DavidW

SCS v32 Release Candidate (now Version 10) Available for Testing

Guest Maanape

Hello, I tried to install SCS v32 today with EET Install Tool and noticed it skipped two components: "Improved Shapeshifting" and "Improved NPC customisation and management". I looked at the debug log and came here to report the issue. It had the following messages, referring to the same error:

ERROR: illegal 22-byte write (AP_D5_DUAFCAP_D5_DUAFC) offset 0 of 11-byte file INNER_PATCH_SAVE "           "
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Improved NPC customisation and management], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 782 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 4100.
Uninstalled    782 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 4100.
ERROR: Failure("INNER_PATCH_SAVE \"           \": write out of bounds")
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG and look for support at: For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
Automatically Skipping [Improved NPC customisation and management] because of error.
Using Language [English]

Is the readme for v32 available online? I have it locally stored in my PC, but I haven't seen it online. It would be nice, mainly to be sure that I'm always checking the most updated version.

Posted (edited)

(Apologies if these have already been reported. Btw, maybe it would be a good idea to use GitHub issues for tracking known issues? As someone who's not religiously following this thread it's really hard to know what's already been reported and/or fixed in master 😕)

I have observed a few very minor weird things in 32-RC10:

• The skeletons summoned by Animate Dead (arcane) in the EE version below level 15 don't seem to have the same scripting as the L15+ Skeleton Warriors. The different summons don't fundamentally have any different abilities, so I'd guess the same script should work for all the different summons? (I'm specifically referring to the 'follow player around bit'.)
  • The shadow version of the Umber Hulks summoned by Shades(?) seems to only do non-lethal damage? Not sure if intentional, but it certainly seems a bit odd.
  • The Planar Sphere Noble Efreeti starts casting Flame Arrows at itself as soon as I enter the level.

EDIT: To add: The L11 skeletons also have an annoying thing where if their target goes invisible they'll continually go 'Skeleton Warrior: Target gone'. (Usually your summons just 'say' this once, but the skeletons will keep saying it continually until the target reappears and/or a different target is forced. If there are no enemeis you can force-retarget the skeleton on, you cannot get rid of the Target Gone thing. Super-annoying when you have Auto-pause: Target Destroyed/Gone set.)

Edited by AnonymousHero

Just two little things about priest/spell_swaps.tph:

1. Magic Resistance is being swapped for Mass Cure for creatures with 40 > MR after Mass Cure is switched out for something else on Undead casters. If any there's any Undead casters with >40% MR, this will incorrectly assign them Mass Cure.
  2. This one is just a nitpick. The list of creatures with Wands of Heavens is arbitrary and doesn't even check whether the items are present (I believe the same happens with the Wand of Cold and Centeol, but I've not specifically checked that). Lack of Flamestrike is no joke for a meager BG1 Cleric, and the randomiser might happen to place one those wands on the hands different divine caster. Anyway, this is hardly convincing and finding out where the wands are would require going over all the items of all the creatures in the game and that takes a lot of time. Nevermind, all the creatures in that list seem to actually have the wand? IDK what's going on here but whatever, SCS's working perfectly fine and if there's an issue it's not here.
Edited by CrevsDaak

@DavidW

Are you aware of the fact that LastTargetedBy() is broken?

Let's consider DW#RANGE.bcs as an example: the following script block is probably useless:

Spoiler

IF
 See(LastTargetedBy(Myself))
 Global("validtarget","LOCALS",1)
 OR(2)
  !WeaponEffectiveVs(LastTargetedBy(Myself),MAINHAND)
  !WeaponCanDamage(LastTargetedBy(Myself),MAINHAND)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
  SetGlobal("validtarget","LOCALS",0)
  ClearActions(Myself)
END

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.