Jump to content
DavidW

EET_end confusion

Recommended Posts

@K4thos, you probably should just in case edit this:

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~.+\.BCS~ ~override~

To be this:

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~.+\.BCS$~ ~override~

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, AL|EN said:

@K4thos Now I remember, I fixed this bug myself (I'm ill, brain off) https://github.com/Gibberlings3/The_Calling/pull/1

 @aliKater Simply use The Calling BETA 2 from https://github.com/Gibberlings3/The_Calling/releases

ALIEN, your fix is not included in beta 2: https://github.com/Gibberlings3/The_Calling/blob/master/thecalling/thecalling.tp2

 

3 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

@K4thos, you probably should just in case edit this:


COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~.+\.BCS~ ~override~

To be this:


COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~.+\.BCS$~ ~override~

yep, I will do it.

Edited by K4thos

Share this post


Link to post

@K4thos Actually, it was. But this one is new bug. @CamDawg are you able to create quick fix release?

Edited by AL|EN

Share this post


Link to post

shoot i really dont understand what to do here.....tried reinstalling both mods then deleting that line and chaning it to the proper one and nothing. ugh im an idiot~!

 

Is there a "for dummies" version of what to do here? im like 3 days 3x 15.5 hours into installing this !

 

Edited by aliKater

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Gorf
46 minutes ago, aliKater said:

shoot i really dont understand what to do here.....tried reinstalling both mods then deleting that line and chaning it to the proper one and nothing. ugh im an idiot~!

 

Is there a "for dummies" version of what to do here? im like 3 days 3x 15.5 hours into installing this !

 

Check your bg2ee/override folder and delete the file  %LIGHTHOUSE_BLACKALARICSCAVE_BCS.BCS% if it exists.

Make the correct entry in the tp2 file before you install the Calling mod.

Share this post


Link to post

Gorf thank you, tried to no avail. going to uninstall and start from beginning, leaving LOtSC and The Calling out.

sigh. pray for me

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Gorf
10 minutes ago, aliKater said:

Gorf thank you, tried to no avail. going to uninstall and start from beginning, leaving LOtSC and The Calling out.

sigh. pray for me

I got always good results with installing EET with the EE Install Tool. There's a lot of fixes for cases like this in it. I have both those mods in my current EET.

Share this post


Link to post

What is the problem with Lure of Sirine's Calling? I am lost as to what should be changed in the mod package.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Guest Gorf said:

I got always good results with installing EET with the EE Install Tool. There's a lot of fixes for cases like this in it. I have both those mods in my current EET.

Unfortunately I am running a mac, so the install tool and BWP installer are not an option for me. Lots and lots of trial and error and perseverence.

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, aliKater said:

Unfortunately I am running a mac, so the install tool and BWP installer are not an option for me. Lots and lots of trial and error and perseverence.

 

Ofc they are, simply use Bootcamp/Virtual Machine and preform installation there using shared local folder.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, AL|EN said:

Ofc they are, simply use Bootcamp/Virtual Machine and preform installation there using shared local folder.

I'm sorry, AliEN, I am a luddite. Cam you please speak simian for me? I dont understand....

Share this post


Link to post

I always use Bootcamp to install EET and copy ALL files to the Mac Ressources Folder of the Mac Version

Works always because the Mac Version of BG(2)EE is simply a mini PC-Emulator....

(But it strangely never worked on the BGT Version, thats why I love the EE Version!)

Its the easiest setup!

 

 

Edited by Lundar

Share this post


Link to post

If you want to use BWS or PI ot sonething that's fibe, but there's no reason individual WeiDu mods should require rebooting into a different OS...

(Not to mention, a copy of Windows for that rebooting costs 130 frackin dollars... If it was easier and cheaper to keep a copy of Windows handy it might be a different story. My old computer had WinXP in a virtual machine and full Win7 on a separate partition... but after 8 years of strong service, I needed a new laptop. There's not really a good/cheap/easy way to run multiple OSes these days...)

Edited by subtledoctor

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

There's not really a good/cheap/easy way to run multiple OSes these days...

There is. Windows is free*, just like all it's games are. And I am not just saying Windows upgrades... but the whole OS program is free. Just know what you are doing. Yeah.

Now what comes to hardware, just don't buy a laptop that says it hardware locked to a software instance (like Windows <number>), and even in that case you just need to untie the manufacturers warenty that's already invalid the past ... 5 years or so, by the time you would buy it today.

Now, of course if you dream about having your iMac to be able to run things, you are out of luck, but it's cause the manufacturer of them is an iTool. Not that the others are much better, as macrohard wormdoors, nor handheld mr.droid have any unique ideas.

I personally use Wormdoors cause it's still most utilized for gaming... and it does support most features, with least amount of manufactures inanity. Now of course, PCs too have their package manufacturer shottyness too, but there are more than the one overpriced US -one, and you can switch the manufacturer by just taking the machine back to the shop and you get a full refund at least here in EU, provided you do so to it in the shops 7 to 50 days warenty time.

*By free, I mean that if you have one licence, you don't need another... and there is ways to get a licence by other means than a shopping one from a store.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...