SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

14 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Sounds like just a mistake in the description. Luck should not modify AC

Yeah, thats what i thought. Unless, of course AC bonus from discription is implied as damage reduction from magic spells (which again sound a bit wonky). I am not sure, it could be it since AC in theory could be connected to damage reduction but it looks like far-fetched.

On 4/19/2020 at 1:58 PM, TheLoneTremere said:

On a side note, i think if you install SCS and SR; the shield spell does not block Mordekaine's force missile as it should. Oh, and for some reason i think xan in the romantic encounter mod/scs might also obstruct protection from the elements as you are not able to select which element you want to use when you cast the spell, for whatever reason.

From what I recall, Force Missile is basically a souped up, higher level version of Magic Missile, right? Not...really sure how to implement this across mods, especially since SCS doesn't use static spell resources.

Cure Disease: I'll fix get that icon removal bug fixed.

Phantom Blade: It certainly looks like the damage is being applied, but depending on the exact enemy you're facing, they may not always be marked as undead. Even in the item file you supplied, the effect was applied to the item, so that would be my guess.

@ptifab

IIRC, I did a cleanup of Chaotic Commands a while back - may not have reconstructed the file entirely correctly, will take a look.

@pochesun

Luck: I'm trying to recall if I wanted the AC bonus or not, but I can't say for sure. I'll remove the text for the time being.

(e): Note to self: ADD_SPELL-ize Dispel Screen at some point to prevent EE Spell Immunity bug.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I dunno what thread i should put it, but i use both Spell Revision and SCS with installed component "Make spell sequencers and contingencies into innate abilities", when i hover my mouse over my contingency ability i see "f6: quick weapon" .😄  The number of "F" varies depending on what slot it uses. Other abilities show correct name when i hover my mouse over them. Just a cosmetic thing.

Also, @Bartimaeus i think there is a mistake in Power Word Blind spell. According to the discription it gives malus to THAC0 by 10, but i casted it on my companions and it only reduces it by 4. Could you, please, check it.

Also, after Power Word Stun spell effect wears off the icon of "stunned effect" does not go away from character portrait and from character information page. Again, cosmetic bug.  And the discription of the spell could be a bit misleading: it says "duration: 5 turns" and in detailed discription its all about relation between HP of the target and duration.

Edited by pochesun

Ok, since i have time now and able to spend lot of it on BG testing, here is a thing. I created character in BG 2 EE (sorcerer), gave it chunk of experience with console, leveled up to semi god. Did it in order to try some spells and test some interactions. So i gained ability to summon Planetar, summoned it, and tried to cast all spells available to it. Well... it went badly. Not only Planetar refuses to cast some spells 100% of the time (Holy Word, Blade Barrier, True Seeing, Chaotic Commands) it also absolutely randomly refuses or agrees to cast Aid, Drawn upon holy might, Greater Resoration, Heal... maybe some others. I think through multiple loadings i have seen it cast Find Traps only once. Have not tried Raise Dead cuz of frustration :) Tried it with Party AI on and Off.  

I have IRR, SRR, SCS installed with Improved Fiends and Celestials section. I am not sure what causes this extremely weird behavior, but since is concerns Planetar's spells i decided to psot it here. If i am right the bug is super nasty. Please, test it. 

Cure Disease: Upon further investigation, it does not seem intended for this spell to remove feeblemindedness. Feeblemindedness is a mental state, and SRR actually does not modify this spell at all from SR. If your game is having Cure Disease remove the feeblemindedness effect but not the icon, it is an incompatibility with another mod, since SR's Cure Disease does not include any kind of feeblemindedness removal. I might eventually change the design of this spell to be a more general "Remove Ailments"-type spell that includes removing poison effects and perhaps feeblemindedness among other things, but that would also involve redesigning and beefing up Neutralize Poison and taking a look at Break Enchantment to see how best to differentiate the two.

Lesser Restoration: Once upon a time, I said I would make it so Lesser Restoration restores non-permanent stat drains - unfortunately, there are difficulties with implementation that make it so this, at best, could only apply to vanilla effects, and not anything mod-added - and even then, I couldn't guarantee everything could be covered. Shelved for the time being. The EEs have one additional option that might make it easier to implement, but it'd be EE-only and still not guaranteed to be consistent - may look into it later.

Chaotic Commands: Fixed the issue - a simple case of forgetting to reset the levels on each header when I reconstructed the file.

Luck: Removed AC bonus mention in description.

@pochesun

I'm not sure what you mean by "contingency ability". Did you mean spell triggers (i.e. the abilities that show up in your innate menu)?

PW Blind: ToBEx on BG2:ToB sets blindness to -10 (as per PnP?), EEs keep it at -4. Can't do anything about it, unfortunately. I also can't think of any ad hoc way to implement the -10 malus that works with the mechanism of the spell.

PW Stun: Good spot for the description - on a hunch, I checked Symbol of Stunning and saw that it had "Special" as its duration when it was meant to be 5 rounds. Must've accidentally switched them. Fixed the portrait icon problem.

Now at 1.2.11.

Edited by Bartimaeus

@Bartimaeus 

Regarding Contingency, i think yes we are talking about innate menu (at the bottom of the screen, same place where all icons of spells are set). So when i hover mouse over it it says "Quick Weapon", when i hover mouse over others, including " Chain Contingency" it shows correct (Chain Contingency).

Regarding Cure Disease -  it turns out that according to game mechanic Cure Disease should remove feeblemind, i have come across about it in multiple posts on different sites but here are couple of those:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/73771/how-do-you-dispel-feeblemind

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/47623/status-effects/p1

also i only use SRR, IRR and SCS 100% :)

Lesser Restoration should not remove Feeblemind (please, check second link with the discription of statuses and ways to remove those). Greater Restoration should and it does remove Feeblemind (literaly i just did it, removed Feeblemind from Imoen with Greater Restoration). It also correctly removes icon same as Heal spell does. Cure Disease is the only thing that does not remove icon properly.

Regarding PW Blind, did not know that is the issue. I guess they nerfed the spell intentionally since it was too powerful. Is it possible to change the discription of the spell so it declares to reduce THAC0 by 4?

Also you were mentioning something about adding Dispel Screen to fix Spell Immunity bug. I was wondering what was that :) Dont bother to answer if it will take too long.

And please, check Planetar issue, thank you.

Contigencies: Contingencies aren't innate abilities in SR, so I presume this is an SCS issue. @DavidW? (e: Of course, this 'conveniently' got pushed to a separate page - check the last post on the previous page for what he's talking about.)

Cure Disease: Nevertheless, it doesn't make much conceptual sense to include it in Cure Disease and the function was instead moved to Break Enchantment in SR, and I don't really see a convincing reason to change it back as of now.

Lesser Restoration: I didn't mention feeblemindedness in relation to Lesser Restoration in my previous post - never planned on making it cure it.

PW Blind: I suppose I can make an EE-only description. On a side-note, it's not that the EEs nerfed it, it's more that ToBEx 'fixed' it and the EEs did not choose to replicate the behavior.

Dispel Screen: Thanks for reminding me, actually. Basically, when using Spell Triggers and Contingencies, having Dispel Screen memorized causes a bug where you get access to a bunch of different spells you shouldn't be able to choose because the game is treating Dispel Screen like Spell Immunity, and the only way to fix it is to stop overwriting Spell Immunity, disable it, and instead make Dispel Screen its own spell.

Planetars: Didn't see that post of yours. Will check it out, but most likely it is the result of different AI incompatibilities and not something I can fix. Also, if I can remember correctly, I think summoned Planetars having erratic/unruly behavior has been a problem in SCS for a while, too.

Edited by Bartimaeus

3 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Contigencies: Contingencies aren't innate abilities in SR, so I presume this is an SCS issue. @DavidW?

Cure Disease: Nevertheless, it doesn't make much conceptual sense to include it in Cure Disease and the function was instead moved to Break Enchantment in SR, and I don't really see a convincing reason to change it back as of now.

Lesser Restoration: I didn't mention feeblemindedness in relation to Lesser Restoration in my previous post - never planned on making it cure it.

PW Blind: I suppose I can make an EE-only description. On a side-note, it's not that the EEs nerfed it, it's more that ToBEx 'fixed' it and the EEs did not choose to replicate the behavior.

Dispel Screen: Thanks for reminding me, actually. Basically, when using Spell Triggers and Contingencies, having Dispel Screen memorized causes a bug where you get access to a bunch of different spells you shouldn't be able to choose because the game is treating Dispel Screen like Spell Immunity, and the only way to fix it is to stop overwriting Spell Immunity, disable it instead, and instead make Dispel Screen its own spell.

Planetars: Didn't see that post of yours. Will check it out, but most likely it is the result of different AI incompatibilities and not something I can fix.

Regarding Cure Disease. I fully endorse the Cure Disease concept, and i like Break Enchantment as a spell A LOT! But In current state of SR Cure Disease removes Feeblemind negative effect (ie Intelligence drop to 3) from the character. It does not remove the icon. So basically its the matter of how it should work now: either Cure Disease does not remove Feeblemind at all (again, personally, i am totaly cool with that) or it removes both effect and the icon. Once again: i only have BG 2 EE, SRR, IRR and SCS installed. No any other mods.

Regarding Restoration, sorry i misinterpreted you.

Regarding Spell Immunity bug - thx for explanation.

Regarding Planetars: i mean it absolutely could be the issue of AI, but it was stated in SCS (the latest version of it) that its compatible with SRR latest version. Is @DavidW aware of the issue, that there could be some problems with planetars etc?

Also, its a minor, but could you please check my post in IRR about Cloak of the Wolves :)

37 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Dispel Screen: Thanks for reminding me, actually. Basically, when using Spell Triggers and Contingencies, having Dispel Screen memorized causes a bug where you get access to a bunch of different spells you shouldn't be able to choose because the game is treating Dispel Screen like Spell Immunity, and the only way to fix it is to stop overwriting Spell Immunity, disable it, and instead make Dispel Screen its own spell.

This is a good catch.  Note though that AI (including and/or especially SCS A) will want Dispelling Screen to remain with the filename of the former SI:Abj.  So I think what needs to happen specifically is (on the EEs) something like:

1. add Dispelling Screen as it was already being added
  2. also add it that existing version to hidespl.2da
  3. ADD_SPELL a new version of Dispelling Screen, and set scrolls such that players learn this new version
  4. for maximum compatibility with 206/321/etc. effects, the new DS should perhaps just cast the existing version via opcode 146 (EDIT - or vice versa)

That may be overkill...?  But I think it would fully cover all circumstances of how this spell is used:

• AI casting it in place of SI:Abj
  • player choosing it from CharGen menus
  • player learning it from scrolls
  • player having it appear correctly in contingency/sequencer screens
  • all interactions with other spells/effects would be maintained as-is

That's off the top of my head, anyway.  Sounds like this is an SR issue, not just an SRR issue?  If people agree with this I can probably set it up and do a pull request for SR4b19.

Edited by subtledoctor

@subtledoctor

Yes, definitely applies to SR as well. I *think* SI:ABJ is already replaced with another copy of Dispelling Screen in SR - it definitely is in SRR, as I have it specifically commented as being so in main_component.tpa. Will also want to purge Spell Immunity from playable characters' spellbooks - there may also be some EE-specific stuff relating to replenishing spell duration that has to be replaced, I can't remember for sure off the top of my head.

@pochesun

Planetars: Possibly!

Cure Disease: Oh bother. I tested SR/R's Cure Disease in BG2:ToB earlier today and found that it did not cure feeblemindedness. I tested the same spell in BG2:EE just now and found that it did. I guess the EE devs changed it so that the cure disease effect also cures feeblemindedness, even though feeblemindedness has its own separate cure effect. Bugger. No way to fix that, so I'm going to add the remove icon effect as well, but I am not going to list it as one of its curing effects since it is not intended at this time.

Cloak of the Wolf: Will look at it, though probably tomorrow.

Edited by Bartimaeus