invisibility instead of Invisibility Sphere. Next time I play, I plan on trying out @Salk's familiar mod and seeing if I should formally recommend it to others or not, because the whole familiar system is just kind of broken as it is.

Edited by Bartimaeus

13 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

The problem with BGT/EET games is that they remove the BG1 version of familiars, so when you use the spell in BG1, you end up with the SoA version. If I could fix this, I would. So if I'm remembering correctly, what ended up happening is that I had to reduce their spellcasting powers a little because Imp had SR's Polymorph Self which was utterly ludicrous to start BG1 with, and some other revisions ended up following, including Fairy Dragon getting simply Invisibility instead of Invisibility Sphere. Next time I play, I plan on trying out @Salk's familiar mod and seeing if I should formally recommend it to others or not, because the whole familiar system is just kind of broken as it is.

He doesn't come with Invisiblity, he just comes with mirror image. I find Familiars in an awkward place because they are just not good for fighting so you want them for the health and some utility. As it stands Fairy Dragon is not useful to me that way (that I can tell). If he could at the very least give something useful to the party. Maybe an aura for the risk of being out. Maybe even detect invis if it has to be a spell that is already in the game.

I didn't know about Salk's mod. I might have to look it up to see if it makes familiars interesting to use besides HP boosts.

BG1 Fairy Dragon had 12 HP, 6 AC, 1D2 damage with 1x Mirror Image. I'm sure everyone was using that...for absolutely nothing besides the 6 HP bonus. Familiars have always been a joke in Baldur's Gate, unfortunately - the engine wasn't well-suited for handling a non-party member needing to get more powerful over time, and the devs didn't feel like working around it, so this is what we got. Pseudo-Dragon unfortunately already has Detect Invisibility - Fairy Dragon should have 1x Invisibility if it's the SoA version, I'm not sure why it wouldn't, as it seems to in my files...

6 hours ago, NdranC said:

I didn't know about Salk's mod. I might have to look it up to see if it makes familiars interesting to use besides HP boosts.

I recently added some familiar mods to Tome & Blood, might want to check that out too.

/advertising

8 hours ago, NdranC said:

The topic about WTP Familiars is here.

There is an EE compatible version released in the past by @flamewing but I don't recommend it because it has not been updated and the only version one should play is the latest (2.5) which is only compatibly with ToB/BGT.

If you do play with my modification, feedback is always welcome.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.