Vacation notice

Meira

Pictures! *knocks on the table, kicks on the floor* Pictures! *knocks on the table, kicks on the floor*... :D

You asked for it! Remember that you can only blame yourself if you get the 'boring holiday pictures' -stroke.

Stockholm's Old Town (Gamla Stan).

stockholm01.jpg

Narrow alleyways are characteristic for old towns in many cities.

stockholm02.jpg

Another picture from Gamla Stan, we had cup of tea in cafeteria located in the basement of the red building.

stockholm03.jpg

In Historiska Museet (Museum of History) we were given evidence that Vikings were indeed no strangers to consuming alcohol...

This picture stone from Tängelgårda on the island of Gotland shows several people with drinking horns. In the Viking Age alcoholic drinks could be brewed, most popular were mead and ale.

historiska01.jpg

Vasa ship - a 17th century Swedish warship that capsized on her maiden voyage - was breathtaking.

vasa01.jpg

The hotel we were staying was divine - by it's name at least. :) (Oden = Odin = Allfather, the chief divinity of the Norse pantheon)

stockholm04.jpg

Back home!

helsinki01.jpg

Heh, boring vacation pictures are rarer than you'd think. As long as it's not: "this is me, walking on the beach", "this is me, eating an icecream", "this is me, walking on the beach".... then there's a good chance it's doable. Historical pictures (I mean, an image of a Viking drinking feast... only cooler thing would be the horns) are good, landscapes are doable, and pictures with funny stories behind them rule :D.

Seriously, these are very nice shots. I really like the boat (have any more of those? :) ), as I'm one of those who loved the history classes in school.

Seriously, these are very nice shots. I really like the boat (have any more of those? :) ), as I'm one of those who loved the history classes in school.

Most of the pictures we took of the ship turned out pretty dark, there we some good ones like the one I posted, though. There are some nice pictures at that Vasa's website (www.vasamuseet.se) - the pages are available in English too.

We'll be out and about from 7th to 16th of January. And that means no internet. :O

I kind of toyed with the idea of getting something kind of released before that, but... Sorry about that folks. :D

Archived