SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

9 hours ago, NdranC said:

@Bartimaeus

Banishment: It's right in the description of the spell, same for Djinni. "The gated genie is immune to Banishment and has access to..."

Reveal hidden contents

UX9v9pw.jpg

I'll get back to you on the file since for some reason is not letting me upload it.

Ticking Damage: It occurred to me that it could be multiplayer related and that seems to be the case. Almost all tick based damage of effects are slightly off. As the host if I cast them I get an extra tick while my guest gets one less tick. In single player everything works as expected. Nothing that we can do about it I guess.

Random Treasures: I really like that idea. I'm probably going to use it for next time.

Weapon Mastery: Please do, I made my own that changes prof cap to 4 (including styles) 4 is reserved to pure fighters, 3 paladin/rangers/multifighters, 2 clerics/thief/bards, 1 mages. With a lot extra prof so you can actually have multiple main weapons. Moved around a lot of stuff. I honestly want to use someones else's if I like it because I don't know very well how to code in weidu even though I've modified some of the existing IR code to suit my needs, it's a lot more time investment to learn to do it from scratch and also work with other mods.

Flesh to Stone: Not sure, it has happened twice in 2 different (not recent) EET installs. If you are interested I could do that thingy that shows what mods modified a file but since I manually fixed it and it doesn't seem to be generalized I could keep an eye out for the next time I make a new install.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the Hakeashar has a weird description, not sure if it's intentional but it mentions that a Hakeashar is an upgraded Nishiruu and then proceeds to never call the summon a Hakeashar and instead always uses the name Nishiruu.

@Djinni & Efreeti: Did not ever remember reading that in its description. ...Aaaaand I'm removing it - however, I will continue to mention that it's a gated creature, which means Banishment can be used on them but will grant a saving throw.

@Hakeashar: Probably an oversight from when I restored this spell. These spells have like 95% the same description in vanilla except for the swapped out name, too. Fixed.

@Elementals: I guess I'm going to make all elementals gated, especially since their descriptions literally mentions them being gated in, and not simply conjured.

@Weapon Mastery: I kiiind of had a similar idea, but not quite so extreme. Vanilla BG2 proficiencies didn't do what they said they did at all, and so I attempted to devise an alternative system without going as overboard as something like True Grandmastery did. However, while I am writing up a description for it, it does not matter for you because this component is actually dependent upon a ToBEx proficiency modification/function that the EEs do not have (and actually, it's further dependent on another component from an entirely different mod which I did not realize - in other words, it should not be used by probably anyone but me, :p).

@Flesh to Stone: Flesh to Stone is spwi604.spl if you want to do a changelog on it.

(e): I finished writing the description for the Weapon Mastery component, but again, sadly of no use to you. (e): Actually, based on what Subtledoctor wrote above about his proficiency system, it probably would work - but differently than how it does in non-EE games and I'd have to look into how he does it to make it work. So let me know if you're actually interested in it, and I'll actually figure it out and code up a proper replacement, :p. Based on what you wrote, though, I think you'll *probably* prefer your own set of changes.

Edited by Bartimaeus

@Bartimaeus

So for the time being I reverted my client back (from the summon gender fix) because my friend couldn't install the mod today. And I 100% confirmed that there is something wrong with the nishiruu because I summoned one against an NPC mage and he casted banishment and did nothing. Not even a save message. I assume that the nishiruus are gated? The only 2 spell that work against nishiruus according to the description are dispel magic and banishment. I then went to NI and looked for the nishruu summoned by the arcane spell I can confirm that it's gender is "Summoned - 6" so he is properly gendered. Not sure what the problem is.

Edited by NdranC

Still need a copy of your Banishment.

I'm 99% certain I tested the Nishruu (and Hakeashar), but okay, let's try it again. Fresh SRR on a fresh BG2EE installation not having made any changes except for making the projectile of Banishment target friendlies:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/iv55wjdq08ouak7/sa6x5TFxQ6.mp4

No saving throws, does have a superfluous "healed" message but not really a big deal, all Banished as they should be. Looks to be pretty definitively working to me. I don't know what's happened in your install that it won't.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Gibberlings says I can't upload files and doesn't explain why. I've contacted support but they haven't replied. Here is the link to my file My Banished SPL.

Yeah I didn't mean to imply it's your fault. It's definitely something weird in my end not sure what it could be since the Nishruu's are correctly gendered. I wish I could come up with a reliable way to test this without waiting for it. Maybe I should do what you did and change the projectile to affect friendlies to help me test it. Or just pour through the spl myself but until I solve my NI problem is hard to use it.

Wow I just watched your video and I've never seen that spell effect at the end when the summons disappear. They just "plop" out of existence without fanfare when it works in my game. Hmmm.

On another note, regarding the Melf's Acid Arrow. The reason why it was giving an extra tick is that I'm an idiot that forgot I was already wearing an item that increases my caster level by 2. That is why I was getting an extra tick. So forget about the whole multiplayer thing. My friends dagger still seems to still be missing an extra tick but it's really minor. I just bought the Scarlet Ninjato for him so I'm gonna test it out to see how many ticks of poison it procs.

And by the way, thanks for giving me the time of day with all my little questions, IR and SR and by extension all the changes you've made to them have become my favorite mod right after SCS. I just got the amulet of power yesterday and the way it works is SO GOOD for cleric/mages by giving them both divine and arcane spell casting slots. I really think it makes items and spells a lot more interesting.

PS: is it possible to restrict only giving spell slots to a sorcerer and not a wizard if they wear an item? I though maybe it could be a good idea to change or create some items to "encourage" charisma based characters to use charisma items instead of just using a lot of the same wizard based ones. I'm currently roleplaying my sorcerer with 25 charisma but it was really hard to justify not dropping the Ring of Human Influence for the Ring of Acuity. If it's not possible maybe tweak another item with a boring effects to be only wearable by charisma based casters and with a new effect. If you think it's a good idea.

@Sorcerer-only items: I don't *think* you can, I think sorcerers always count as base-class mages for the purpose of usabilities? Although maybe that's only true for non-EE games? I'm not a hundred percent certain, someone like @subtledoctor would probably know more concretely.

@Banishment: No graphical effect? The graphical effect is built into the same spell as that which does the delayed slaying - no graphical effect means...well, it means something is wrong, that's for sure, but we already knew that! :pAlso, alas, I actually need SPWI605D.spl, as you have the Spell Deflection Blocks AoE Spells component installed, which turns the base spells of AoE spells into shells that don't actually contain any of its original effects. And while we're at it, can I get a copy of your DVBANISH.spl? Might as well make sure here.

@Melf's: Ahah, yes. An understandable mistake - I thought it might be the initial acid/missile damage rolls are separate, but that makes sense too.

@Charisma: I forgot that the EEs actually make Charisma do something for sorcerers - I don't remember exactly what, but something! Charisma does absolutely nothing for sorcerer class abilities in vanilla games, and this mod was designed, content-wise, around a non-EE BG2, so that's why there's nothing for it. I'm not even sure how you would conceptually tie an item to charisma requirements, to be honest.

23 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Sorcerer-only items: I don't *think* you can, I think sorcerers always count as base-class mages for the purpose of usabilities? Although maybe that's only true for non-EE games?

This is possible: in EEs, use opcode 319; pre-EE, use opcode 180 or 181 (it would be more finicky but still possible.) That would allow sorcerers but not mages to equip an item.

But what he asked is whether the item could be equipable by both classes, but restricting the spell-slot bonus (opcode 42) to one or the other. This could probably done pretty simply by filtering it through opcode 177.

50 minutes ago, NdranC said:

I'm currently roleplaying my sorcerer with 25 charisma but it was really hard to justify not dropping the Ring of Human Influence for the Ring of Acuity

If you are playing EEv2.5, Tome & Blood gives sorcerers bonus spells for CHA (and bards too). The higher your CHA, the better the bonus spells (up to 5th or 6th-level spells, I believe) so it might well be better to wear the Ring of Human Influence, and give the Ring of Acuity to a mage. (Frankly I think the bonus-spell-slot items that talk about memorization in their descriptions, like Evermemory, should be filtered to work for mages only, since sorcerers don’t memorize spells.)

(EDIT - also could just role-play. Who cares if you don’t totally max out your possible spell slots? When was the last time you expended every single spell slot?)

Edited by subtledoctor
1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

@Banishment: No graphical effect? The graphical effect is built into the same spell as that which does the delayed slaying - no graphical effect means...well, it means something is wrong, that's for sure, but we already knew that! :pAlso, alas, I actually need SPWI605D.spl, as you have the Spell Deflection Blocks AoE Spells component installed, which turns the base spells of AoE spells into shells that don't actually contain any of its original effects. And while we're at it, can I get a copy of your DVBANISH.spl? Might as well make sure here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MsmId9uHpyOsuhkLN74bf0BuhIk_X8H9?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

(EDIT - also could just role-play. Who cares if you don’t totally max out your possible spell slots? When was the last time you expended every single spell slot?)

I guess different people roleplay differently. I for one hate resting. I think it's immersion breaking to "rest" in the middle of irenicus dungeon or something like that. I've modded my game with this in mind and I almost double spell slots on all my characters with a more (in my opinion) sensible spell progression. But this is all done with the caviat that I'm not trying to rest after every encounter.

I also love rogues rebalanced because the mod author gives a lot of unique items to bards and rogues that make them feel a little more special. Even if "annoyingly so" the items stand out in comparison with IR items.

It would be awesome if as a sorc I could get a ring like the one Baeloth uses that increases the amount of know spells or something more flavorful to sorcs. Honestly I almost think that wizard items that give spell slots, or some of them, should give int bonus since it's so hard to find int bonuses for my party. For example, I'm thinking of using haer'dalis but he has an int of 15 and it's going to SUCK to teach him new spells.

@Tome&Blood: I tried to play with it but like I said before half of the components were not working or very buggy for some reason. Like for example I tried using your metamagic as innate and it flat out was completely broken while the SCS component that does the same works fine. I'm not sure if it has something to do with EET or the Baldur's Gate Extended World Installer Tool but I figured I would rather stick to 2da editing and some basic overhauls for my first full playthrough.

1 hour ago, NdranC said:

flat out was completely broken

Weird, it’s 100% fine in my tests and I haven’t had any bug reports. Oh, but wait:

1 hour ago, NdranC said:

something to do with  the Baldur's Gate Extended World Installer Tool

Ah yes, I think we may have found the weak link. 

1 hour ago, NdranC said:

It would be awesome if as a sorc I could get a ring like the one Baeloth uses that increases the amount of know spells

Not possible I fear. Though, if we were to completely replace the sorcerer casting system with the one I use for multiclass sorcerers, this would be possible. Or something like it. You could have an item that, when you press the ‘cast spell’ button, would let you cast any if your known spells plus some selection of other spells according to the item’s theme; take the item off, and you go back to just your known spells. Like what if the Ring of Fire Control added various fire spells, including from the divine list, to be cast spontaneously from your spell slots. Some cool possibilities there...

6 hours ago, NdranC said:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MsmId9uHpyOsuhkLN74bf0BuhIk_X8H9?usp=sharing

I guess different people roleplay differently. I for one hate resting. I think it's immersion breaking to "rest" in the middle of irenicus dungeon or something like that. I've modded my game with this in mind and I almost double spell slots on all my characters with a more (in my opinion) sensible spell progression. But this is all done with the caviat that I'm not trying to rest after every encounter.

I also love rogues rebalanced because the mod author gives a lot of unique items to bards and rogues that make them feel a little more special. Even if "annoyingly so" the items stand out in comparison with IR items.

It would be awesome if as a sorc I could get a ring like the one Baeloth uses that increases the amount of know spells or something more flavorful to sorcs. Honestly I almost think that wizard items that give spell slots, or some of them, should give int bonus since it's so hard to find int bonuses for my party. For example, I'm thinking of using haer'dalis but he has an int of 15 and it's going to SUCK to teach him new spells.

@Tome&Blood: I tried to play with it but like I said before half of the components were not working or very buggy for some reason. Like for example I tried using your metamagic as innate and it flat out was completely broken while the SCS component that does the same works fine. I'm not sure if it has something to do with EET or the Baldur's Gate Extended World Installer Tool but I figured I would rather stick to 2da editing and some basic overhauls for my first full playthrough.

Well...everything looks right to me.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/we3dmbg5et6rig7/Banishment.zip

This is a copy of the required files for Banishment from the latest SRR repository, except it's set to target friendlies. Create a sorcerer in ToB and see what it works on. I would also open up spwi605.spl and take note of its string references (name and description) so that you can set them to the correct ones again (although there's no need to do so with this test spwi605, since it only targets friendlies and you obviously don't want that).

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Well...everything looks right to me.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/we3dmbg5et6rig7/Banishment.zip

This is a copy of the required files for Banishment from the latest SRR repository, except it's set to target friendlies. Create a sorcerer in ToB and see what it works on. I would also open up spwi605.spl and take note of its string references (name and description) so that you can set them to the correct ones again (although there's no need to do so with this test spwi605, since it only targets friendlies and you obviously don't want that).

So... You gave me 5 files, spwi605 (not D), dvbanish (eff/spl), dvgateba (eff/spl). The thing is I don't have any dvgateba (eff/spl) in my override or anywhere else according to NI.

If I understand this correctly. The file spwi605 that you gave me calls a "spell ability" with 3 "effects" on it. The first 2 of those effects use dvbanish resource to check for gender summoned - 6 and unknow - 20 and the last effect uses dvgateba resource to check for summoned_demon - 9.

If I check my spwi605 it looks differently presumably because it's actually just a stepping stone to use the real spell which is spwi605D since I have the Spell Deflection blocks AoE component. When I get to my original spwi605D I noticed that the last effect that checks for summoned_demon - 9 is using dvbanish.eff as a resource instead of dvgateba like in yours. Which I guess it makes sense since I don't have any dvgateba files in my default install.

Do you think that has anything to do with it? Because you were correct that if I use all your files (including adding the dvgateba ones) I get the pretty animation and all my summons and gated creatures go away.

7 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Weird, it’s 100% fine in my tests and I haven’t had any bug reports.

Ah yes, I think we may have found the weak link.

This is what I though at the time, it must be me because almost half of the components or even some parts of single components were broken somehow. And this was consistent with Blood&Magic, Faith & Powers and Might & Guile. Do you think the install tool is not ideal? I DID notice that when I downloaded some mods manually including your mods and I tried to manually install them I had a lot more options and components that were not available as an option with the tool install.

That being said, I did try once where I just made a basic EET with no mods except IR, SR and Rogue Rebalanced and then I manually installed your mods and I still had similar issues to what I had before. I haven't tried again since, some of your components worked. Like the Style Changes and the Potions for Everyone but a lot of the kits like the sorc kits and mage kits where just broken with even the wrong text entries on their description.

I would ignore this though. Next time I try make a new client I'll try to test them more carefully and see what happens. The failure was so catastrophic that I knew it probably had nothing to do with the mod itself and more with something I was doing wrong.

11 minutes ago, NdranC said:

So... You gave me 5 files, spwi605 (not D), dvbanish (eff/spl), dvgateba (eff/spl). The thing is I don't have any dvgateba (eff/spl) in my override or anywhere else according to NI.

If I understand this correctly. The file spwi605 that you gave me calls a "spell ability" with 3 "effects" on it. The first 2 of those effects use dvbanish resource to check for gender summoned - 6 and unknow - 20 and the last effect uses dvgateba resource to check for summoned_demon - 9.

If I check my spwi605 it looks differently presumably because it's actually just a stepping stone to use the real spell which is spwi605D since I have the Spell Deflection blocks AoE component. When I get to my original spwi605D I noticed that the last effect that checks for summoned_demon - 9 is using dvbanish.eff as a resource instead of dvgateba like in yours. Which I guess it makes sense since I don't have any dvgateba files in my default install.

Do you think that has anything to do with it? Because you were correct that if I use all your files (including adding the dvgateba ones) I get the pretty animation and all my summons and gated creatures go away.

I do not, but it's a possibility. The reason there's a separate "dvgateba".eff/spl" now is because you reported that the saving throw message could sometimes appear on regular, non-gateable summonables. It is similar to if you used "Hold Person" on a non-human (e.g. a wolf) and they can also display a save vs. spell message - the saving throw happens before it actually checks if they're an eligible target, creating false saving throw messages. That's what I was fixing by doing that (and also, I did a similar thing for the Hold series of spells to make sure they don't display false saving throw messages as well) - it is possible that doing so also fixed the problem, but I tested out Banishment pre-doing that and it seemed to work fine then as well (also, I can't figure out what's wrong with your SPWI605 and DVBANISH even after having you upload them, they look just as they should).

The lack of an SPWI605D file is because the Spell Deflections Block AoE Spells component creates that upon installation, it's not a pre-made file. ...Actually, should Banishment be protected against by Spell Deflection in the first place? Like, if a summonable happened to have a Spell Deflection running, should their Spell Deflection block it and prevent them from being dismissed? ...I'm not sure - current behavior is a "yes".

Anyways, here's Banishment with the "only enemies" projectile: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/yuasj8iolvvn30q/spwi605.spl

Edited by Bartimaeus

@Bartimaeus It's possible that I could just be a derp, and missed something really obvious. But the thing that sold me on something being wrong was the fight against the mage after you meet firkraag. He was alone in the room, I was the only one in the room with him (my party was behind in the hallway) and I decided to use a summon Nishruu Scroll since I didn't know how tough was he. The first thing he did after getting all of his SCS buffs (insane difficulty) was to cast banished on my nishruu. The chat was very clean because it was only one enemy, no one was attacking him except the nishruu and the banished projectile went forth and nothing happened. The nishruu didn't even display a save message.

Sigh... Out of curiosity, what is the part that changes the projectile from enemies to everybody? Is it only contained in spwi605 and nowhere else? I might try make the change to my old spwi605d and test it to see what happens.

4 minutes ago, NdranC said:

@Bartimaeus It's possible that I could just be a derp, and missed something really obvious. But the thing that sold me on something being wrong was the fight against the mage after you meet firkraag. He was alone in the room, I was the only one in the room with him (my party was behind in the hallway) and I decided to use a summon Nishruu Scroll since I didn't know how tough was he. The first thing he did after getting all of his SCS buffs (insane difficulty) was to cast banished on my nishruu. The chat was very clean because it was only one enemy, no one was attacking him except the nishruu and the banished projectile went forth and nothing happened. The nishruu didn't even display a save message.

Sigh... Out of curiosity, what is the part that changes the projectile from enemies to everybody? Is it only contained in spwi605 and nowhere else? I might try make the change to my old spwi605d and test it to see what happens.

If you open up the spell in Near Infinity, it is under "Spell Ability 0" at the bottom, then "Projectile" near the bottom of that window. Select anything that is marked as "Party Only" (e.g. a few places above the normal projectile is SPARGRPA, or 168).

Ok yeah, I did what you told me and my banished is not working correctly. All summons are getting a save, and it seems its not just a fake chat save since I quicksaved while having a Glabrezu, Nishruu, Hakeashar (which btw not sure if you fixed this but is named and looks exactly like a nishruu), a djinn which in turn summoned a lesser air elemental and my own Earth Elemental.

The first thing I noticed is that there is no animation when they "die" they just go plop and disappear. The second thing is that all of those summons are randomly going or not going. There isn't a single one of them that the spell works on the 100% of the time. Afaik, the nishruu should die 100% of the time and it isn't, it's getting a save because I've seen him die some times.

Now interestingly enough, with your updated one (that still targets party summons) I've been testing it for the last 5 minutes and no one is getting a save. And I mean I've tried it 10 times now and unless they've all gotten really unlucky with their saves I've managed to dismiss the demons, elementals and djinnis every time.