SR V4 Beta 16

Way I hear it, kreso is making some substantial (and maybe final) changes for a 4b17.  I don't know if it includes ADD_SPELL'ing instead of just copying, and I don't know if it includes a full Readme, and I don't know if it will be 'final' or just 4b17.

Doesn't really matter to me though.  When new betas are ~a year apart, and the mod has fewer bugs than most 'final' mod releases, it's plenty good enough for me.

Hi all, 

I seem to be running into a problem with Sanctuary - when cast it my priest character turns invisible for two seconds and then loses this invisibility. The usual cone of blue I'm used to is not there. Is this something that could be caused from Divine Remix or IWDification? Niether seem to mess with Sanctuary. (Divine Remix was just spells and kits, no spheres or anything).

On 6/28/2019 at 9:30 PM, Prof Errata said:

Well, it seems that we see now the last turn before the final release. Is it possible to envisage the  last version of SRv4 soon, for this summer I hope ? The debugging work is impressive and it seems now that a stabilized version is nearly ready. Well, friends modders  the ball is in your court now…

You have to learn a lession one day, modmaking is never over... and envisioning a final release version is bull****. So just use the freaking version that's available.

The spell revision is not compatible with the  iwd-spells from scs v32.5. The scs installation fails after the spell revision installation.  

I get the following message:
ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [%CLERIC_CAUSE_SERIOUS_WOUNDS_IWD%.spl] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]

and moreover it fail to install because of missing spwi906.spl. I can fix this error by copying spwi906.spl from spell_rev\spwi9## to override directory. But I cannot fix the first problem.

Hi there,

i would like to install the following mods: bgNPC mod, unfinished business, Tweaks anthology, spell revision and scs...what would be the appropriate Order?

1) bgNPCmod

2)unfinished business

3) Tweaks anthology

4) spell revision

5)scs

...thanks!

...if i try this order i get this error message (i have attached the scs debug file)

ERROR: No translation provided for @402

Failed to SAY @402 at offset 12, most likely because the string does not exist in the TRA file

ERROR: Not_found in apply_standard_function: inputs were func=say_both_names, arguments=402
ERROR: [ax1h01.ITM] -> [override/ax1h02.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [.../stratagems-inline/fineweapon.2da] -> [weidu_external/workspace] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

ERROR Installing [Replace many +1 magic weapons with nonmagical "fine" ones -> Fine weapons are immune to the iron crisis], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [weidu_external/backup/stratagems/3021/OTHER.3021]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "weidu_external/backup/stratagems/3021/OTHER.3021")
[weidu_external/backup/stratagems/3021/UNSETSTR.3021] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall   3 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 3021.
Uninstalled      3 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 3021.
Unable to Unlink [weidu_external/backup/stratagems/3021/READLN.3021]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "weidu_external/backup/stratagems/3021/READLN.3021")
Unable to Unlink [weidu_external/backup/stratagems/3021/READLN.3021.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "weidu_external/backup/stratagems/3021/READLN.3021.TEXT")

SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG

Edited by alpenmonster

For some reason, trying to install SR and SCS together in the EET tool gives me 2 conflicts. Previously, you could use the native IWD spells from SCS to install IWD spells but now it is giving me an error for divine spells from IWD.

Secondly, Spell Revisions is said to conflict with SCS's smarter mages. Given that smarter mages is a big part of the SCS install, I was hoping someone could shed light on why they are suddenly conflicting.

On 9/19/2019 at 2:48 PM, Icezera said:

For some reason, trying to install SR and SCS together in the EET tool gives me 2 conflicts. Previously, you could use the native IWD spells from SCS to install IWD spells but now it is giving me an error for divine spells from IWD.

Addressed a few posts up, I think?

Secondly, Spell Revisions is said to conflict with SCS's smarter mages. Given that smarter mages is a big part of the SCS install, I was hoping someone could shed light on why they are suddenly conflicting.

“Said to?” 

EDIT - i.e., can you clarify whether you have a problem, or you are worrying that you might have a problem?

Edited by subtledoctor

Could someone clarify how this mod interacts with aTweaks PNP Elementals for me with respect to mage elemental summoning? I understand SR still disables the potential to turn hostile for Greater Elemental Summoning only, but not lesser, yet leaves the locked in mental combat interval intact. aTweaks however offers only to either turn mental combat off or leave it unchanged altogether. If both are installed, will the more recent one simply take precedence without any incompatibility?

On 9/17/2019 at 6:32 PM, Vlan said:

Will there be more spells in the next version of SR?

Yep.

When will that come ? No freaking idea... likely: NEVER. Then why did I confirm that the above answer is a positive one, cause of how it was supposed to be coded... aka it should use ADD_SPELL rather than just pure override, and that means more spells.

21 hours ago, Isewein said:

Could someone clarify how this mod interacts with aTweaks PNP Elementals for me with respect to mage elemental summoning? I understand SR still disables the potential to turn hostile for Greater Elemental Summoning only, but not lesser, yet leaves the locked in mental combat interval intact. aTweaks however offers only to either turn mental combat off or leave it unchanged altogether. If both are installed, will the more recent one simply take precedence without any incompatibility?

If I recall correctly, the actual elemental conjuring spells are overwritten by atweaks entirely (I *think* - big "as far as I can remember" there).

I've fixed several reported issues for an upcoming v4b17.

On 11/6/2018 at 6:45 AM, Incantatar said:

-"Protection from Electricity" - after casting the Wizard spell: invalid string

-"Find Familiar pocket item" - wrong strings. Afaik this affects most, probably all of them.

-"Summon names" - wrong strings. Hobgoblins, Shadows,

-"Greater Malison" - effect: invalid string

-"Melfs Meteors quickslot item" - invalid string

-"Vampiric Touch" - status message after casting: invalid string

Thanks.  These particular strref issues on BGEE/IWDEE should now be fixed.  I also went through the other summoned creatures and fixed (hopefully) all of their names.

On 12/29/2018 at 4:31 AM, Acur said:

Hi, I ran into an issue. The update to Jaheira's spellbook does not work for me with b16 on a BG1EE vanilla install.

I also tested it with the older b14 version and there the spellbook is updated correctly.

Thanks for the report.  It looks like the entire spellbook-changing code got accidentally disabled during an update.  It should be fixed for v4b17.

On 5/13/2019 at 3:38 PM, Vlan said:

What's up with Haste?

Spell description says that its only suited for 1 creature, but when I cast it, everyone still gets hasted. Is it a bug?

The description was in error and has been corrected.  Thanks.

On 5/30/2019 at 8:34 AM, DavidW said:

The blindness duration for SR's Holy Smite is erroneously set to zero.

Fixed. Thanks.

On 5/31/2019 at 11:37 AM, DavidW said:

The summoning effects for Death Knight (spcaco.eff) have the summoned knight's allegiance set by CRE file, which is ALLY. When enemies use the spell, the allegiance is set to ENEMY by script - but because the Gate animation waits a good four seconds before allowing the summons to run a script, in the meantime an enemy-summoned death knight is green-circled, and will get attacked by its own summoner and by any other enemies present. As far as I can see, there's no disadvantage in setting the allegiance to 1 (Match Target) instead: I'm going to do this locally in SCS but it should probably be done in the mod itself.

The same is probably true for Summon Fiend and Gate (I haven't checked, since SCS provides bespoke versions of both for enemies to use).

Thanks. I've implemented this but haven't been able to test it.  What's the worst that could happen?

On 3/10/2019 at 10:31 AM, Merlin said:

2. I can summon 3 skeletons with Animate Dead priest spell if the level of my cleric/mage is 6. It should be 2, at least by the text of the spell.

The description was correct.  I've fixed the spell to match.  Thanks.

On 3/10/2019 at 10:31 AM, Merlin said:

5. The name of the animals (snakes and leopards) summoned by the cloakwood druids are wrong (very long gibberish from somewhere else). This might be the result of combined installation of SCS and Spell revisions.

This should be taken care of by the strref fixes mentioned above.

I haven't investigated any of the other issues you mentioned, @Merlin. (However, I expect that the Avenger spider form issue is not due to SR).