SCS and the difficulty slider

2 hours ago, DavidW said:

The widget is the only way I know to make finer-grained changes, e.g. to turn off mage prebuffing or dragon hit point boosts. I'd love to be able to do that through something more deeply integrated into the UI, but so far as I can tell that's not possible.

Actually, thinking about EE UI customizability, I spoke too soon. Something to think about, though not a priority.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:35 AM, CamDawg said:

To be fair, this is because Carbos is kitted as an assassin in 2.5, a bug which is being fixed in 2.6.

Haha, sounds more like a feature than a bug. I, for one, would keep it as is! (Though I can certainly understand the change -- a little early for such a deadly situation)

52 minutes ago, Lightbringer said:

Haha, sounds more like a feature than a bug. I, for one, would keep it as is! (Though I can certainly understand the change -- a little early for such a deadly situation)

Well, it's a stealth bug in 2.5, since it has virtually no in-game effect - it's just that SCS pays attention to classes and kits. SCS v32 reverts it in any case.

5 minutes ago, DrAzTiK said:

me I don't understand

Well, instead of a widget accessible via in-game special skill icon, DavidW plans to add an additional tab and page to the options screen in where he can add the options. And even as it shouts mods!,I am more than fine with the effort. Nice. 

3 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Well, instead of a widget accessible via in-game special skill icon, DavidW plans to add an additional tab and page to the options screen in where he can add the options. And even as it shouts mods!,I am more than fine with the effort. Nice. 

An added page is a bit too much, at least for now. Pressing that button triggers the dialog that controls the difficulty settings. It's a replacement for the innate ability.

That said, I don't see a reason in principle why it couldn't be integrated more broadly - but that's a task for another time (and another version of SCS).

Well, it was never in dispute that it was a ‘better approach’; the question was whether it was technically viable and something I wanted to spend the time on. It turns out that it was, and that I got interested.

But: while it would also be a ‘better approach’ on vanilla BG2, the widget is staying there because the UI isn’t as editable there. And while it would be better to have the difficulty interface on EE operate through a screen than through a dialog, I don’t think that’s doable either.