SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

11 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Too bad the game doesn't allow you to cast anything at long range, cause you need to be able to detect the space, and you cannot. No, even the clearvoyance allows this.

Yes, the maximum in-game is actually 26, but for SR's purpose (i.e. what someone such as @Chitown Willie would see when examining spells in Near Infinity), those numbers are the ones used.

Edited by Bartimaeus
On 1/4/2022 at 1:21 PM, Jarno Mikkola said:

Too bad the game doesn't allow you to cast anything at long range, cause you need to be able to detect the space, and you cannot. No, even the clearvoyance allows this.

It can be done - my psionics mod has a HLA-level ability that allows you to use psi powers on anyone you can see anywhere, including by Clairvoyance or via a hidden scout or Wizard Eye.

Implementation is not simple, though.

5 hours ago, Chosen said:

Can you check if the "slowing web" option in the settings is working? I set it up to 1 but web is still halting like it used too.

Send on over spwi215.spl from your override, and I'll see if I can fix it.

4 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

It can be done - my psionics mod has a HLA-level ability that allows you to use psi powers on anyone you can see anywhere, including by Clairvoyance or via a hidden scout or Wizard Eye.

Implementation is not simple, though.

IIRC, there's a flag for spells that allow them to targeted beyond the caster's line of sight (although enabling it basically allows you to cheat) - I'd imagine you'd have to be using that, right?

Edited by Bartimaeus

I overwrote web spell myself after I posted and didn't prepare a backup(which is stupid in hindsight). I would probably make another setup soon(for an unrelated cause), if issue persists in that setup as well I will share the spell file.

Edited by Chosen
5 hours ago, Chosen said:

I overwrote web spell myself after I posted and didn't prepare a backup(which is stupid in hindsight). I would probably make another setup soon(for an unrelated cause), if issue persists in that setup as well I will share the spell file.

I identified the issue and corrected it in the latest repository version of the mod at least, so thank you!

11 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

there's a flag for spells that allow them to targeted beyond the caster's line of sight (although enabling it basically allows you to cheat) - I'd imagine you'd have to be using that, right?

That, and subspells and conditional spellstates to make sure you can only use super-range in the appropriate circumstances. Just to say, as a technical matter this can be done right if someone wanted to. Could make for cool Diviner-only special abilities, or something. 

12 hours ago, Chitown Willie said:

I'm in the same boat.

I downloaded the revised .spl:

SR_Revised/spell_rev/shared/alternatives/spwi215.spl

Can I just copy over the existing one in the "override" directory?

Not unless you're O.K. with the spell not having the correct name/description - those are only set upon installation. Feel free to upload your current version and I'll correct it.

Edited by Bartimaeus
On 12/21/2021 at 5:52 PM, Relay said:

Hey, I've been having a strange issue with summoned monster AI. Monsters will be summoned and stand still as if their script is hung. On a clean BGEE install SR v4b18 monster AI works just fine but the SRR version of the DV******.bcs files all hang. I can't see anything in the script that seems wrong, and the changes are super minor anyays. The weirdest thing I noticed is that just by recompiling the file in NI the script will start working again. So... out of my league, figured I'd pick your brain.

I too am having this issue, as are several people in the G3 Discord Chat. I believe SRR or SR in general is also causing incompatibilities with the latest release of SCS, based off similar bug reports in the G3 chat and scattered in the SCS forums.

edit: just to follow-up, I don't think it's actually your mod or Spell Revisions. Batch install in SCS was causing memory errors + the typo in the Druid script was causing a separate error.

Edited by JediMindTrix

I'm not sure if this is SRR or SCS, but I've noticed that sometimes when enemy casters do their prebuff sequence, they will somehow Maze one or more of my party. It happens instantly, with no message in the log, no discernible source that I can find. Seems to be somewhat rare, and requires proximity to the caster. Maybe some funky scripting mixup or something?

By the way I feel like current iteration of cause wounds spell are little bit overtuned, especially if you have good attack bonuses you find yourself one-shotting anything with no save touch attacks. Of course melee attackers can deal similar damage in a turn but I found serious/critical wounds especially deadly. Though this may be a little biased because while cause x spell are are dangerous mage spells of equal circles are not that much less powerful so I don't know if this a fair criticism. Only reason they don't feel oppressive is enemy clerics can rarely use them since 1) party AC is generally higher than enemies 2) Player knows to interrupt spells and can kill enemy clerics quickly (at least so much faster than enemy mages). On other hand I fell vampiric touch is a little bit undertuned(I made it deal 4 every 2 levels).

I am playing this run with IWD divine spells from SCS. For most part it is seamless though there are few duplicated spells like physical mirror appears twice at both lvl5(scs vanilla) and lvl6(SRR). I did a few edits with NearInfinity in that cases and quite enjoying the run otherwise so I recommend trying a divine caster with that setup to anybody using SRR.