Anti magic attacked on Mac scs v31 still using area of effect

I downloaded osx-stratagems-v31.tar.gz on my Mac, for the enhanced Edition of Baldurs Gate II. Installation seemed to be okay. When I play the game in the spell description for Spell Strikes talks about "closest hostile creature to the point that the spell caster designates" and this is how the spell behaves I can even target the ground I dont need to target a enemy.

I thought version 31 of SCS did not use an area of effect or did I not understand correctly?? I said yes to the option below.

In the read me file I see:

"Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility

This component changes those spells which target a creature's spell defences (e.g. Secret Word, Spellstrike, Ruby Ray of Reversal - but not Breach) so as to allow them to target creatures which are protected by Improved Invisibility. The idea of this component is that these spells can now be cast on enemy mages who are protected by Improved Invisibility - this makes the Improved Invisibility / Spell Immunity: Divination combination less overpowering.

Prior to version 16, this component worked by giving the spells a small area of effect. This option remains, as a legacy component, for those who prefer it.

The antimagic attacks of enemy mages will bypass Improved Invisibility even if you don't install this component."

which I assume means no area of effect as the default behaviour.