SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

Uh, hah, your video is of you casting Spell Thrust on yourself, which I just said doesn't work because the Spell Thrust projectile cannot target friendlies. You'd have to test it on an enemy to determine whether or not it was functioning correctly. That's why I cast Chromatic Orb at a non-party member Edwin to begin with in my video. If it worked on friendlies, you could very well accidentally hit yourself every time you cast it or Spellstrike at enemies. You know, now that I think about it, I think people have thought Spell Thrust is broken before because of it not being able to target friendlies - maybe it should be mentioned in the description at this point, :p.

Previous post: "As an aside, it cannot be targeted on friendly characters, as I demonstrate in the video - the projectile targets only enemies, as it is an AoE spell."

If you give me your latest override copies of scrl72, dvscrl06, and spwi108, I can certainly fix them, :). (e): Although...I'd have to know what spell resources scrl72 and dvscrl06 are supposed to point to in your game.

Edited by Bartimaeus
6 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Uh, hah, your video is of you casting Spell Thrust on yourself, which I just said doesn't work because the Spell Thrust projectile cannot target friendlies. You'd have to test it on an enemy to determine whether or not it was functioning correctly. That's why I cast Chromatic Orb at a non-party member Edwin to begin with in my video. If it worked on friendlies, you could very well accidentally hit yourself every time you cast it or Spellstrike at enemies.

Previous post: "As an aside, it cannot be targeted on friendly characters, as I demonstrate in the video - the projectile targets only enemies, as it is an AoE spell."

If you give me your latest override copies of scrl72, dvscrl06, and spwi108, I can certainly fix them, :).

Reading_comprehension.exe stopped working (sigh)

Ok so just tried again, gave the necklace to jaheira, casted the spell, kicked her from the party, attacked her (she turned hostile), casted spell thrust her way, the animation played like in your video and said "Spell Protections removed" BUT the spell effect remained on her and casting blind resulted in a "Spell Ineffective" message.

Okay, now that sounds like a bug. Could you please edit/spawn a Spell Deflection scroll (scrl7v) into a mage's inventory (Imoen?), have her cast it, then go hostile with her and cast Spell Thrust (scrl6j) on her with your main character (who appears to be a mage)? My guess is that this is not the fault of SR, but actually IR with the necklace. On a side note, since when is that necklace even in BG1? (e): Ah, an addition by BGEE.

Edited by Bartimaeus
7 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Okay, now that sounds like a bug. Could you please edit/spawn a Spell Deflection scroll (scrl7v) into a mage's inventory (Imoen?), have her cast it, then go hostile with her and cast Spell Thrust (scrl6j) on her with your main character (who appears to be a mage)? My guess is that this is not the fault of SR, but actually IR with the necklace. On a side note, since when is that necklace even in BG1? (e): Ah, an addition by BGEE.

Okay, so it did dispelled it properly. BUT, I just realized I had a save before fighting Mutamin, reloaded, waited for him to cast Spell Deflection and the same thing happened that happened with Jaheira (animation lands and plays, says Spell Protection Dispelled but the effect remains).

So for some reason, it is working on the scroll version but it's not dispelling the Necklace and the one Mutamin casts on himself.

3 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Is this an SCS prebuff cast of Spell Deflection, or does he actually actively cast it in combat? Also, no Spell Shield mentioned cast, right? (Easily testable just by casting Spell Thrust on him twice.)

I was testing some more, according to the log it says this

Shield (cast previously)

Non-Detection (cast previously)

Casts Mirror Image

Casts Magic Missile

Casts Minor Spell Deflection

I just noticed he is casting the non sr version. The second spell thrust did dispell his protection but maybe its just because it used all of its deflection levels?

Just now, Bartimaeus said:

Aha, mystery finally solved! Instead of dispelling Minor Spell Deflection, it dispelled Non-Detection.

"The spell protection spells dispelled by Spell Thrust are: Minor Spell Deflection, Non-Detection, Minor Globe of Invulnerability, Spell Deflection, and Spell Shield.~"

:p

Oh so it's supposed to do one at a time? Hmm do you think the necklace is bugged then? Sorry for the confusion, I'm not used to all the intricacies of SCS and SR.

scrl72.itm (resource spwi127.spl)

dvscrl06.itm (resource spwi906.spl)

I hope that is what you needed

scrl72.itm dvscrl06.itm SPWI108.spl

Well, yes, the description states that in the opening line, haha, :). "When this spell is cast, it will dispel one spell protection of 5th level or lower on all enemies within the area of effect."

Personally, I barely use Spell Thrust, more of a Secret Word kind of guy, but Secret Word is admittedly a spellcasting level higher for no additional use in BG1, so Spell Thrust does make a lot of sense there.

Corrected ProfPetrification: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/02g8ju3kp8tkhjx/spwi108.spl

I do need to know what the spell resource for Monster Summoning 1 and Monster Summoning 9 are to correct them, unfortunately. In my game, MS1 is SPWI129, while MS9 is SPWI901, but there's no guarantee that that's the case for you.

14 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Well, yes, the description states that in the opening line, haha, :). "When this spell is cast, it will dispel one spell protection of 5th level or lower on all enemies within the area of effect."

Personally, I barely use Spell Thrust, more of a Secret Word kind of guy, but Secret Word is admittedly a spellcasting level higher for no additional use in BG1, so Spell Thrust does make a lot of sense there.

Corrected ProfPetrification: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/02g8ju3kp8tkhjx/spwi108.spl

I do need to know what the spell resource for Monster Summoning 1 and Monster Summoning 9 are to correct them, unfortunately. In my game, MS1 is SPWI129, while MS9 is SPWI901, but there's no guarantee that that's the case for you.

Today is not a good day for me and Reading Comprehension. Sorry for wasting your time...

Are these

22 minutes ago, NdranC said:

scrl72.itm (resource spwi127.spl)

dvscrl06.itm (resource spwi906.spl

not the right spell resources? I have nearinfinity and exploring the spell that's the only info I could find that had the word "resource" on it.

Edited by NdranC

It's not a big deal, I sometimes forget what certain, less-used spells do too (it took me literal *years* to realize that Ghoul Touch is not a one-time use weapon - as the spell sounded so bad from the description as a one-time use that I had literally never, ever cast it before, so the day I decided I was going to see if I could beef it up a little to make it more interesting, I was shocked to discover that I could just keep whacking people with it like it was a Flame Blade, which actually made the spell kind of good for fighter/mages or swashbuckler/mages).

Basically, the scrolls point to a certain resource to cast/learn. In this case, scrl72.itm points to spwi127.spl, which is supposed to be Monster Summoning 1. But because SR now installs spells differently, spwi127.spl is not Monster Summoning 1, it is...nothing. So you have to find out what Monster Summoning 1 actually is so you can edit the scroll to point to it. In my game, it's spwi129.spl - in yours, it might be spwi128 or spwi130 or something instead.

Edited by Bartimaeus
7 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Basically, the scrolls point to a certain resource to cast/learn. In this case, scrl72.itm points to spwi127.spl, which is supposed to be Monster Summoning 1. But because SR now installs spells differently, spwi127.spl is not Monster Summoning 1, it is...nothing. So you have to find out what Monster Summoning 1 actually is so you can edit the scroll to point to it. In my game, it's spwi129.spl - in yours, it might be spwi128 or spwi130 or something instead.

Is this what you mean?

Hg8dAkF.jpg

Yes, only that it's actually SPWI122, not SPWI014 (SPWI014 is not a normal spell that the player could cast).

Thank you, and the corrected files:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/cu9v7tjlyv4darc/scrl72.itm

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/d4ngzrfgo18ba6z/dvscrl06.itm

If you have any more broken scrolls besides these two (you did say "multiple" scrolls before, and I presume MS9 was not one of them...I checked every single one and all of them appeared to be patched correctly, but if that's not the case, it's not the case), they'd be imperative to fix as well, :).

@Necklace: Bugger. Means there's something wrong with it. Oh well, fortunately it's an item for the PC, so not a huge deal - will investigate what's up.

Edited by Bartimaeus