Sword Coast Stratagems v31 Now Available

Guest mobias

Hi everyone- my first post here as I've just started my first play of BG:EE and saw this mod and it sounds very well done. I got through the install fine, but when I click the BG:EE shortcut in steam my pc buzzes for a few as if its thinking of launching,...then absolutely nothing. I searched here for 'won't launch' and 'wont start' and dont come up with anything. Have I done anything wrong? My game folder is installed in my own 'games' folder not in program files etc. for the record. Otherwise I pointed to its directory during install and the install went fine without a hitch. At a loss and frustrated as i'm excited to get started!

2 hours ago, Guest mobias said:

Hi everyone- my first post here as I've just started my first play of BG:EE and saw this mod and it sounds very well done. I got through the install fine, but when I click the BG:EE shortcut in steam my pc buzzes for a few as if its thinking of launching,...then absolutely nothing. I searched here for 'won't launch' and 'wont start' and dont come up with anything. Have I done anything wrong? My game folder is installed in my own 'games' folder not in program files etc. for the record. Otherwise I pointed to its directory during install and the install went fine without a hitch. At a loss and frustrated as i'm excited to get started!

Hi. You need to have Modmerge or DLC Merger installed before installing SCS.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50441/modmerge-merge-your-steam-gog-zip-based-dlc-into-something-weidu-nearinfinity-dltcep-can-use

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71305/mod-dlc-merger-merge-steam-gog-sod-dlc-or-custom-dlcs-with-the-main-game

A full installation of SCS is very hard for a first playthrough btw.

Edited by Lilaina

Thanks Lilaina, that ultimately worked on my pc. Author should REALLY add that into the installation part of his readme!  I tried the exact same process on my wife's laptop and for some reason it would still launch to default/non SCS BG:EE... couldn't figure that out. Ended up copying my entire game folder over to her laptops, and she just used her saved game data.Noticed SCS removes some portraits for some reason, had to find a portrait mod to add them back.  Wish I could figure that out.  Now, off to find if there's any solution to the repeating command/banter issue i notice right away. The characters say the same thing over and over sequentially, whereas before it was pretty random. ugh.

You said the game will be a bit hard for me eh? I guess i'm up for the challenge then, as I didn't really know what components I 'shouldn't' have included...

Heya everyone~

I got a freeze game problem and I dont know how to fix it.When we challenge faldorn in the druid grove, she launched creeping doom and the game simply freeze. Not crashing, but freeze, no moving the cursor or anything. I can alt tab out and window cursor move fine, but not the game cursor.

I try both Jaheira and Cernd. It's definitely the moment when Creeping Doom projectile hit my challenger that is the freeze. And it's Faldorn casting that trigger the bug. I try Jaheira casting it (elsewhere) and she does it just fine.

I try lower graphic details to no avail. So is windowed mode.

My game is just BG2 complete with fixpack and SCS 31. NO other mods.

Help! 

EDIT: well, I can find a way around it for now, but that doesnt mean I know how to fix it. I cheat in the Rift Device, and use it at the correct timing to break Faldorn's casting creating a Casting Failure state thus the Creeping Doom spell not activate. If next time this same problem happen I STILL wouldnt know how to fix it.

So, again: HAAAAAAALP?!

Edited by laclongquan

I had enough. This is the last chance. Gonna post the weidu log:

Spoiler

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~ASSASSINATIONS/ASSASSINATIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Assassinations mod for Baldur's Gate II: v15
~BACKBRYNNLAW/BACKBRYNNLAW.TP2~ #0 #0 // Back to Brynnlaw mod for Baldur's Gate II: v7
~C#SB_SILBER/SETUP-C#SB_SILBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Adalon's Blood - Modification for BGII by Gandalf the white: 14
~EILISTRAEE/SETUP-EILISTRAEE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Eilistraee's Song -> Yes, but don't patch the existing save games: 6.6
~HIDDENADVENTURE/HIDDENADVENTURE.TP2~ #1 #0 // Lady Elgea's extended plot: beta_4
~HIDDENADVENTURE/HIDDENADVENTURE.TP2~ #1 #1 // Anomen's extended plot: beta_4
~HIDDENADVENTURE/HIDDENADVENTURE.TP2~ #1 #2 // Jerlia's Ore Shop: beta_4
~HIDDENADVENTURE/HIDDENADVENTURE.TP2~ #1 #3 // Elven holy water in the Temple of Lathander: beta_4
~HIDDENADVENTURE/HIDDENADVENTURE.TP2~ #1 #4 // Wave Blade in Treasury: beta_4
~HIDDENADVENTURE/HIDDENADVENTURE.TP2~ #1 #6 // Bards can spend the night at the festival (Five Flagons): beta_4
~HIDDENADVENTURE/HIDDENADVENTURE.TP2~ #1 #7 // A bard for the bard stronghold: beta_4
~HIDDENADVENTURE/HIDDENADVENTURE.TP2~ #1 #8 // Silver Sword: beta_4
~HIDDENADVENTURE/HIDDENADVENTURE.TP2~ #1 #9 // A Tunnel for Saradush: beta_4
~HIDDENADVENTURE/HIDDENADVENTURE.TP2~ #1 #10 // Temple of Mask in Docks District: beta_4
~ISNF/ISNF.TP2~ #0 #0 // Colours of Infinity: I Shall Never Forget: 5.7
~OOZE/OOZE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ooze's Lounge: a new area under Athkatlan Slums: 2.3
~SELLSWORDS/SELLSWORDS.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Sellswords mod for Baldur's Gate II: v7
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie, Anomen, Jaheira and Viconia React to Romantic Encounters: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Storms and Lightning, by berelinde (Weathermistress Ada, adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aimi's Magic, by berelinde (adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Anishai's Deft Hands, by cmorgan: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #4 // An Evening with Aran, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bjornin's Desire, by jastey (adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Bodhi's Allure, by Kulyok (adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Trademeet with Guildmistress Busya, by magrat: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #8 // The Gambling Cambion, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Chanelle's Gifts, by cmorgan (adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #10 // A Night with Coran, by magrat: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Cyric's Test, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #12 // A Tryst with a Pirate Lord, by Kulyok (Desharik, adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #13 // A Lonely Dryad, by Kulyok (adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edwin's Softer Side, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Eldoth' Exploits, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #16 // Elhan's Expansion, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #17 // Firkraag's Unsheathed Sword: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Gaelan's Contract, by Evaine Dian: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #19 // A Walk with Garren Windspear, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Enter Haer'Dalis, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Hendak's Heart, by jastey: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #22 // Ilona, a Merchant's Daughter, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #23 // Jarlaxle's Fascinations, by Catseye: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #24 // A Night with Lais in Imnesvale, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #25 // Laran's Promise, by berelinde (adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Love Song of Logan, Lord Coprith, by Ajnos: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #27 // Mekrath and Nymphology, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #28 // Mira's Special Stock, by berelinde: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #29 // Noober Returns, by cmorgan: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #30 // Rebecca the Gypsy, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #31 // Renal Bloodscalp: A Dangerous Affair, by cmorgan (adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #32 // Old Ribald's Speciality, by Evaine Dian: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #33 // Sir Ryan Trawl, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #34 // Saemon, a Pirate, by Kulyok (adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #35 // Dreaming of Sendai, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #36 // Sheri the Bardess, by cmorgan (adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #37 // Solaufein in the Lust Chambers, by jastey: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #38 // Phaere's Reward, by berelinde (Talak, pleasure slave, adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #39 // Spell Research with Teos, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #40 // A fling with Yoshimo, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #41 // Isabelle's Fears, by gertjanvh (adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #42 // Anne's Rescue, by gertjanvh (adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #43 // The Queen, by Domi: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #44 // Valygar Romance, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #45 // Rehearsal with Chandra, by Western Paladin: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #46 // Goldander Blackenrock: After a Party, by magrat: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #47 // A Chat with Viekang, by magrat: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #48 // Bravery or Folly? by Aeryn (Sarevok, adult content): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #49 // Blame the Moon, by Aeryn (Cernd): v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #50 // Cernick's Confession, by Cal Jones: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #51 // Valygar Romance ToB, by Kulyok: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #52 // Minsc. Takes. A Bath, by Thimblerig: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #53 // Nizidramanii'yt's Vanity, by Thimblerig: v12
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #54 // Date Night, by SisterVigilante: v12
~SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS/SETUP-SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Skip Chateau Irenicus: 3.0
~SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS/SETUP-SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS.TP2~ #0 #102 // Deal with skipped NPCs -> All available NPCs: 3.0
~SOUTHERNEDGE/SOUTHERNEDGE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Southern Edge: the new district of Athkatla -> Yes, but don't patch the existing save games: 2.30
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations": v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Yoshimo's Original Portrait: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // The Murder of Acton Balthis, by Kulyok: v26
~AMBER/AMBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Amber the NPC MOD: v5
~EVANDRA/SETUP-EVANDRA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Evandra NPC: v2.2
~EVANDRA/SETUP-EVANDRA.TP2~ #0 #1 // Crossmod Content: v2.2
~DEARNISE/DEARNISE.TP2~ #0 #0 // de'Arnise Romance for Baldur's Gate II: v6
~FOUNDLING/FOUNDLING.TP2~ #0 #0 // Foundling: Between the Shades -> Yes, but don't patch the existing save games: 4.2
~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey: V5
~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #2 // Alternate portraits -> Install Alternate Kelsey portrait set #1, by Karse Soze (hooded Kelsey)?: V5
~SETUP-KETO.TP2~ #0 #0 // Keto-SOA NPC V2: V5
~SETUP-KETO.TP2~ #0 #1 // Keto/Kelsey Interaction (Requires Kelsey-SOA): V5
~SETUP-KETO.TP2~ #0 #2 // Banter Accelerator: V5
~NINDE/NINDE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ninde NPC Mod for BGII: v2
~CALIN/CALIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Calin for BG2: v1.3
~THEBEAURINLEGACY/THEBEAURINLEGACY.TP2~ #0 #1000 // The Beaurin Legacy for BG2:SoA & ToB & BGII:EE: v3.5
~THEBEAURINLEGACY/THEBEAURINLEGACY.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Change Minyae's class to Enchanter (from Enchanter/Thief): v3.5
~KELDORN_ROM/KELDORN_ROM.TP2~ #0 #0 // berelinde's Keldorn Romance: 5
~KELDORN_ROM/KELDORN_ROM.TP2~ #0 #4 // Romance Match -> Romance is available to LG/NG/CG/LN/N protagonists: 5
~KELDORN_ROM/KELDORN_ROM.TP2~ #0 #5 // More youthful-looking portrait by Senka: 5
~KELDORN_ROM/KELDORN_ROM.TP2~ #0 #8 // Select Keldorn's dialogue timer: -> Speed (Default): minimum 30 minutes (SoA)/45 minutes (ToB) real time between dialogues: 5
~XAN/XAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II: v17
~XAN/XAN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install alternate class for Xan? -> Change Xan's class to Fighter/Mage: v17
~XAN/XAN.TP2~ #0 #6 // Xan's Alternate Voice by Joey Bracken: v17
~YVETTE/SETUP-YVETTE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Yvette Romance - BG2 Romance Character: 4.0
~YVETTE/SETUP-YVETTE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Yvette Romance - alternative class (Pure Heartwarder): 4.0
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1910 // Protection from Normal Missiles also blocks Arrows of Fire/Cold/Acid and similar projectiles without pluses: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Modify the Harm spell so it does damage rather than reducing target to 1 hp -> Enemy Harm spells reduce target to 1 hit point; player Harm spells do 150 hp of damage: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Allow individual versions of Spell Immunity to be placed into Contingencies and Spell Triggers: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Make Minute Meteors into +2 weapons: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Slightly weaken insect plague spells, and let fire shields block them: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Slightly increase the power of Mantle, Improved Mantle, and Absolute Immunity: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Make spell sequencers, spell triggers, and contingencies learnable by all mages: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Add an extra copy of some hard-to-find spell scrolls: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // True Sight/True Seeing spells protect from magical blindness: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2180 // Prevent Simulacra and Projected Images from using magical items: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3041 // Reduce the number of Arrows of Dispelling in stores -> Stores sell a maximum of 5 Arrows of Dispelling: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures protection from Web and Entangle: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Improved shapeshifting: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 2/3 the normal rate: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4180 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5020 // Remove the blur graphic effect from the Cloak of Displacement: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5030 // Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic): v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v31
// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v31

one of these mods or two or three or maybe even more is giving me so much pain for so long that I can barely even walk, I mean "kit effects remove error" in SCS 31 Smarter General AI. The question is which one??? I dunno LOL

Someone help?

1 hour ago, Zutroy said:

Any particular reason to use SCS v31 instead of v32?

If you have a 32 bit computer..

~FOUNDLING/FOUNDLING.TP2~ #0 #0 // Foundling: Between the Shades -> Yes, but don't patch the existing save games: 4.2

Should have a kit attached to it... but I can't be sure about even it.

No problem.

SCS 31

When Foundling is installed (i was using v4.2 but new 4.3 version gives the same error) SCS installs fine up to the "Smarter General AI" component which will give exactly this "resref_QD_MCF03_KIT Effects remove", patching failed ...1.cre ...2cre etc. etc.  MCF026....MCF027 etc... ect... 

then it will screw up the smarter mages and the entire AI portion of SCS practically which means entire SCS basically. Sry for english.