SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

17 minutes ago, Hoverdawg said:

BG2EE, yes. And the description in arcane.tra seems to be correct (no screen).

Welp, guess I'll take a BG2EE install for a spin on the off-chance that something I'm unaware of is being applied to EE games that isn't to ToBEx.

Baldur_dQel760d9t.png

Nope, still not doing it. Okay, now very closely taking a look at your weidu.log...and I don't see anything that should do it. ...I guess Sword Coast Stratagems would be the logical deduction here, since I don't see anything else that would conceivably modify a spell in this manner.

Baldur_o7eLYqrVAj.png

And there it is, the base SCS component "Initialize AI components" is the one causing it. Interestingly, even though every single anti-magic spell lists dispelling Dispelling Screen, none of them actually do, which is the correct behavior - only Breach and Dispel/Remove Magic do. Perhaps it's something to do with SR also claiming that these spells remove Dispelling Screen, even though they don't for the most part (only level 8 Pierce Shield and level 9 Spell Strike do*)? @DavidW?

*I remove this for SRR because it really just doesn't make a lot of sense and comes across as needlessly inconsistent. I could maybe buy it for Spellstrike, but definitely not for Pierce Shield. I also decided to rewrite Dispelling Screen for a little additional clarity with a focus on trying to make it clear that each character receives their own barrier that needs a Dispel/Remove Magic or Breach to remove, not that it would be removed for everyone if one Breach hit just one character:

Spoiler

Old: By casting this spell, caster creates a transparent, permeable barrier that shields the caster and their allies from Dispel Magic and Breach spells. The barrier dissipates after one instance of Dispel Magic or Breach.

New: By casting this spell, the caster creates transparent, permeable barriers that shield the caster and their allies from Dispel Magic, Remove Magic, and Breach spells. An individual barrier dissipates after one instance of any of these spells affecting the shielded character.

3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

And there it is, the base SCS component "Initialize AI components" is the one causing it. Interestingly, even though every single anti-magic spell lists dispelling Dispelling Screen, none of them actually do, which is the correct behavior - only Breach and Dispel/Remove Magic do.

Oh man, that was driving me crazy! I was trying to dispel a "Dispelling Screen" with Spell Thrust or Secret Word until I found out it didn't work as the description stated.

I guess the dialog entry gets patched dynamically? Did a test and the Strref for the spell is the same before and after SCS...

Yes, SCS dynamically patches the underlying string (that saves updating the scroll separately). It works out the patch automatically, and in this case the automatic code is making a mistake. It notices that Dispelling Screen (SPWI510) has secondary type SPELLPROTECTION, and so would be brought down by Spell Thrust. And it's right, in a sense! - but it doesn't realize that SPWI510 only persists for an instant in any case, since it's only job is to cast a secondary spell, SPWI510D.

Given how much it uses secondary spells, I should probably leave it to SR to make sure its spell descriptions are accurate, and only apply this patch on non-SR installs. (I wrote it mostly with the IWD spell system changes in mind.)

17 minutes ago, Antipatiko said:

Does SPWI590 (Dispelling Screen) require the same treatment? Spell Thrust and others mention both Dispelling Screen and Spell Immunity in their description.

Hah, I noticed that too in the images I made above, but there's nothing I can do about it (also, in the event that Spell Immunity *does* somehow make an appearance, these antimagic spells should dispel them, so technically, it's not incorrect, it just seems odd for a mod that's supposed to remove Spell Immunity to be still mentioning it). SPWI590 is actually what replaces Spell Immunity: Abjuration, and is what SCS casters use if they're supposed to cast it in a contingency/trigger (they'll instead cast Dispelling Screen). The real Dispelling Screen that the player gets will be like SPWI523 or SPWI524 or something (it's dynamically added, so it doesn't have a set resource), I think. I don't think SPWI590 is a spell that SCS would detect and try add to the description because it's a vanilla-yet-non-spellbook spell, but I don't know for absolute certain.

Edited by Bartimaeus

No, SCS won’t detect SPWI590 (it’s hard coded to avoid all the secondary spells for Spell Immunity; probably I ought to check hidespl instead).

Incidentally, as of v32 I don’t use Spell Immunity in contingencies/triggers on SR installs.

10 minutes ago, DavidW said:

No, SCS won’t detect SPWI590 (it’s hard coded to avoid all the secondary spells for Spell Immunity; probably I ought to check hidespl instead).

Incidentally, as of v32 I don’t use Spell Immunity in contingencies/triggers on SR installs.

Ah. Well, that's a little sad for me, because I put a few fun combos in there, like a Non-Detection + Improved Invisibility combo replacing SI:Divination. Oh well, probably for the best, since even something like that was subject to problems (like, what if they already cast Non-Detection and some type of invisibility through other means?).

Edited by Bartimaeus
1 hour ago, DavidW said:

I meant something more elementary: two spells when I’m budgeting for one.

That makes sense. Some of them were also illegal by level as well (9th level caster casting Spell Immunity: Illusion instead getting 6th level True Seeing which they shouldn't be able to cast*), but it ultimately was a workaround with the intent of making SCS's triggers/contingencies work as seamlessly as possible.

*...This particular scenario may not actually be possible, since Contingency is level 6 and neither it nor a lesser trigger would be able to cast a 6th level spell, but that would just mean it's illegal in that way instead.

Edited by Bartimaeus
20 hours ago, Hoverdawg said:

(I don't know if I should post it here or in the IRR thread)

Remove Magic scrolls (bought in a temple) currently have the Dispel Magic icon.

image.png.6a7a8768b65134305d7f00d19fc74126.png

Thanks, I have fixed it in the latest IRR repository (although I did the reverse and converted it to Dispel Magic and not Remove Magic).

Edited by Bartimaeus