SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

2 hours ago, Hoverdawg said:

Well, I haven't played BG2EE yet, so I can't tell.

Also, Sound Burst doesn't seem to work at all. The animation plays, but without any tangible effects (no damage, nothing shown in logs).

Sorry, I meant more...are you on the BG1:EE engine? As in, not a BG2:EE/BGT:EE game. Based on your mod install, that's my presumption. Basically, SR was made for the BG2 engine, and so strings (text messages like "Spell ineffective", or names of creatures like your familiar) are assumed to match values from BG2, while BG1 often times has different values for those strings, leading to mismatches.

Specifically in regards to your cat, do you mean the creature or the item? From what I can see, I set the text fields for every familiar creature to make sure they were set properly, but I didn't enforce it for the items, so my presumption is that's the problem. I'll have to look into the ogre one.

Sound Burst: Can't confirm. Used the same exact SRR components as you did and cast it on a hostile kobold, instant death for them. The spell specifies only enemies - are you using it on neutrals/friendlies?

2 hours ago, Hoverdawg said:

Also, Sound Burst doesn't seem to work at all. The animation plays, but without any tangible effects (no damage, nothing shown in logs).

And what did you cast the spell on ? Aka, was it a legitimate enemy, and not a spell casting/undead one that could have been immune to the effect ?

And did you start a new game after installing the mod, so the dialog strings are properly in place in the savegame.

Just now, Bartimaeus said:

Sorry, I meant more...are you on the BG1:EE engine? As in, not a BG2:EE/BGT:EE game. Based on your mod install, that's my presumption. Basically, SR was made for the BG2 engine, and so strings (text messages like "Spell ineffective", or names of creatures like your familiar) are assumed to match values from BG2, while BG1 often times has different values for those strings, leading to mismatches.

Specifically in regards to your cat, do you mean the creature or the item? From what I can see, I set the text fields for every familiar creature to make sure they were set properly, but I didn't enforce it for the items, so my presumption is that's the problem. I'll have to look into the ogre one.

Sound Burst: Can't confirm. Used the same exact SRR components as you did and cast it on a hostile kobold, instant death for them. The spell specifies only enemies - are you using it on neutrals/friendlies?

Yeah, BG1:EE. Fresh install.

The inventory item. As for the Sleep spell, it's not an ogre text, I must've misremembered, but still, not the proper one.

image.png.6e158736ca0c5aa420b3648a5c01b511.png

image.thumb.png.514992f94eddbfaa60b5a1795dd72105.png

Sound Burst: used it on xvarts and kobolds, so yeah, enemies. Weird.

Area of Effect: 1 creature

That's really weird. Could swear I fixed that eons ago. At least the actual spell description makes it clear that it's multiple targets. Thanks. Fixed on the latest repo along with familiars' inventory items' now being correctly set to "Familiar", plus Fighter HLA's should get the correct names and descriptions again.

(e): @Hoverdawg

"Another one that's broken is Giant Spider's webbing ability."

Giant Spider's webbing ability? Giant Spiders don't have webbing, could you explain more?

Edited by Bartimaeus
19 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

That's really weird. Could swear I fixed that eons ago. At least the actual spell description makes it clear that it's multiple targets. Thanks. Fixed on the latest repo along with familiars' inventory items' now being correctly set to "Familiar", plus Fighter HLA's should get the correct names and descriptions again.

Giant Spider's webbing ability? Giant Spiders don't have webbing, could you explain more?

Maybe he is referring to a bug with Giant Spider was no longer immune to Web spell (though he should be) but i thought this bug was fixed long time ago.

2 hours ago, pochesun said:

Maybe he is referring to a bug with Giant Spider was no longer immune to Web spell (though he should be) but i thought this bug was fixed long time ago.

They are equipped with an amulet called "ANTIWEB" that comes with the vanilla games. In BG2:ToB, it protects against web effects. In BG2:EE, it inexplicably has been changed not to. I guess I'll have to make my own and give it to them.

47 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

They are equipped with an amulet called "ANTIWEB" that comes with the vanilla games. In BG2:ToB, it protects against web effects. In BG2:EE, it inexplicably has been changed not to. I guess I'll have to make my own and give it to them.

Wait, are not they immune to web in BG EE? I thought almost all spiders in both BG EE and BG2 EE have intrinsic immunity to Web. I just heard somewhere ther was a bug related to that issue but it was fixed in some patch.

Edited by pochesun
3 hours ago, pochesun said:

Wait, are not they immune to web in BG EE? I thought almost all spiders in both BG EE and BG2 EE have intrinsic immunity to Web. I just heard somewhere ther was a bug related to that issue but it was fixed in some patch.

I looked more into it. Basically, the ANTIWEB item that all spiders seem to have grant an immunity to projectile 319 (or 320, depending on how it's enumerated), which is called "webtrav", which I initially did not believe to include your bogstandard web projectile (63/64). Then I realized that wait, web would use a secondary projectile that actually strikes creatures, and what do you know, it's project 319 in BG:EE. So okay, what is probably happening is that @Hoverdawg is NOT on an EE game, and...is seeing spiders not get held, but maybe get slowed by a secondary effect that the ANTIWEB item doesn't protect against?

9 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I looked more into it. Basically, the ANTIWEB item that all spiders seem to have grant an immunity to projectile 319 (or 320, depending on how it's enumerated), which is called "webtrav", which I initially did not believe to include your bogstandard web projectile (63/64). Then I realized that wait, web would use a secondary projectile that actually strikes creatures, and what do you know, it's project 319 in BG:EE. So okay, what is probably happening is that @Hoverdawg is NOT on an EE game, and...is seeing spiders not get held, but maybe get slowed by a secondary effect that the ANTIWEB item doesn't protect against?

Ok, that makes a lot of sense. But from earlier posts from him he stated that he was on EE engine. Dunno.

Edited by pochesun
On 4/9/2020 at 3:44 AM, Bartimaeus said:

I think it might be added by SCS or something. And by broken I mean the text displays some random dialogue. Sorry for being obtuse.

7 hours ago, Hoverdawg said:

I think it might be added by SCS or something. And by broken I mean the text displays some random dialogue. Sorry for being obtuse.

That was how I initially interpreted what you meant actually, but Giant Spiders in SR (...Monster Summoning IV, I want to say?) don't have a webbing ability, so that didn't make sense. Sadly, as you can see, the "wrong text" problem affects more than just SR for BG1:EE, :(.

Ok, weird thing just happened. I was trying to install Spell Revision and it failed to install the first component (screenshot attached) and i even could not move forward, either repeat attempt (with failure again) or quit installation. I had Baldur's Gate EE installed and Item Revised installed prior to SR installation, nothing else. My regular installation order is BG: EE>IR>SR>Stratagems and i managed to sucessfully install those components numerous times before. Ok now why it is weird (besides obvious reasons). Probably 5 or 6 days ago i successfully installed all components (with IR and SR latest patch files, "master" ones) and even started a new game but next day had to uninstall BG EE completely (dont ask why, i had my reasons :) ). Today i noticed that both IR and SR patches have been updated 2 or 3 days ago (the "master' ones) and i decided to download them and make installation with the updated ones. After clean fresh BG EE install i successfuly installed IR component but as i stated above SR failed me. Just to underline it: I had successful installation of all components with "master" patches that were available about 5 or 6 days ago. I am not the guy who can tell what went wrong :) but i assume something changed with master patches (either IR one conflicting with the rest or what is more likely SR one). Screnshot of installation attached and also just in case my WeiDU log of IR sucessfully installed.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.2.12)
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Store Revisions: V4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.2.12)
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Revised Armor -> With Movement Speed Penalties: V4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.2.12)
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Shield Bonuses: V4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.2.12)
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #17 // Weapon Changes: V4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.2.12)
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Enchantment Doesn't Affect Speed Factor of Weapons: V4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.2.12)
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #11 // Dual Wielding Changes for Light and Heavy Weapons: V4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.2.12)
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #18 // Revised Backstabbing -> Thief-only Weapons: V4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.2.12)
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1200 // Revised Critical Hit Aversion: V4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.2.12)
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #12 // Items of Protection Can Be Worn with Magical Armor: V4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.2.12)
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #16 // PnP Equipment for Druids -> Druids and Fighter/Druids: V4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.2.12)

error.png