SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

13 hours ago, TheLoneTremere said:

Some more feedback, it seem phantom blade does not do the additional 10 damage to undead. I think it was fixed by someone else a while back, by another person. But, i think the fix was never uploaded to the recent release, here is the zip for anyone who wants to investigate the fix and consider putting it in the new release.

phantom.zip 460 B · 1 download

You sure it does not?

I guess @Bartimaeus is on short hiatus, have not been online for several days. Unless he can confirm it its hard to implement any fix.

On 4/23/2020 at 4:01 AM, TheLoneTremere said:

Some more feedback, it seem phantom blade does not do the additional 10 damage to undead. I think it was fixed by someone else a while back, by another person. But, i think the fix was never uploaded to the recent release, here is the zip for anyone who wants to investigate the fix and consider putting it in the new release.

phantom.zip 460 B · 2 downloads

I just fresh installed BG2 EE and SRevision. WIth console pumped my sorcerer with exp, gained phantom blade spell and casted it on myself, then summoned first regular monster (jelly) phantom blade dealt only magical damage to it, then i summoned shadow (which is undead) and attacked it - it dealt 10 reagular damage + magical damage every time. So i cant confim the bug is real. Probably you have installed some other mods that conflict with SR, but on current SR Phantom blade works as it should.

On 4/21/2020 at 7:45 AM, TheLoneTremere said:

Interesting, it would also seem that cure disease also removes feeble-mind, yet does not seem to indicate in either the spells description, that is either cure disease or feeblemind itself; and it does not remove the feeblemind's icon on the portrait after thus being removed.

I think this is more of a conflict with SCS,  But i will continue testing. 

As for Feeblemind, according to game rules it should be cured by Heal, Greater Restoration and (!) Cure Disease. So it works how it should be this way. But i just tested, the icon of feeblemind does not dissappear from a character after i removed it with Cure Disease, though intellect is restored and negative effect of it goes away indeed. I also tested it with Heal spell and it properly removes Feeblemind (both negative effect AND icon). So i guess its just a cosmetic bug.

PS Just an update. I just checked in unmodded pure BG2 EE - Cure Disease removes icon of enfeeblement from the target. So its confirmed Spell Revision cosmetic bug.

Edited by pochesun

Just wanted to know if it's my installation or a bug but the spell chaotic command (SPPR508.SPL) has incorrect level values. Every effects are level 1 instead of being incremental. Maybe it's on my side but if someone can check about this one ?

On 5/11/2020 at 2:42 AM, ptifab said:

Just wanted to know if it's my installation or a bug but the spell chaotic command (SPPR508.SPL) has incorrect level values. Every effects are level 1 instead of being incremental. Maybe it's on my side but if someone can check about this one ?

Sorry, i can't understand what you mean. Chaotic Commands is a spell that grants target an immunity from a number of spells and effects such as charm, sleep, domination, maze etc. There should not be any incremental effects as far as i get it. Can you be more specific?

if you look at other spells that have those duration type values (1 round/turn per level), every effect starts at 1st level, then the second has actual spell level (like 10 for a 5th wizard level spell), then others goes up by one for the level and by the amount of round/turn for the duration.

In this spell effects, you have the duration set to be 1 turn per level, but instead of having effects with an incremental level (1 then 10, 11, 12, etc.) they are only set to 1 besides duration is correctly incremented by 60 each (1st level start at 540, then 600, 660, etc.) check the attached image from NI to look at what i'm talking about.

But i wanted to know if that was only on my installation or if someone else has it ?

sppr508.jpg

I have SR installed (not SRR) and SPPR508 has correctly increasing headers (1, then 10 through 20).  So there's a data point.

But, mine only has 12 headers (level 1, and then 10 through 20).  Yours has like... 30 or 40?? Can't tell. Are you using some kind of mod that extends spell level scaling?  My money would be on that causing your problem.  (Not that it's even really a problem... how often do you need mental protection to last more than 9 turns?)

@ptifab and @subtledoctor

I have tested Chaotic Commands. I got SR and SRR, IR, IRR, SCS installed (no any other mods), created a cleric, pumped it with console to level 9 get Chaotic Commands spell and then casted it on myself. It lasted 39 mins 30 sec real time. I am not sure how to interpret it in terms of programming (not a programmer or modder :)) but as @ptifab stated it looks like it starts to count down after 30 mins mark. I could be wrong about 30 secs, but i am pretty sure i am not, though looks like SRR indeed somehow changes scaling to an inappropriate propotion. I also have tested some other spells like Magic Armor, Stoneskin, Strenght, Minor Globe of Invulnerability and some others and all those worked correctly in terms of duration. 

As @subtledoctor said it's probably a very minor issue since it does not impact balance almost at all, but i am curious how it would behave with level 10, 11, 12 etc. Would the duration be variable and if yes, to what extent. 

10 hours ago, pochesun said:

but i am curious how it would behave with level 10, 11, 12 etc. Would the duration be variable and if yes, to what extent.

It's supposed to be 60 seconds per level.  You can first cast it at level 9, so it lasts 540 seconds, or 9 minutes.  It should generally max out at 20 minutes (since most spell scaling only goes to level 20, this being 2E and all)... however, some mods extend level scaling to level 30/40/50.  And indeed, @ptifab has more than 30 ability headers; the duration of each increases properly but they all have minimum level 1, which means that any caster of any level will end up using the last ability header, which has the longest duration.  And indeed, @pochesun has the spell at level 9 lasting for 40 minutes, which would be the longest duration if the ability headers went up to level 40.

Given that @ptifab and @pochesun's setups seem to be consistent, I'll revise my guess and say this is probably a small bug in SRR.

Edited by subtledoctor
16 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

I have SR installed (not SRR) and SPPR508 has correctly increasing headers (1, then 10 through 20).  So there's a data point.

But, mine only has 12 headers (level 1, and then 10 through 20).  Yours has like... 30 or 40?? Can't tell. Are you using some kind of mod that extends spell level scaling?  My money would be on that causing your problem.  (Not that it's even really a problem... how often do you need mental protection to last more than 9 turns?)

I have  a tweak component that remove the level cap to 50, but i don't know why it's only that spell that has these incorrect values, i've checked a lot of other spells and seems that only this one is concerned by this level problem. As you said though, i don't know if that matters a lot as the base duration is already good, but i wanted to know if i had a bug in my setup.

I don't know if it is a malfunction or i am just missing something. I am using Spell Revisions and spell Luck says the following: "The recipient of this spell is lucky in everything that they do for the next hour. The affected character receives a +1 or 5% bonus to all of their actions, including THAC0, damage, AC, saving throws, and thieving skills. Multiple casting of this spell are not cumulative". I have tested it and everything except for AC in this discription works for me: saving throws and thieving skills are applied, damage inflicted seems to be modified under Luck spell, received magic damage reduced and THAC0 granted when rolling to Hit. But i can't figure AC. To my knowledge there are no inherent luck modifications in BG for AC, there are no AC rolls and it surely should not (and does not) grant extra AC by default. I even tried to test it with  Jaheira (THAC0 15) punching MInsc (8 AC) : first i did it without Luck on Minsc and the lowest hit roll to hit was 7 (as it should be), then i thought probably Luck could give a bonus AC value when the dice is being rolled, i casted Luck on Minsc, same story - the lowest total roll to hit was 7. I know there are some very informed people who could enlighten me on this subject :) If @subtledoctor  , @Bartimaeus or anyone else familiar with the topic could tell me what is going on i will be very grateful :) 

P.S.  It also could be jsut a poor spell discription but i am not sure about that.