Progress Reports

jmaeq

1 hour ago, Arthas said:

Hello,
is there any particular reason you chose for Minyae not to banter with Foundling in ToB?

Hello!

All of the crossmod banters were written before Minyae was released for ToB, so I didn't have any content crossmod content for ToB. I believe the only NPC that Minyae has a banter with in ToB is jastey's Ajantis, and that was only because she brought more ideas into the mix that fit and flowed very well.

I would like to commend you and @jastey for that.You cooperated with each other to write banters for custom npc(s) of opposite alignment.. how cool is that?

Anyway... back to the topic. Let's just say that I had a dream party of:

myself,
Imoen,
Minyae
Edwin
Anomen
Foundling

That's why I had that question about Foundling. I will consider switching Foundling or w/e. I saw that it is recommended to bring Edwin. Maybe I will bring Ajantis too...

Thanks for the fast reply. 

On 11/19/2019 at 1:24 PM, Arthas said:

I would like to commend you and @jastey for that.You cooperated with each other to write banters for custom npc(s) of opposite alignment.. how cool is that?

Anyway... back to the topic. Let's just say that I had a dream party of:

myself,
Imoen,
Minyae
Edwin
Anomen
Foundling

That's why I had that question about Foundling. I will consider switching Foundling or w/e. I saw that it is recommended to bring Edwin. Maybe I will bring Ajantis too...

Thanks for the fast reply. 

Feel free to bring whoever you'd like with you in your party - I *think* Ajantis and Minyae only have 1 (maybe 2..?) additional banters in ToB. So, if you were set in bringing Foundling, by all means, please do so. :)

March 1, 2020 Update:

Released v3.6 of TBL. The main focus of this release is to fix a bug where Minyae turns hostile when Adalon attempts to attack the PC after dialogue.

July 20, 2020 Update:

Released v3.6.1 of TBL. This update fixes a bug where Gaelen Bayle does not give the PC the Shadow Thief Cellar key after Minyae has spoken.

Posted (edited)

July 25, 2020 Update:

Released v3.6.1 of TBL. This update corrects a banter with an EE NPC and fixes a missed tra-ified line.

Huge thanks to @Austin for catching these issues! :)

Edited by jmaeq

August 16, 2020

Released v4.0 of TBL. This version includes a Russian translation and a couple of dialogue fixes in the TRA files.

Another major thanks to @Austin because with you, the Russian translation wouldn't have been possible! :)

Hello! By the way, I noticed that the NPCs from the mod have banters with all the NPCs in the game, except for one - the smart bear Wilson. Maybe you will consider writing one or two dialogs for him too? :) As an example, you can take dialogs with him from Lava's "Wilson Chronicles" mod, which also adds dialogs to him, but with the CHARNAME.  
It seems to me that Minyae would definitely not have kept silent, seeing that the CHARNAME was traveling and talking with the bear :)

Edited by Austin
4 hours ago, Austin said:

Hello! By the way, I noticed that the NPCs from the mod have banters with all the NPCs in the game, except for one - the smart bear Wilson. Maybe you will consider writing one or two dialogs for him too? :) As an example, you can take dialogs with him from Lava's "Wilson Chronicles" mod, which also adds dialogs to him, but with the CHARNAME.  
It seems to me that Minyae would definitely not have kept silent, seeing that the CHARNAME was traveling and talking with the bear :)

Hello!

Heh, yes, at the time, I intentionally left out Wilson because I wasn't quite sure where to begin writing a banter for the two of them. After being lucky enough to work with Lava and diving into banters with the Beamdog NPCs for Yoshimo's Remorse, I used Lava's Wilson Chronicles for inspiration. At some point, I will have to revisit Minyae and Wilson now knowing a little bit more. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.