SCS v32 Release Candidate (now Version 10) Available for Testing

Hi

I used the Excellent/Fine option for weapons. Works good so far but may i suggest to use a slightly more recolored icon for the weapons?

Because the eye goes from up to down a different hilt color would be great.

Its really not easy to see them in bigger fights in the quick loot slot, alot less visible as the original +1 weapon icons.

So its a bit a decrease in usuability for the player.

I also noticed that the size did not match for me. A excellent long sword looks more like short sword from the size now.

Not in v32! (There are some alternative icons in a pinned thread, not by me.)

I've played a bit with SR + v32.

You've outdone yourself...great work. Seeing enemies use Sound Burst, True Strike etc. is awesome.

Mulahey fight...wow.

SRDetectInvisibility trigger is the best thing in SCS ever since v21's removal of Misleads.... :)

Terrific. (What did Mulahey do? I didn't specifically mess with that fight beyond what was in v30.)

Sorry, Bassilus, not Mulahey. Buffed up skellies!

Anyhow, there may be a bug present on EET installs; I don't know if it's SCSv32 or EE2 2.5 or latest EET mod - but enemies in BG1 (even random Hobgoblins etc.) drop 8th level scrolls and the like (Pierce Shield). It happens very rarely however.

I'm positive this didn't happen before (SCSv30/31; EE patch 2.3)

I also get some errors during installation on BG2EE 2.5 on Linux. I installed other mods before SCS and thought that it was the cause.

However, installing only SCS also gives the same errors.

I attached a debug file.

I can't conveniently read .gz, but I suspect this is the same problem that OSX users are having. I *probably* have a fix but am waiting for confirmation.

Ok, it should be good now.

I changed it to rar.

OK, yes: this is the same issue with SSL on OSX not installing that I posted about on another thread here. Can you try the solution I posted there and let me know if it works?

Sorry for the late reply.

Bun since I'm going to play with a lot of mods on Linux, I needed to figure out this case sensitive/insensitve stuff once and for all.

I can confirm that the new version from github installs on Linux.

There are some parse errors though:

Input file is stratagems/caster_shared/clericmage/ssl/cleric_mage.ssl

Output file is weidu_external/workspace/ssl_out/cleric_mage.baf
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Compiling 1 script ...

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/weidu_external/workspace/ssl_out/dw#cm5.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 13223 column 1-45
Near Text: )
	[ReallyForceSpell] argument [WIZARD_POISON] not found in [Spell.IDS]

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/weidu_external/workspace/ssl_out/dw#cm5.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 13225 column 1-45

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/weidu_external/workspace/ssl_out/dw#cm5.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 13227 column 1-45

[...]

And I know I shouldn't ask about other mods here, but since SCS uses detectable spells, I'm going to ask anyway.

I get this error during Ascension installation:

ERROR: error loading [cddetect.2da]
Stopping installation because of error.

Detectable Spells: Unable to locate ~cddetect.2da~, using default 2DA instead

The mod installs fine.

But should I be worried.

Will it impact SCS in any way?

I think Fire Shield is stripped by Breach (it's SPECIFICPROTECTIONS) - but then, Fire Shield is also flagged with BUFF_PRO_DAMAGE, so your point stands. Will tweak, thanks. (I assume you're the author of these useful BUFF_XYZ flags?)

Yeah, same as Chaotic Commands. I thought it's been checked more often by AI, but either I've tweaked it out later or only wanted to effectively keep fighters from drinking more than a single combat potion, aka barring the use of innates and healing.

[/code]

And I know I shouldn't ask about other mods here, but since SCS uses detectable spells, I'm going to ask anyway.

I get this error during Ascension installation:

ERROR: error loading [cddetect.2da]
Stopping installation because of error.
Detectable Spells: Unable to locate ~cddetect.2da~, using default 2DA instead
The mod installs fine.

But should I be worried.

Will it impact SCS in any way?

It's fine. This message can happen if newer DS uses old launch syntax, but otherwise it's harmless and accounted for.

Edited by Ardanis

Davaeorn script seems bugged (SR install, EET). He constantly uses Dimension jump rather than offensive spells.

It's not just Davaeron but Andris as well (for me at least).

Important to note though that this is not a new bug since it is present in my old install with this version:

VERSION ~v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility~

*edit* To clarify: I do not have a v32 install, I'm only adding that I have experienced the same/a smiliar bug as kreso on my last install...

Edited by Ulb

Then these mage bugs could be linked to 2.5 patch rather than SCS. I had no issues with SCS (30 or 31) on previous EE versions.

Also, the quest where you get +3 vs Shapeshifters bastard sword in BG can't be finished. I kill all the dopes, and still get "there are still more monsters" answer. The mage-like character on the same floor as Aldeth (conversable) never turns into a doppelganger.

Come to think of it (if I'm not misremembering: my last semi-serious playthrough was circa 2016 or so), Davaeorn on BGT installs was always kinda erratic. Too much blinking around, some occasional attempts to melee the party (eh), almost no attempts to do his fireball-from-off-screen thing that he was so fond of in vanilla BG1. Not really sure if SCS is to be blamed here, mod interaction can be just weird sometimes.

Edited by n-ghost

Then these mage bugs could be linked to 2.5 patch rather than SCS.

I don't have 2.5 installed so it's not that. Might be some interaction with an other mod though.

The "better call for help" option works to good.

If meet Neera the first time in Beregost the 2 guards and the wizard get hostile and red but also the commoners around.

Happens only with that option on.

Are you sure it's better calls for help? I've experienced that before but to me it looked like it was actually Neera hitting a commoner with Color Spray.

David, a 6th level Otiluke's Freezing Sphere scroll just dropped from a Ghast in one of the low level wilderness areas in BG1 (not EET) for my level 3 party. Another poster mentioned something about high level scrolls dropping, so this could be related. I also have "Wider selection of random scrolls in Baldur's Gate I" component installed, but I don't believe this is intended behavior.

WeiDU_log.7z

Edited by agris

Picking up a few of these:

- Davaeorn is a known (and now fixed) problem, though it predates v32. Nothing to do with 2.5

- Will look at Andris and Sarevok. Can someone tell me what's intended behavior for Sarevok, though? (I'm guessing: vanilla BGEE+SoD: just get the credits; EET: cutscene takes you into SoD. But for all I know, you're supposed to get SoD even without EET.)

- Pierce Shield scroll dropping: I can't understand this one, if it's SCS I don't see how

- Freezing Sphere scroll dropping: I can understand that and it is SCS. Fixed locally. (It's still the case in BG1 that the IWD scrolls that drop are somewhat random, but they should be on the L1-L4 range. I'd like to fine-grain this at some point but it's fiddly, not happening for v32.)

- Neera and the commoners: holding off for now given Ulb's comment. If someone else can reproduce and confirm it's a help script, let me know.

- Freezing Sphere scroll dropping: I can understand that and it is SCS. Fixed locally. (It's still the case in BG1 that the IWD scrolls that drop are somewhat random, but they should be on the L1-L4 range. I'd like to fine-grain this at some point but it's fiddly, not happening for v32.)

Are there post-install files I can edit to fix this? Or modifications to RC2?

Edited by agris

I've had a Power Word: Stun scroll drop in BG1. I want to say it was from a ghoul, but it might've been a hobgoblin. I wasn't paying that close attention when it dropped.

I also had commoners go hostile during the first Neera fight. I can't guarantee that she didn't tag one with a spell, though I didn't see it happen.