SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

1 hour ago, NdranC said:

Ok so I think Protection vs Petrification still doesn't work. I just had jaheira and misc get petrified by the basilisks. I'm currently doing a multiplayer play through but I would I assume that doesn't matter.

spwi108.spl, please! I tested this like 3 times before just to make sure, since it was something I very, very much did not want to show up again.

(e): I have solved the issue. The reason it wasn't working is because of a too-zealous "delete protection from spell" function related to refreshing spells (instead of dispelling them) that only goes off in EE games, which is why I was not detecting it. I can fix your copy of the spell if you give me spwi108.spl, and I've now fixed it on github.

Edited by Bartimaeus

So I'm a little confused by the install directions for this and IR: Revised. Let me make sure i get the process:

1) Unpack SpellRevisions4b into the game directory. Do not execute setup exe.

2) Unpack SR_Revised into the game directory. Do not execute setup exe.

3) Copy spell_rev folder from SR_Revised to SpellRevisions, making sure to overwrite existing. 

4) Install.

Which setup exe do I use? The one for SpellRevisions or SR_Revised? When using a mega installer such as Project Infinity, should I perform steps 1-3 in the mod download folder, or copy SpellRevisions to the game directory ahead of time?

30 minutes ago, Jarp Habib said:

So I'm a little confused by the install directions for this and IR: Revised. Let me make sure i get the process:

1) Unpack SpellRevisions4b into the game directory. Do not execute setup exe.

2) Unpack SR_Revised into the game directory. Do not execute setup exe.

3) Copy spell_rev folder from SR_Revised to SpellRevisions, making sure to overwrite existing. 

4) Install.

Which setup exe do I use? The one for SpellRevisions or SR_Revised? When using a mega installer such as Project Infinity, should I perform steps 1-3 in the mod download folder, or copy SpellRevisions to the game directory ahead of time?

You don't need step 2 - go directly to step 3 (i.e. if you unpack the .zip file from github onto desktop or whatever, simply copy the spell_rev from SR_Revised into game directory and overwrite all). The setup-spell-rev.exe version doesn't matter - use either (I was only supplying it because it had been previously horribly out of date when it was beta 15).

I've never used Project Infinity, so I can't rightly say. Does Project Infinity re-extract everything for you? If so, it'd likely overwrite SRR's files with SR's again if you did it ahead of time (which would be bad). Once installed, the weidu.log will note that it's SRR Revised under all installed SR components, so you can check if it worked correctly there.

Ok. I was concerned because it looked at first glance like SR_Revised had a full set of mod files like .tp2 and I wasn't sure how that all shook out. Project Infinity works off extracted folders, not the downloaded archives, and it seems to just copy the relevant files from the download folder, so it *should* transfer the Revised override files along with everything else. I've got an install about to start, and it's correctly reading the (Revised V1.2.2).

Another small 1.2.3 update:

1. Druids' Cone of Cold (whatever kit has it, I forget) is now properly protected from by Protection from Cold.
  2. Some minor corrected immunities for some of the newly dynamically added spells (very minor, mostly related making sure a few spells don't stack on top of each other).
  3. Petrification's original graphical effect and sound effect that used to play in vanilla is now restored (why this was removed by SR to begin with, I do not know).
  4. There is an additional settings.ini option (mainly for myself and @Salk, I think) to restore original petrification behavior. The default setting is the behavior that SR has been doing for a while, so if you want everything to stay as it is, as usual, you do not need to do anything, :). The additional setting, however, is as follows: "petrification = 1 // set to 0 for all creatures to be petrified in the old style (chunked into dust in one hit); set to 2 if you only want non-party members to do so (party members will instead get the "nice" hold-style petrification)".
  5. Prevented a crash occurring for only non-EE games if you were using SRR but not IRR (as IRR would automatically fix it - now SRR does as well). EE games were not subject to this crash.
  6. A very minor file check consistency for a fighter HLA (harmless error).
Edited by Bartimaeus

I have a couple suggestions, I'm noticing some spells don't clarify very well if they are party friendly or not. As an example you have slow, it mentions "creatures" like 3 times in the description but I know that spell only works on enemies. Another one of the top of my head is silence, it mentions creatures like 3 times and then once it mentions "enemies" I think when explaining the save part. I can make a list if you want me to but I figured I would bring it up.

I have a question, my friend (in our multiplayer game) is playing a backstabbing thief and he is complaining a little that with the multiplayer lag and delay and sometimes desyncs finding the backs of enemies is becoming a frustrating experience. I know enemies ignore this rule and they can just backstab from any angle. I was wondering if you happen to know of a way for me to modify a script file somewhere to give players this behavior. Just curious if you happen to know offhand how to do it or at least the name of the script file that I would have to find with nearinfinity.

Absolutely for spells that need better clarification. I've been working on these little by little myself (and had already done a bit of a rewrite before), but after looking at your hundredth spell, everything sort of starts sounding same, :p.

If you applied opcode 303 with type 4 (ignore positioning requirement only) and timing 9 (death permanent), that would do the trick. I'm unsure how you would want to most efficiently effect that, though.

Edited by Bartimaeus
33 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Absolutely for spells that need better clarification. I've been working on these little by little myself (and had already done a bit of a rewrite before), but after looking at your hundredth spell, everything sort of starts sounding same, :p.

If you applied opcode 303 with type 4 (ignore positioning requirement only) and timing 9 (death permanent), that would do the trick. I'm unsure how you would want to most efficiently effect that, though.

Would this be a good way to add it? I see 303 but I'm unsure of the other things you mentioned

OEndeI0.jpg

I think I know what you mean

pB8Jofl.jpg

Is this what you meant? Wouldn't this just make it so every attack is a backstab even if not coming from stealth?

Edited by NdranC
5 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

@NdranC Type 4 makes it apply to "positioning only".  I'm unsure what field in near infinity is for "type", but I would GUESS it's "stat value" here. I think you set "target" to 4 instead, which should be self (1).

THANK YOU! It worked, just for other people that might stumble on this thread this is how I did it, (used EEKeeper) just add an effect to the character.

HfcsGxY.jpg

Without you mentioning "4" I would've never guessed that since it's not documented on the UI at all.