SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

29 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

2. SRR's version of the spell uses "SPARMOR", which is an original BG2 graphic. For EE games, I have it set to patch the spell to use the 1pp effect instead (1WDSARMR, also used by the EEs) - problem is, there's a typo that's preventing it from patching correctly, so it's using the original graphic. I've now fixed it. Thanks!

I went ahead and fixed it myself. Thanks for the names.

Edited by NdranC

@Bartimaeus sorry if its an irrelevant question: I noticed there is a change in commits made recently - "Shadows/Wraiths should get their protection from critical hits" as a fix to a bug reported by @ptifab who found that shadows did not have backstab immunity. But as far as i know protection from critical hits and protection from backstab are kinda different things (backstab damage is calculated as different damage bonuses adjusted by critical hit multiplier, correct me if i am wrong). So if the idea was to give shadows immunity to backstab then it should not be limited by critical hits immunity and be implemented as full backstab immunity, so thieves, for example, did not even have a chance to perform a stealth attack vs shadows). Again, sorry if i misunderstood something.  

15 minutes ago, pochesun said:

@Bartimaeus sorry if its an irrelevant question: I noticed there is a change in commits made recently - "Shadows/Wraiths should get their protection from critical hits" as a fix to a bug reported by @ptifab who found that shadows did not have backstab immunity. But as far as i know protection from critical hits and protection from backstab are kinda different things (backstab damage is calculated as different damage bonuses adjusted by critical hit multiplier, correct me if i am wrong). So if the idea was to give shadows immunity to backstab then it should not be limited by critical hits immunity and be implemented as full backstab immunity, so thieves, for example, did not even have a chance to perform a stealth attack vs shadows). Again, sorry if i misunderstood something.  

I actually had a brainfart yesterday and thought they should have immunity to critical hits, too...but I think that's a 3E thing, or at least it doesn't appear to be enforced throughout the BG series, so I'm going to go ahead and revert that. @ptifab From what I can see, "undtype.itm" has protection from backstabs at effect 83 (opcode 292), and shadowsu and wraithsu both have it equipped.

6 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I actually had a brainfart yesterday and thought they should have immunity to critical hits, too...but I think that's a 3E thing, or at least it doesn't appear to be enforced throughout the BG series, so I'm going to go ahead and revert that. @ptifab From what I can see, "undtype.itm" has protection from backstabs at effect 83 (opcode 292), and shadowsu and wraithsu both have it equipped.

Oh yes, it must have been my tired red 3 a.m eyes that didn't catch it, sorry for that

9 hours ago, Guest morgan said:

My life was destroyed when my husband sent me packing, after 13 years we have been together. I was lost and helpless after trying so many ways to my husband back to me. One day at work, I was distracted, not knowing that my boss called me, so he sat and asked me what it was all about, I told him and he smiled and said it was no problem. I never understood what he meant by it was no problem getting back my husband, he said he used a spell to get back his wife when she left him for another man, and now they are together till date and initially I was shocked hearing something from my boss. He gave me an email address of the LORD NOBEL which helped him get his wife back, I never believed that this would work, but I had no choice coming into contact with the sayings that I get done, and he asked for my information and that my husband was able to propose to throw him the spell and I sent him the details, but after two days, my mother called me that my husband was pleading that he wants me back, I never believed, because it was just a dream and I had to rush off to my mother's place and to my greatest surprise, was kneeling my husband beg me for forgiveness that he wants me and the child back home, when I gave LORD NOBEL a conversation regarding sudden change of my husband and he made clear to me that my husband will love me until the end of the world, that he will never leave for another woman. Now me and my husband is back together and started doing funny things he has not done before, he makes me happy and do what it is supposed to do as a man without nagging. Please if you need help of any kind need, please contact LORD NOBEL for help.

(e): removed spam website link + email from quote, don't need to increase their SEO

Edited by Bartimaeus
2 hours ago, Hoverdawg said:

he was a good man. what a rotten way to die

You forgot the audible lip smack!

@ptifab @subtledoctorConfirmed scroll issue, Necromancy, Illusion, and Evocation scrolls are being set to the wrong kit usabilities by subtledoctor's school-setting function. Though ptifab reported that it should be 0x2e instead of 0x2f, I think what it actually is is the two bit writes are swapped. 0x2f should get the 00, 0x2d should get the value.

So, for example, on line 526:

WRITE_BYTE 0x2d ("0x00") //blocked:
WRITE_BYTE 0x2f ("0x04") //blocked: illusionists

...just swap the 0x2d and 0x2f.

On 9/7/2018 at 2:30 AM, Bartimaeus said:

Reflected Image: This spell was seriously nerfed by Kreso when he changed it from always being 50% per attack to being 50% for one attack per round.

Going back to your first post, I noticed this, and i have to defend Kreso a bit.  50% chance to absorb every hit is IMHO way too powerful for a 1st-level spell.  The current SR version does this:

• If you are only being attacked once per round, then that attack has a 50% chance to be absorbed.  Note, this is exactly the same as the version you liked with a 50% chance to absorb an attack overall.  Also if you are only facing one hit per round, you probably aren't really in much danger and don't need to spell to do much work.
  • If you are being attacked twice per round or more, then the spell will generally block 1 hit per round.  This is a good, interesting defense, and quite effective for a 1st-level spell.  For a caster, it can very well be the difference between getting a spell off vs. being interrupted.
  • A 50% chance to absorb every hit is what SR's Physical Mirror does, which is a 6th-level spell.

Also note that if you have a Luck bonus, like from Bard Song, then I think that 50% chance jumps to 100%, improving the function of Reflected Image.  (I don't know if that affects Physical Mirror too... if so, and Demi didn't realize it, that could definitely be a problem.)

Is there a way to make Sequencers and Contingencies not consume spell charges when preparing them? I know @subtledoctor has I similar component in Blood and Magic but I'm half-way through my playthrough with SCS's similar component and I would rather avoid having to shake my mod install too much and instead make some NI edits myself.

I was looking at them in NearInfinity and I noticed there is a couple OP codes that trigger, store and release sequencers but I can't tell anything overly obvious about how to prevent them from using charges. Is this doable with small edits?

5 minutes ago, NdranC said:

Is there a way to make Sequencers and Contingencies not consume spell charges when preparing them?

Well, if you change the spells from being a regular mage spell into innate spells and give the characters a couple of charges, they won't use the mage spells slots... anymore.

16 minutes ago, NdranC said:

Is there a way to make Sequencers and Contingencies not consume spell charges when preparing them? I know @subtledoctor has I similar component in Blood and Magic but I'm half-way through my playthrough with SCS's similar component and I would rather avoid having to shake my mod install too much and instead make some NI edits myself.

I was looking at them in NearInfinity and I noticed there is a couple OP codes that trigger, store and release sequencers but I can't tell anything overly obvious about how to prevent them from using charges. Is this doable with small edits?

That version of sequencers requires changes to UI.menu.  The code was given to me by Kjeron:

Spoiler

COPY_EXISTING ~UI.MENU~ ~override~
	REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~mageScreen:SequenceSpell( bookSpells\[currentBookSpell\].resref, bookSpells\[currentBookSpell\].masterResref )~ ~mageScreen:SequenceSpell( bookSpells[currentBookSpell].resref, 'DEFAULT' )~
	REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~mageScreen:UnSequenceSpell( bottomSpells\[currentBottomSpell\].resref, bottomSpells\[currentBottomSpell\].masterResref )~ ~mageScreen:UnSequenceSpell( bottomSpells[currentBottomSpell].resref, 'DEFAULT' )~

INCLUDE	~TomeAndBlood/lib/SEQUENCER_MENU.TPA~

OUTER_SPRINT	resref ~DEFAULT~
OUTER_SPRINT custom ~~~~~
	function()
		local out = {}
		if characters[id].mageSpells ~= nil and characters[id].mageSpells[currentSpellLevel] ~= nil then
			for k,v in pairs(characters[id].mageSpells[currentSpellLevel]) do
				if mageScreen:SpellAllowedForContingency(v.level, v.resref) then
					if mageScreen:SpellSwappedInContingency(v.resref) then
						for key,value in pairs(contingencySwapTable) do
							value.castableCount = v.castableCount
							value.level = v.level
							table.insert(out, value)
						end
					else
						table.insert(out, v)
					end
				end
			end
		end
		if characters[id].priestSpells ~= nil and characters[id].priestSpells[currentSpellLevel] ~= nil then
			for k,v in pairs(characters[id].priestSpells[currentSpellLevel]) do
							value.level = v.level
							table.insert(out, value)
						end
					else
						table.insert(out, v)
					end
				end
			end
		end
		bookSpells = out
	end~~~~~
LAF	CREATE_SEQUENCER_MENU	STR_VAR	resref = ~~ custom = ~nil~	END
APPEND	~M_SQTOOL.LUA~	~~~~~SequencerMenu['%resref%'] = %WNL%%custom%~~~~~

No idea whether that will work if you apply it over a different Innate Sequencers mod.  If you are brave enough to try, definitely back up your game first. Me personally, I would just wait and use the different mod in my next playthrough.  These games really don't like to  be modded mid-stream.  Though, like I say, if you back up the game first then it doesn't hurt to try.

Also, from a balance perspective, if the sequencers themselves don't cost spell slots, and the spells you put into them don't cost spell slots... are you just getting a million instant spell casts for free?  There's a reason the four versions of Innate Sequencers in TnB cost slots for the spells you put in them, and the version that doesn't costs slots for the sequencers themselves.  You've gotta have a restraint on their use somewhere... (Also, the TnB versions can only be prepare out of combat - the point of the spell is not to instantly cast three other spells in the heat of battle, that you didn't have prepared beforehand. (Though if the game clock kept running while you set up your sequencer, like it did in the inventory screen in original BG1, I would happily relent on this point.))

Edited by subtledoctor
42 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

That version of sequencers requires changes to UI.menu.  The code was given to me by Kjeron:

Reveal hidden contents

COPY_EXISTING ~UI.MENU~ ~override~
	REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~mageScreen:SequenceSpell( bookSpells\[currentBookSpell\].resref, bookSpells\[currentBookSpell\].masterResref )~ ~mageScreen:SequenceSpell( bookSpells[currentBookSpell].resref, 'DEFAULT' )~
	REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~mageScreen:UnSequenceSpell( bottomSpells\[currentBottomSpell\].resref, bottomSpells\[currentBottomSpell\].masterResref )~ ~mageScreen:UnSequenceSpell( bottomSpells[currentBottomSpell].resref, 'DEFAULT' )~

INCLUDE	~TomeAndBlood/lib/SEQUENCER_MENU.TPA~

OUTER_SPRINT	resref ~DEFAULT~
OUTER_SPRINT custom ~~~~~
	function()
		local out = {}
		if characters[id].mageSpells ~= nil and characters[id].mageSpells[currentSpellLevel] ~= nil then
			for k,v in pairs(characters[id].mageSpells[currentSpellLevel]) do
							value.level = v.level
							table.insert(out, value)
						end
					else
						table.insert(out, v)
					end
				end
			end
		end
		if characters[id].priestSpells ~= nil and characters[id].priestSpells[currentSpellLevel] ~= nil then
			for k,v in pairs(characters[id].priestSpells[currentSpellLevel]) do
							value.level = v.level
							table.insert(out, value)
						end
					else
						table.insert(out, v)
					end
				end
			end
		end
		bookSpells = out
	end~~~~~
LAF	CREATE_SEQUENCER_MENU	STR_VAR	resref = ~~ custom = ~nil~	END
APPEND	~M_SQTOOL.LUA~	~~~~~SequencerMenu['%resref%'] = %WNL%%custom%~~~~~

No idea whether that will work if you apply it over a different Innate Sequencers mod.  If you are brave enough to try, definitely back up your game first. Me personally, I would just wait and use the different mod in my next playthrough.  These games really don't like to  be modded mid-stream.  Though, like I say, if you back up the game first then it doesn't hurt to try.

Also, from a balance perspective, if the sequencers themselves don't cost spell slots, and the spells you put into them don't cost spell slots... are you just getting a million instant spell casts for free?  There's a reason the four versions of Innate Sequencers in TnB cost slots for the spells you put in them, and the version that doesn't costs slots for the sequencers themselves.  You've gotta have a restraint on their use somewhere... (Also, the TnB versions can only be prepare out of combat - the point of the spell is not to instantly cast three other spells in the heat of battle, that you didn't have prepared beforehand. (Though if the game clock kept running while you set up your sequencer, like it did in the inventory screen in original BG1, I would happily relent on this point.))

Balance:

Yeah, I'm toying around with the place Sequencers have in my gameplay. As someone that doesn't like to massively pre-buff (insert Overlord meme) or spam rests I though using Sequencers as Innate abilities would be great for "Buffing quickly in the middle of battle" if I had the foresight to prepare them ahead of time. The problem that I'm encountering at the moment is that is getting tiresome to manage all of them on all my mages since I'm having to sleep twice in a row, once to recover my spells and once to recover my spells that I just put in my sequencers. The end result is that most if not all of the time sequencers don't cost me spell charges but the trade-off is the tedium of resting.

Honestly, the reason why I wanted Innate sequencers to begin with was that I like metamagic in 5e and I felt that would make my sorcerer feel more like a 5e sorcerer. But after using them for a while I'm not sure they are creating the desired effect.

I think as long as sequencers can't be casted in combat not using charges in "theory" should not be an issue. I would also not purposely abuse them but that is up to the way I play the game.

------------------------------------

UI.menu code:

So in theory, since I already have the SCS component that makes sequencers innate, I should just be able to add that code to my UI.menu (anywhere?) and they should not use charges?

Edited by NdranC