SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

Yeah, it sucks and I don't want cheating to be necessary even for rare occurrences, which is why I want to fix it. As for the delay, I think it's actually 30 seconds in standard SR, and I've upped it to 60 seconds, but I could set it to 1 hour (5 turns), too - I didn't want the delay to be annoyingly long, I guess. One other thing I thought about is whether an explanation of how it works differently for party members should actually be provided in the spell description under a "NOTE:"? It'd require "out-of-universe" text, which I hate, but I think it's important to properly explain the difference in behavior for anybody not going through every page of thread discussion like this.

Edited by Bartimaeus
On 1/21/2019 at 4:26 PM, Bartimaeus said:

V1.1.0 changelist:

1. Additionally, if you really hate how Imprisonment has no real apparent way to protect against it (a number of people have complained about it over the past months), there is now a settings.ini switch that introduces a -6 vs. spell saving throw to it - defaulted to off.

How would one go about modifying that in the settings.ini?

Also i got a side question, maybe this was addressed somewhere else, but can you look at rengeration spells of druids? It seems they aren't healing as per what their text says, for instance it seems regenerate critical wounds says 4 hp per round, but instead it's 2. For serious wounds, its 1.

1. Modifying it in what way? The settings.ini is in the spell_rev folder in your game directory folder - just open it up with a text editor.

2. Are you talking about SR's Regenerate Wounds, or SRR's Regenerate Wounds? My Regenerate Wounds are somewhat different from SR's, and while heal for a little less overall (I think), heal a bit faster in return.

(e): For the record, this is SR's Regenerate Critical Wounds:

"Duration: 1 turn + 2 rounds/level

This spell enables the caster to imbue a creature with the ability to regenerate. The creature affected will regain 4 hit points per round (up to a maximum of 120 hit points within 3 turns at level 10). The effect lasts for the duration of the spell or until dispelled. Multiple castings of this spell are not cumulative.~"

vs. SRR's:

"Duration: 5 rounds

This spell enables the caster to mend the wounds and injuries of the target by granting them temporary regeneration. The affected creature will regenerate 60 + 6/two levels hit points over the duration of the spell, up to a maximum of 120 at 20th level.~"

I despised these spells for in-combat healing in vanilla SR, and while the scaling takes a little longer (takes up to level 20 to get all 120 hit points instead of level 10), having it always be within a duration of 5 rounds means these spells can actually be effective in combat.

Edited by Bartimaeus
8 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

1. Modifying it in what way?

2. Are you talking about SR's Regenerate Wounds, or SRR's Regenerate Wounds? My Regenerate Wounds are somewhat different from SR's, and while heal for a little less overall (I think), heal a bit faster in return.

So that imprison would have a save that procs first before the imprisonment.

Also, i think it's SR. Here is my weidu log for SPPR419.SPL

SPPR419.SPL-WeiDU-FileChangelog-2019-Jan-24.txt

1 minute ago, TheLoneTremere said:

So that imprison would have a save that procs first before the imprisonment.

Also, i think it's SR. Here is my weidu log for SPPR419.SPL

SPPR419.SPL-WeiDU-FileChangelog-2019-Jan-24.txt

I edited my post for both points before you replied (but presumably after you saw the initial post). Hopefully that answers your question better. However, V1.0.10 has not released yet - so if that's important to you, give me a few days before I release it before rebuilding your game.

Edited by Bartimaeus
15 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I edited my post for both points before you replied (but presumably after you saw the initial post). Hopefully that answers your question better. However, V1.0.10 has not released yet - so if that's important to you, give me a few days before I release it before rebuilding your game.

Gottcha, this may have been discussed before, but do you think it is possible to slightly buff the nymph's spells?

37 minutes ago, TheLoneTremere said:

Gottcha, this may have been discussed before, but do you think it is possible to slightly buff the nymph's spells?

From Call Woodland Beings? Uh, maybe. Anything you had in mind? Summonables are probably my weakest point in terms of revising/balancing them, honestly, as I hardly ever use them (it's just not really my style), so it's hard for me to project exactly how strong something might be...so feedback on them is always welcome.

Edited by Bartimaeus
2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

From Call Woodland Beings? Uh, maybe. Anything you had in mind? Summonables are probably my weakest point in terms of revising/balancing them, honestly, as I hardly ever use them (it's just not really my style), so it's hard for me to project exactly how strong something might be...so feedback on them is always welcome.

Sure, it seems by the time you get them you already are fighting decently strong enemies, perhaps maybe give this a regenerate spell or two and maybe delorious decay or so.

P.s i dont see any editing that can be edited in the settings configure file in SR.

1- Sometimes, when I try to hit a mage protected by a spell deflection spell with a weapons with secondary effect (like bala axe from item revision) , I have the following string in the text box (  you can look the picture). I think someone have noticed this bug with SCS so not sure if this problem come from SCS or SRR.

2- spiritual hammer (level2)does not provide a hammer animation. Shillelag 'level1 druid) no provide club animation, flame blade (level3 druid) no provide flaming sword animation

3-  Is obscuring mist (level1) supposed to be avaible only for mage and druids ? because Viconia do not have it. 

4 - I don't understand how free action and chaotics commands aure supposed to working now. According to description, they both protect from hold effect ? 

5- same about break enchantement. It looks like it makes the job of  remove paralysis because break enchantment also "cure" hold effect according to the description. 

Also I don't understand why but In my current game, sometimes I have some party members paralysed (according to icon protraits) and remove paralysis is not working to cure them while break enchantement do work . 

bug.jpg

Edited by DrAzTiK
12 hours ago, TheLoneTremere said:

Sure, it seems by the time you get them you already are fighting decently strong enemies, perhaps maybe give this a regenerate spell or two and maybe delorious decay or so.

P.s i dont see any editing that can be edited in the settings configure file in SR.

1. That reminds me - since they're druids, they shouldn't even have Cure Wounds spells, but Regenerate Wounds spells. I'll think more about it.

2. Standard SR's settings.ini doesn't have anything besides like a ToBEx setting, if I recall correctly...but mine has the following settings:

// Main Component               
install_tobex                   = 1 // installs ToBEx; automatically skipped if it's an EE game or if ToBEx is already installed and up to date
revised_saves                   = 1 // installs Demi's revised saves tables for all classes (they're simplified and arguably a little more balanced)
celestials                      = 1 // set to 0 if you prefer alternative celestials without SR mucking things up
fiends                          = 1 // set to 0 if you prefer alternative fiends (e.g. atweaks') without SR mucking things up
ai_spell_immunity               = 1 // set to 0 to make the AI never use the old AI-only Spell Immunity spells (and have them replaced with spells of similar function and/or power)
dispel_globes                   = 1 // set to 0 to make globes of invulnerability not be dispelled by Dispel/Remove Magic
enchanted_weapon                = 1 // set to 0 if you prefer EE's implementation of Enchanted Weapon (no new item, just set's current weapons to +3 enchantment level - EE only)
saving_throw_imprisonment       = 0 // set to 1 for Imprisonment to have a -6 saving throw instead of no save
blindness                       = 0 // set to 1 to restore the original mage spell Blindness (replaces Obscuring Mist for mages - druids still have it)

@DrAzTiK

1. I think I remember you mentioning this in the SCS thread - no idea what that's about, can't say I've seen it before (but also, I haven't tested the latest SCS basically at all yet), and I don't know if it applies to just SRR or SR as well.

2. That's really bizarre. Will have to take a look, but I don't think I've done anything to change that, possibly an EE issue? I'll find out, I guess. (e): Confirmed and fixed, was due to what should've been a harmless change, but the little things can get you sometimes.

3. Correct - clerics do not receive this spell.

4. Yes. Chaotic Commands protects against it because the Hold effect is I guess considered to be a mental effect (I'm not sure that I necessarily agree) in addition to being a movement-restricting effect, so they both protect against it.

5. That's correct. Where's the confusion from? Free Action and Chaotic Commands can protect one individual against hold/paralyzation (and Free Action will also protect against most other types of movement inhibitors, while Chaotic Commands will protect against most other types of mental commands), but not cure it, while that spell actually cures it for the entire party.

6. From what I can tell, everything in the spell looks right. I guess I'd need specific circumstances to test here to confirm the problem.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Hello Bartimaeus!

Sorry for a late intervention but I haven't been checking on this forum the last days. About imprisonment: I quite despised having the game apply different mechanics to party members and NPCs for the same spell but I realize there is not much that can be done to overcome the engine limitations, like you said. So I think this is the least of the many evils.

Thanks for your precious job, my friend!

@DrAzTiK No idea, as I haven't ever used Kit Revisions, but it stands to reason that it probably is. Note that this is not an addition by SRR - the revised saving throw tables were always installed in SR games: I've just allowed the choice of disabling it via the settings.ini. Indeed, all the settings that I've added to settings.ini are the defaults used by non-Revised SR, to make sure that if somebody's installing SRR without looking through it, their options will effectively be the same as if they had installed SR.

17 hours ago, Salk said:

Hello Bartimaeus!

Sorry for a late intervention but I haven't been checking on this forum the last days. About imprisonment: I quite despised having the game apply different mechanics to party members and NPCs for the same spell but I realize there is not much that can be done to overcome the engine limitations, like you said. So I think this is the least of the many evils.

Thanks for your precious job, my friend!

No problem, and yeah, I don't like it either, but it's the only way I can think of to make Imprisonment and petrification actually work like they're supposed to when you use them. At the very least, if a spell is going to have an unfair advantage, I'd prefer it to be for the player strictly because of engine limitations than for other reasons or for the AI, but still.

V1.1.0 released:

1. There is an additional settings.ini switch to make Imprisonment have a -6 vs. spell saving throw - defaulted to off. Soul Trap (used by Kangaxx) already had a -4 saving throw, and it has stayed like that (since they're technically not the same spell, and Soul Trap is cast more often and also drains 4 levels each time it's cast).
  2. Imprisonment will permanently Maze and subsequently slay party members after five turns if Freedom is not cast before that, but will properly and permanently Imprison everyone else it's cast upon. If you want items to drop from Imprisoned creatures, P5 Tweaks has a "Drop Items on Imprisonment" subcomponent. Should also affect Soul Trap (which was already being modified by SR), although I'm unsure exactly how SCS affects this spell, which I will eventually have to check out.
  3. Nymph's weapon should now have a generic icon (instead of nothing).
  4. Hamadryad's and Nymph's spells have the Cure Wound spells replaced in favor of Regenerate Wounds. Currently shelved, they'll retain their Cure spells. Their scripts cast spells by IDS entries (of which Regenerate wounds spells don't have any), and while I'm pretty certain I could figure out how to cast by resource name instead if I really wanted to by just poking around some other scripts, I think I'm just going to wait until SR gets its IDS entry update (assuming that it's still going to happen...eventually).
  5. Banishment already had a graphic effect being called (the same one used for other planar shifts such as in Imprisonment and ToB'S Pocket Plane ability), but because affected creatures were being immediately slain, could not play. So now creatures banished will disappear with a short delay so that the graphic effect can play.
  6. Animation fixes for Flame Sword, Spiritual Hammer, and the druid club spell that I can't spell. Checked other summonable weapons to make sure that I didn't create the same kind of problem, and it didn't seem like they were affected.
  7. Switched Faerie Fire and Sunscorch's resource files as per DavidW's instructions. If someone's playing on Siege of Dragonspear, could you tell me if the subcomponent "Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens" is installable?
  8. Testing increased range on Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades, as well as "on-hit" spells like Fire Shield. Tentative. Feedback appreciated.
Edited by Bartimaeus