SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

23 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Yes, only that it's actually SPWI122, not SPWI014 (SPWI014 is not a normal spell that the player could cast).

Thank you, and the corrected files:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/cu9v7tjlyv4darc/scrl72.itm

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/d4ngzrfgo18ba6z/dvscrl06.itm

@Necklace: Bugger. Means there's something wrong with it. Oh well, fortunately it's an item for the PC, so not a huge deal - will investigate what's up.

Confirmed all of the changes working. Thank you very much. You have been instrumental to my enjoyment of the game.

I'm trying to make a new client and I'm getting this error:

##### Spell Revisions v4 b18 #####
### 0000: Spell Revisions ###
Ready for installation
### 0010: Deva and Planetar Animations ###
Ready for installation
### 0020: Mirror Image Fix ###
Ready for installation
### 0030: Dispel Magic Fix ###
Ready for installation
### 0040: Cure Sleep Fix ###
Ready for installation
### 0050: Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens ###
Ready for installation
### 0055: Spell Deflection blocks AoE spells ###
Ready for installation
### 0060: Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs ###
Ready for installation
### 0065: Revised HLAs ###
Ready for installation
Setup-spell_rev.exe --no-exit-pause --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view  --force-install-list 0 10 20 30 40 50 55 60 65 --logapp
[Setup-spell_rev.exe] WeiDU version 24600
Using Language [English]

[spell_rev\languages\english\arcane.tra] LEXER ERROR at line 909 column 1-4
Near Text: :
	invalid character [:]

[spell_rev\languages\english\arcane.tra]  ERROR at line 909 column 1-4
Near Text: :
	Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [spell_rev\languages\english\arcane.tra]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

D:\Games\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>

Any idea why?

I'd advise waiting a few days: I'm in the middle of going through @grodrigues ' bug reports for SR on github, so once again, downloading the latest repository at any given moment is not necessarily a guaranteed working mod as I update some files but not others, :p. I will fix that particular problem right now if you're insisting on rebuilding, though, :).

(e): Fixed, but again, I suggest waiting a few days: I'm currently through levels 1-4, still 5-9 to go. I'll be releasing a new version number once finished.

I'm starting to remember why I used to create a branch for "latest changes still not in the latest proper version release" - usually save the important testing for when I'm going to make an actual release, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus
30 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I'd advise waiting a few days: I'm in the middle of going through @grodrigues ' bug reports for SR on github, so once again, downloading the latest repository at any given moment is not necessarily a guaranteed working mod as I update some files but not others, :p. I will fix that particular problem right now if you're insisting on rebuilding, though, :).

(e): Fixed, but again, I suggest waiting a few days: I'm currently through levels 1-4, still 5-9 to go. I'll be releasing a new version number once finished.

I'm starting to remember why I used to create a branch for "latest changes still not in the latest proper version release" - usually save the important testing for when I'm going to make an actual release, :p.

Oh, np. I'll wait for sure. Maybe you should add a message to the commit with a warning. Is there a reason you don't do versioning with github?

1 hour ago, NdranC said:

Oh, np. I'll wait for sure. Maybe you should add a message to the commit with a warning. Is there a reason you don't do versioning with github?

i just work here, okay?

(what does "versioning" in relation to github mean, exactly? I'm not exactly a github expert - working with it as best as I can, more or less, haha)

It's less that I know something will break and more that silly mistakes like out of place characters that I'll immediately find once I test will occasionally occur, like you saw there.

Edited by Bartimaeus
43 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

i just work here, okay?

(what does "versioning" in relation to github mean, exactly? I'm not exactly a github expert - working with it as best as I can, more or less, haha)

It's less that I know something will break and more that silly mistakes like out of place characters that I'll immediately find once I test will occasionally occur, like you saw there.

haha yeah I'm sure it's not really a problem in general, i didn't mean it as something you should do.

What I meant was "releases" instead of "versioning". Never really used github but you can make a release and give it a version number and when people go to the repo they can either clone the repo as is or just download the last release you tagged as such. Just like base SR does it with v18 atm.

Anyway, I was just curious.

V1.2.1 released.

Changes:

1. Contagion revision to...maybe be more useful? Maybe? Also re-enabled for priests.  "This spell causes a major disease and weakness in a creature. For the following 5 rounds, the victim must save vs. poison at a -2 penalty every other round or permanently suffer a cumulative -1 penalty to strength, dexterity, constitution, and charisma. The target must also save vs. poison at a -2 penalty each round or be stricken with a terrible sluggishness for that round. The characteristic points lost from this spell can only be restored with a Cure Disease, Heal, or Greater Restoration spell. Magic resistance does not affect this spell, though the undead and certain other creatures such as elementals, constructs, and illusions are completely immune to disease."
  2. Add Friends scroll to Tranzig (BG1).
  3. AI-only Spell Immunities now disabled by default.
  4. A few more party member-only spells now handled by SR.

More important fixes:

1. Mage Armor was going to one better AC than it was supposed to.
  2. Meteor Swarm was allowing a save at -6 instead of -4.
  3. Correct all power levels for antimagics, except Breach which is exempt (as to always work on liches and rakshasas - matches SCS behavior).
  4. Power Word: Stun's 1 round stun was not supposed to be resistable. Also now displays stunned icon/message.
  5. Khelben's Warding Whip now dispels Spell Shield consistently.
  6. True Seeing protects against druid's Obscuring Mist.
  7. False Dawn is not dispelable now.
  8. Teleport Field is no longer subject to magic resistance.
  9. Fixed scrolls quantity/charges problem.
  10. Correct scroll patches for MS1 and MS9.
  11. Goodberry correctly set to druid-only again.
  12. Protection from Petrification now getting...you know, protection from petrification (at least in my tests it has).
  13. Conjure Elementals get correct summoning percentiles (1% better than it should've been).
  14. Petrification from basilisks handled a little more consistently.

Almost harmless fixes:

1. Power levels consistency fixes: Spirit Armor, Vocalize, Far Sight, Raise Dead, Greater Command, Repulsion, Physical Mirror, Animate Warrior, Ghostform, Shapechange.
  2. Dispel conditions consistency fixes: Gust of Wind, Vampiric Touch, Contagion, Farsight, True Seeing, Tenser's Transformation, Animate Warrior, False Dawn, Icy Grasp, Energy Drain.
  3. A great deal of immunity, saving throw, and/or dispelling consistency fixes: Power Word Blind, Icy Grasp, Horrid Wilting, Mind Blank, Ghostform, Freedom, Feeblemindedness, Greater Restoration, Contagion, Dolorous Decay, Improved Haste, Chaotic Commands, Dominations, Charms, Hold Monster, Hold Person, Break Enchantment, Vampiric Touch, Larloch's Minor Drain, Energy Drain, Poison, Sleep, Power Word: Sleep, Remove Paralysis, Resist Fear, Command, Ray of Enfeeblement.
  4. Some targeting fixes (harmless).
  5. Some description clarifications in regards to immunities and MR bypassability.
  6. Various summoned weapon amounts set to 1 (harmless).
  7. Healing spells remove intoxication icon (always had cured it before anyways).
  8. Bigby's Clenched Fist wasn't applying a stun icon.
  9. Poison neutralizers remove poisoned icon (is there any reason they didn't?).
  10. Un/Holy Word's graphical effect is tenatively enabled.
  11. Pierce Magic was displaying icon for 11 rounds instead of 2.

Something like all that, anyways. A lot of credit goes to @grodrigues, who found most of these: you can read his inconsistencies/bugs notes in better detail here.

It's really not as exciting as the patch notes might sound (though I am somewhat excited to see if Contagion is sort of worth using when I get the chance to play again in approximately 12 years), since a lot of that stuff was super minor things that people were mostly incapable of spotting in-game.

As for spells...not really? Mazzy's spells were fixed up a little and made to be consistent with the rest of the mod was probably the biggest one - but it was really more just making sure stuff like Quayle's invisibility was totally consistent rather than doing anything special, haha. (e): I did consider looking at Faldorn's Dread Wolf and Tiax's...ummmm...something that I already forgot, but it seemed like more trouble than it was worth.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Well, I’m really happy to see that SR v4 is going now, and I can only congratulate the modders here for the seriousness of their work and especially you, Bartimaeus. But well do you think now that you are near of the end, that SR_v4 will be released soon ? If you could give us a sure answer, not only myself but most of the BG players here will be satisfied.

3 hours ago, Prof Errata said:

Well, I’m really happy to see that SR v4 is going now, and I can only congratulate the modders here for the seriousness of their work and especially you, Bartimaeus. But well do you think now that you are near of the end, that SR_v4 will be released soon ? If you could give us a sure answer, not only myself but most of the BG players here will be satisfied.

You have an odd fixation on "final versions". Well, I'm very happy to report to you that V1.2.1 is indeed the final version of SRR - until version 1.2.2, that is, :). I'm sure we all wish that each and every mod were perfect, but the reality of mods is that there can always be things to fix or more to add on, especially ones that do as much as SR does. The only way you ever get definitively "final" versions of mods is if the author says they will no longer work on it and explicitly forbid others from doing so, and even then, people will still do stuff like the Big Fixpack to at least patch in important fixes or compatibility updates. Kreso was working on an official "final" version of SR V4 some time ago, but seems to have disappeared again. Based on the minor bugs/inconsistencies/implementation issues found since then, such a "final" designation would've proven incorrect.

Also, what @subtledoctor said.

Edited by Bartimaeus

A small V1.2.2 update:

1. Protection from Missiles is no longer 1 turn (or 2 turns), but rather 1 turn + round/level duration. A while back, @DrAzTiK pointed out that this spell was 5 turns in vanilla, though it only protected against normal missiles. This is an attempt to meet in the middle a little while not being overwhelmingly powerful at low levels. (e): Although...now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I intended to make the base duration 5 rounds, not 1 turn. ...I'll let it stand for now.
  2. Physical Mirror is no longer 2 turns, but rather 1 turn + round/level. From what I understand, it seems like that's how this spell was originally going to be designed as, but due to implementation complications involving additional 1pp/EE projectiles, simply could not be. From my testing, I have solved those complications.
  3. Better cross-compatibility between SR, SRR, and 1pp's "Spell Tweaks" component (specifically in regards to the updated Cause Wounds graphics that 1pp adds - note, not applicable to EE games).
  4. Partially fixed some Enchanted Weapon icons used for the Ninja-To +3, Wakizashi +3, and Dart +3. These icons didn't exist in non-EE games, and I ended up backporting them, but never looked to see if the backport was successful. I did recently look, and noticed that BG2:EE icons are in a different icon format than non-EE games, and so ended up modifying the bams to at least be passable. Still needs more tweaking, however.
  5. Bigby's Icy Grasp was immunizing its damage against hold-immune foes incorrectly, leading to only the first round but no subsequent doing damage against creatures like elementals. The spell also explains what types of creatures it cannot pin now, too.

@Salk I have updated the 1pp fixes. Due to SR now dynamically adding the "Cause Wounds" spells (rather than using fixed resource names), it changed some resource names which would cause the Spell Tweaks subcomponent to fail.

Edited by Bartimaeus