Bugs and discrepancies in v7

Another super annoying and unexpected bug is ( don't know is it directly connected with Tweaks though ) that if you kick Jaheira and Khalid in the first floor of FAI they just vanish forever without word or explanation. Same thing if you kick them anywhere else and then instruct them to go to FAI. 

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but the installation of 7V was buggy for me. The installation always stopped at " Unlimited Stacking for Ankheg Carapaces, Winter Wolf Pelts, and Wyvern Heads (DavidW)". It recognized that I was using BG2EE and therefore wanted to skip it, but after that it just did nothing. So I waited for 5 minutes in hopes that the installation would continue. It didn't. So I closed the setup window and retried it with the same thing happening to me. Then I just went into setup-cdtweaks.tp2 file in hopes to disable this particular part from the installation. I commented the mentioned passage out (//) and then the installation worked without a hitch.

//BEGIN @500000 DESIGNATED 3115
//GROUP @4
//REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~bgee bg1 totsc tutu tutu_totsc eet bgt~ @25

//WITH_SCOPE BEGIN // isolate DW-coded components from the rest of the mod, in case we have incompatible variables or something
//     INCLUDE "cdtweaks/dw_components/always_lite.tpa"
//     LAF run STR_VAR file="ankheg_shells" END
//END

Edited by Beon

Greetings Folks,

Getting back into BG1 and TotSC after several years. I still have my original CDs! I encountered 2 errors while installing the latest version of Tweaks. I did install Pocket Plane Groups BG1 Unfinished Business v16 first, then Tweaks V7 so that may play into things.

First error while installing Make party members less likely to die irreversibly:

ERROR Installing [Make party members less likely to die irreversibly], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [cdtweaks/backup/3330/OTHER.3330]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "cdtweaks/backup/3330/OTHER.3330")
[cdtweaks/backup/3330/UNSETSTR.3330] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall   0 files for [CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2] component 3330.
Uninstalled      0 files for [CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2] component 3330.
Unable to Unlink [cdtweaks/backup/3330/READLN.3330]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "cdtweaks/backup/3330/READLN.3330")
Unable to Unlink [cdtweaks/backup/3330/READLN.3330.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "cdtweaks/backup/3330/READLN.3330.TEXT")

Second error while installing Allow Yeslick to use axes:

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [weapprof.2da] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Allow Yeslick to use axes], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [cdtweaks/backup/4160/OTHER.4160]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "cdtweaks/backup/4160/OTHER.4160")
[cdtweaks/backup/4160/UNSETSTR.4160] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

My entire Debug file it too big to upload so I made an edited version with all the lines regarding those 2 errors and attached it. I don't know if these will mess up the game itself as I haven't started one yet.

Thanks!

Debug-Edited.txt

On 11/13/2018 at 6:11 AM, Greenhorn said:

Not sure is it bug, third mod ( Vault or TWM- polish Mysteries of the Sword Coast come to mind ) or is it intentional ( but not documented) but you can't send NPCs to inns from Gnoll stronghold or adjoining caverns maps. Little annoying when you pick Dyna and forced to make room in party for her. Platform is vanilla BG:TotSC.

This is from Tweaks, but it's been removed for v8 to bring it in line with the non-BG version of the tweak. The only restricted areas should now be the bottom level of Durlag's, Ice Island, and Werewolf Isle.

On 11/12/2018 at 6:34 PM, DavidW said:

I think Cam knows about it; it's a glitch in the migration of that component from SCS.

As a workaround: create a directory 'stratagems_external/workspace' in your game directory.

This is fixed for v8.

On 12/28/2018 at 7:19 AM, Greenhorn said:

There is game breaking bug concerning Alora and lake poet bard in FAI ( which probably involves all 3 of public relations liaisons I guess). First two of her commentaries on negative reputation gone well enough but third (" I don't know CHARNAME, it sounds nasty" ) causes CTD. When she says that line bard Sam doesn't continue with his usual dialogue, instead she repeats that line second time and then game crashes. Unrelated with this, it seems that component " pick Alora at Gullykin " is incompatible with Mysteries of the Sword coast component " choosy NPCs " as it cause nasty problems with kicking her out of the party and sending her to inn latter ( pick Alora in Gullykin and choosy NPCs combo also messes " gender reactions " component from BG1RE mod ). Just a warning for players which play with all 3 mods. Game platform is vanilla BG:TotSC

This is odd, as the "I don't know" line should be for the first time. There's usually little you can do to make the game crash via dialogue, but I'll look into it.

On 12/28/2018 at 9:00 PM, krevett said:

Hi all,

Using component render cloakwood area available (all except mines) is bugged on EET as the mines will never appear (works fine on BGT though I'm using multiple install for testing purposes)

I solved it by adding a line to baldur.bcs when you read the letter in tazok's tent to make the area visible on map. As I said it works fine on a BGT install but not in EET.

This is a combo of an EET bug (now fixed) and a Tweaks bug, also now fixed for v8.

7 minutes ago, CamDawg said:

This is odd, as the "I don't know" line should be for the first time. There's usually little you can do to make the game crash via dialogue, but I'll look into it.

I reinstalled " Bard reactions adjustment " in the meantime and this time everything went well... and indeed " I don't know " line was the first. No idea why it was messed up in the first place, almost certain that " Choosy NPCs " ( component from Mysteries of the Sword coast mod which determine whether particular NPC will join you based on your Charisma, alignment, reputation, party composition etc ) and " pick Alora at Gullykin " don't sit well with one another. Had big trouble with  kicking her out of the party and moving her to inn as her only reaction was negative reaction from MotSC in which she steals 1500 gp and desert you ( that is also the case when you equip her with Girdle of gender in BG1RE for some laugh at accompanying dialogues ). Only solution was to erase that line with NI which had for consequence crash when speaking with bard it seems... 

On 12/29/2018 at 6:35 AM, Greenhorn said:

Another super annoying and unexpected bug is ( don't know is it directly connected with Tweaks though ) that if you kick Jaheira and Khalid in the first floor of FAI they just vanish forever without word or explanation. Same thing if you kick them anywhere else and then instruct them to go to FAI. 

I'll check, but I don't think this is Tweaks.

On 12/30/2018 at 7:50 AM, Beon said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but the installation of 7V was buggy for me. The installation always stopped at " Unlimited Stacking for Ankheg Carapaces, Winter Wolf Pelts, and Wyvern Heads (DavidW)". It recognized that I was using BG2EE and therefore wanted to skip it, but after that it just did nothing. So I waited for 5 minutes in hopes that the installation would continue. It didn't. So I closed the setup window and retried it with the same thing happening to me. Then I just went into setup-cdtweaks.tp2 file in hopes to disable this particular part from the installation. I commented the mentioned passage out (//) and then the installation worked without a hitch.

//BEGIN @500000 DESIGNATED 3115
//GROUP @4
//REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~bgee bg1 totsc tutu tutu_totsc eet bgt~ @25

//WITH_SCOPE BEGIN // isolate DW-coded components from the rest of the mod, in case we have incompatible variables or something
//     INCLUDE "cdtweaks/dw_components/always_lite.tpa"
//     LAF run STR_VAR file="ankheg_shells" END
//END

This is also exceptionally weird. I've had WeiDU stall before, but not to this degree and certainly not in a way I can reproduce.

On 12/30/2018 at 5:06 PM, Squid said:

Greetings Folks,

Getting back into BG1 and TotSC after several years. I still have my original CDs! I encountered 2 errors while installing the latest version of Tweaks. I did install Pocket Plane Groups BG1 Unfinished Business v16 first, then Tweaks V7 so that may play into things.

First error while installing Make party members less likely to die irreversibly:

ERROR Installing [Make party members less likely to die irreversibly], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [cdtweaks/backup/3330/OTHER.3330]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "cdtweaks/backup/3330/OTHER.3330")
[cdtweaks/backup/3330/UNSETSTR.3330] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall   0 files for [CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2] component 3330.
Uninstalled      0 files for [CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2] component 3330.
Unable to Unlink [cdtweaks/backup/3330/READLN.3330]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "cdtweaks/backup/3330/READLN.3330")
Unable to Unlink [cdtweaks/backup/3330/READLN.3330.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "cdtweaks/backup/3330/READLN.3330.TEXT")

Second error while installing Allow Yeslick to use axes:

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [weapprof.2da] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]

ERROR Installing [Allow Yeslick to use axes], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [cdtweaks/backup/4160/OTHER.4160]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "cdtweaks/backup/4160/OTHER.4160")
[cdtweaks/backup/4160/UNSETSTR.4160] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

My entire Debug file it too big to upload so I made an edited version with all the lines regarding those 2 errors and attached it. I don't know if these will mess up the game itself as I haven't started one yet.

Thanks!

Debug-Edited.txt

The 'less irreversible death' requires a feature not available in the original BG, so this component is no longer an option for it.

Yeslick is fixed for v8; it was trying to patch a BG2 file on BG games.

On 12/31/2018 at 1:11 AM, Angel said:

With Move Shar-Teel to North Nashkel Road, Shar-Teel ended up taking a bath in the middle of a river. 🙂

This is fixed for v8.

17 minutes ago, CamDawg said:

The 'less irreversible death' requires a feature not available in the original BG, so this component is no longer an option for it.

Yeslick is fixed for v8; it was trying to patch a BG2 file on BG games.

Ah, thanks for the explanations.

1 hour ago, CamDawg said:

This is also exceptionally weird. I've had WeiDU stall before, but not to this degree and certainly not in a way I can reproduce.

Yeah, this is the first time for this to happen to me after installing BG mods for 10 years. It's not like I did something different in terms of installing my mods.

Female Edwina portrait is bugged in the current version. The mod appears to be using the small size for the companion sidebar which is now incorrect.

smUxkaQ.png

As a result, the portrait looks horrible in the sidebar, and you don't get health values for some reason. I went looking for solutions.

First, the portrait in the mod does not have a large (210x330) version, only medium (110x173) and small (38x60). I tried blowing it up to 210x330 and then enhancing it a bit, but obviously it looked blurry. I found an alternate portrait to use instead (https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ec/b6/28/ecb628984b6f23c9907580fb272245d6.jpg), created L, M, and S versions of it and added them to the \override\ folder as Royo4L.bmp, Royo4M.bmp, and Royo4S.bmp.

Again, however, the portrait in the sidebar looked wrong. That's when I realized the game was using the small portrait. To ultimately fix it, I just duplicated the single large (210x330) Royo4L.bmp image, and saved that as Royo4M.bmp and Royo4S.bmp as well, putting them in the override folder.

rRrFkM2.png

Success!

I don't know why the health value disappeared and came back, but there you go.

Thanks for maintaining the tweaks pack by the way. It's freaking fantastic.

Edit: Didn't realize this thread was for the older version. Bug still applies however. 😃

Edited by Cane
Clarification of version

I pretty sure that this has been reported somewhere, sometime before, but all the items which can be changed into something else (one hand -> two hand, jewelry +protection -> jewelry -protection but the save throws), are worth 1 gold when trying to sell them.

Just wanna check if that is unavoidable since the game sees those items as if it were drained wands, or if there is something wrong with my install (using BGT)?

On 5/13/2019 at 11:36 AM, Vlan said:

I pretty sure that this has been reported somewhere, sometime before, but all the items which can be changed into something else (one hand -> two hand, jewelry +protection -> jewelry -protection but the save throws), are worth 1 gold when trying to sell them.

Just wanna check if that is unavoidable since the game sees those items as if it were drained wands, or if there is something wrong with my install (using BGT)?

It is unavoidable as all my games and installs ( except EE, didn't tried it yet ) had those problems. In the end I just gave up on those components as contrary to the description, resting does nothing to fix that problem. 

Edited by Greenhorn