Advice on SR stability

DavidW

I'm just revising my local v32 to upgrade its allowance for SR, but looking at this thread it's not clear to me what the appropriate version of SR is at the moment - there is the v3 on the download page (very out of date), the GitHub version (about 2 years old), "SRR", which I think is a third party's personal project but also being used by others, and maybe others I'm missing too. And there are continuing discussions about potentially quite large changes to the system.

Can someone advise me as to (a) whether SR is currently stable enough for me to code AI around it, and (b) if so, which is the "official" version I ought to be working with?

• v3 is essentially out of date
  • v4b14 is Demi's last release
  • v4b15 is kreso's continuation, essentially officially approved
  • SR Revised is Bartimaeus' personalized version, forked off v4b15

Right now, v4b15 is probably what you should be coding around. It has some compatibility issues with non-EE games, which is why it wasn't released on GitHub. However, the changes there are official. There are no plans at this time to incorporate Bartimaeus' changes wholesale.

However, Mad Mate and subtledoctor have recently begun incorporating some of the fixes that Bartimaeus reported as well as fixing other issues in v4b15, so a working v4b16 is on the way. I don't think it will have much in the way of conceptual changes, just bugfixes.