SCS v32 Release Candidate (now Version 10) Available for Testing

Quick question on the updated RC 10: if I read it correctly there has been no update to the RC10 tag on github. Do I need to grab the master to get the correct updated RC10?

1 minute ago, AL|EN said:

Erik, RC10 doesn't have: 

Correct install problem with Lefruet UI
allow for a missing file in some IWD installs
remove 'test' component

so if you don't use Lefruet UI, you can go with RC10

I think what you are describing are the incremental updates from the initial version of RC10 to the current version of RC10.

If I understand it correctly RC10 is supposed to fix all the items mentioned as being fixed on the final post on page 27 (DavidW from 08 March). Anyway, I am in fact using lefreut's UI :)

42 minutes ago, Guest Erik said:

I think what you are describing are the incremental updates from the initial version of RC10 to the current version of RC10.

No, look here: https://github.com/Gibberlings3/SwordCoastStratagems/releases/tag/SCSv32-RC101 commit to master since this release - it doesn't have content of this commit: 1 commit

If you are using lefreut's UI then you need download using master branch.

Edited by AL|EN
On 3/26/2019 at 5:30 AM, david76321 said:

So Good: Enemies are really fun using all sorts of approaches.

Currently:

-Chant spell: makes the caster reduces their normal walking speed to crawl.

I think the chant spell description states the caster speed is halved, or something like that.

1 hour ago, AL|EN said:

No, look here: https://github.com/Gibberlings3/SwordCoastStratagems/releases/tag/SCSv32-RC101 commit to master since this release - it doesn't have content of this commit: 1 commit

If you are using lefreut's UI then you need download using master branch.

No, that’s not how GitHub keeps track of releases (it appears). That ‘one commit’ is after RC10 released but before it was updated: I made the commit and then updated the RC.

2 hours ago, DavidW said:

No, that’s not how GitHub keeps track of releases (it appears). That ‘one commit’ is after RC10 released but before it was updated: I made the commit and then updated the RC.

Github track releases by git tags and git tags are attached to commits. The tag of the vSCS32-RC10 (which RC10 release is bound) is attached to 4f546e4b67a14904f11a2c1087d58dac331dd340 commit, it means that RC10 release misses all changes from bce053c04a2a322c97cff00045990976bf66abcc

If you want to include those changes, you need to make a new tag (say, RC10.1) and the update last release to pointing to this new tag. Or use --force to overwrite/replace already existing remote tag by locally edited one.

Anyway, those changes already deserve to have new RC release. I'm not a fan of 'silent' mod updates ;) 

Edited by AL|EN

I think we’re at cross purposes. The downloadable stratagems.exe (and the MACOSX/Linux versions) definitely contain that commit, because I put it in when I built them. 

There’s a separate conversation to be had about whether silent updates are good; for the most part I agree with you, but since these are only testing pre-releases and not intended as an official version, the rules are somewhat different. (In general I prefer bug reports from people running the latest version, so when this is just a very specific compatibility fix, I’d rather not increment the version number.) But no doubt reasonable people can differ here.

In my recent installation of scs v32 v10 I noticed at the end of each component installation the following line:

"weidu_external/lang/english/setup.tra file not found. Skipping..."

While this does not seem to impact a successful installation, I can't remember seeing this in previous versions.

12 hours ago, DavidW said:

I think we’re at cross purposes. The downloadable stratagems.exe (and the MACOSX/Linux versions) definitely contain that commit, because I put it in when I built them. 

So that's how you did this particular 'update' of the pre-release?  It might be quick but such way of replacing release assets with updated ones will prevent PI to detect update because checking for mod updates relays on git tags. I don't see away to support such scenario.

That’s okay here, I don’t really want these RCs being supported by automated tools. They’re for playtesting: people who use them need to know that and be reasonably aware of how mods work.

i wouldn’t do it that way for a proper release.

The install of the latest RC10 client seems to have worked nicely for me and works with lefreut's UI. I did not play much more yet (currently finished Durlag's using RC 9 and now coming up to Island of Balduran). If I observe any bugs or other weirdness will put it here.

Just to make sure it hasn't been overlooked: I'm still (with RC10 as of March 28) seeing the same "parse errors" that Xorton saw, namely things like the following:

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/weidu_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#pr30.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 712 column 1-27
Near Text: )
        syntax error
ERROR: parsing [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/weidu_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#pr30.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: error compiling [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/weidu_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#pr30.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [weidu_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#pr30.baf]!
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [AR18PRIE.CRE] -> [override/AR18PRIE.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Parsing.Parse_error)

Here's the relevant block of the file where there error is:

IF
GlobalTimerNotExpired("castspell","LOCALS")
!StateCheck([PC.0.0.BARD],STATE_INVISIBLE)
OR(2)!CheckStatGT(Myself,0,SANCTUARY)!GlobalTimerNotExpired("attack_under_sanctuary","LOCALS")
See([PC.0.0.BARD])
Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
!Allegiance([PC.0.0.BARD],ENEMY)
!StateCheck([PC.0.0.BARD],STATE_IMMOBILE)
!StateCheck([PC.0.0.BARD],STATE_FEEBLEMINDED)
!CheckStatGT([PC.0.0.BARD],0,HELD)
!StateCheck([PC.0.0.BARD],STATE_MIRRORIMAGE)
OR(2)
CheckStat(Myself,0,WEAPON_ENCHANTMENT)
!CheckStat([PC.0.0.BARD],4,WIZARD_PROTECTION_FROM_MAGIC_WEAPONS)
OR(2)
CheckStatGT(Myself,0,WEAPON_ENCHANTMENT)
!CheckStatGT([PC.0.0.BARD],0,ENCHANTMENT_IMMUNITY)
OR(2)
CheckStatGT(Myself,1,WEAPON_ENCHANTMENT)
!CheckStatGT([PC.0.0.BARD],1,ENCHANTMENT_IMMUNITY)
OR(2)
CheckStatGT(Myself,2,WEAPON_ENCHANTMENT)
!CheckStatGT([PC.0.0.BARD],2,ENCHANTMENT_IMMUNITY)
OR(2)
CheckStatGT(Myself,3,WEAPON_ENCHANTMENT)
!CheckStatGT([PC.0.0.BARD],3,ENCHANTMENT_IMMUNITY)
OR(2)
CheckStatGT(Myself,4,WEAPON_ENCHANTMENT)
!CheckStatGT([PC.0.0.BARD],4,ENCHANTMENT_IMMUNITY)
OR(2)
CheckStatGT(Myself,5,WEAPON_ENCHANTMENT)
!CheckStatGT([PC.0.0.BARD],5,ENCHANTMENT_IMMUNITY)
!HasItem("MORSWORD",[PC.0.0.BARD])
OR(3)
CheckStatLT([PC.0.0.BARD],100,RESISTCRUSHING)
CheckStatLT([PC.0.0.BARD],100,RESISTPIERCING)
CheckStatLT([PC.0.0.BARD],100,RESISTSLASHING)
!CheckStatGT([PC.0.0.BARD],0,STONESKINS)
!HPPercentGT([PC.0.0.BARD],20)
Range([PC.0.0.BARD],4)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("validtarget","LOCALS",1)
SelectWeaponAbility(SLOT_WEAPON1,0)
AttackReevaluate([PC.0.0.BARD],30)
END

Line 712 is the line

!Allegiance([PC.0.0.BARD],ENEMY)

EDIT: Installing on Win64, but using a 32-bit WeiDU (for some reason the BGT install fails with the 64-bit WeiDU from Stratagems).

EDIT#2: I've had a peek at a few of the other files where there are parse errors, but there doesn't really seem to be any obvious problem with the syntax and it's dissimilar to the above "problematic" line. I wonder if there's a higher-level problem here than just the syntax... Let me know if you want the full set of output files. I've got them stashed away.

Edited by AnonymousHero