SCS v32 Release Candidate (now Version 10) Available for Testing

Thanks. What version of the game?

2.5.16.6 BG2 EE.

The issue of being disrupted by 0 damage has been fixed on all EE platforms except BG2EE. BG2EE will be getting this fix with the upcoming 2.6 patch.

Oh, OK. That gets skipped on EE installs; I'd thought it was all platforms.

I think people will probably have to cope with this bug until 2.6 comes out.

EDIT: actually this is more complicated (but also better) than I recalled. I do still have code in place for EE to impose elemental-area-immunity, I guess because of the BG2EE gap. It's just that mephit effects aren't on the list (I mostly had priest/wizard spells in mind). I've added the pure-damage mephit spells to the list. There are probably some other ones to add, but it's not a priority, not least because of 2.6.

Edited by DavidW

Hello, just chiming in to report that I have also gotten the "commoners going hostile during Neera introduction fight" bug. The first time There were some commoners around, and they immediately went hostile. I ended up waiting until night to do the fight so nobody would be around - even when one was outside of my field of vision (but still somewhat close) they went hostile and ran into the fight only to run away again. I ended up having to wait until the one commoner in the area decided to walk the other direction in order to clear the fight without a reputation loss. So it's definitely not just a random spell getting tagged on a neutral NPC. BG1EE 2.5.17.0

Yes, I'm persuaded this is a help-script problem by now; thanks to all for reports.

Also, during installation I got a few warning messages about not being able to find a few spells, all ones that were added by the IWD arcane/divine spell component of SCS. This didn't happen with the first RC so I'm not sure what's going on there.

I need more detail and specifics, please (a debug file, ideally; failing that, exact instructions on how to reproduce it.)

Another error. This time the cause is Spell Revisions.

Changelog for SCS RC3 says it's optimised for SRv4final.

I have version b16.

Could it be the reason SCS fails to install?

Debug attached.

Thanks; and no, that's not the reason. You can work around it by setting no_initial_change_create_boneguard to 1 in stratagems.ini.

Hi

I think there is a bug related to the conversation.

I installed banterpack, scs32, tweakanthlolgy, and atweak.(bg2ee)

As time goes by, Love Talk must go, but not at all.

banterpack and scs v31 did not have that problem.

I'm spending time with console tricks, but there's no love talk conversation at all.

Perhaps it is related to the npc customization (becuz it is related to the character file)

I want you to check this out.

I don't understand this, sorry.

Can you give me a precise description of how to reproduce the bug?

sorry. my english is not good..

(i use google translator)

after installing scs v32, love talk does not appear. it does not appear even i use console.

ex) Console:SetGlobal("JAHEIRAROMANCE","GLOBAL","1")

jaheira doesn't say lovetalk.

Got it, thanks.

And yes, I can reproduce this, and it is indeed the NPC Customization component. No workaround just yet, uninstall that component if you're playing recreationally.

EDIT: fix uploaded.

Edited by DavidW

Hi. SCS appears not to have installed "smarter mages" via BWS. I tried 3x (long day). BWS did not give me an error on smarter mages, but had to skip several dependent components. I don't know the procedure for uploading logs (feel free to tell me how and I will - I have them) so I'll cut and past the extraction log and all references to it:

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>
### 6032: Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat ###
Ready for installation
Setup-stratagems.exe --no-exit-pause --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 6032 --logapp
[setup-stratagems.exe] WeiDU version 24600
Using Language [English]
Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk

SKIPPING: [Give Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai SCS scripts and abilities]
This component requires "Smarter Mages" to be installed

SKIPPING: [improved Red Wizards]

SKIPPING: [spellcasting Demiliches]

SKIPPING: [improved Unseeing Eye]

Let me know what else you need or if you think the error is because I have it installed via steam/steam apps/common.

Thanks.

Hi. SCS appears not to have installed "smarter mages" via BWS. I tried 3x (long day). BWS did not give me an error on smarter mages, but had to skip several dependent components. I don't know the procedure for uploading logs (feel free to tell me how and I will - I have them) so I'll cut and past the extraction log and all references to it:

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>

### 6032: Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat ###

Ready for installation

Setup-stratagems.exe --no-exit-pause --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 6032 --logapp

[setup-stratagems.exe] WeiDU version 24600

Using Language [English]

Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk

SKIPPING: [Give Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai SCS scripts and abilities]

SKIPPING: [improved Red Wizards]

SKIPPING: [spellcasting Demiliches]

SKIPPING: [improved Unseeing Eye]

Let me know what else you need or if you think the error is because I have it installed via steam/steam apps/common.

Thanks.

At a guess, BWS is trying to install "the latest version" of SCS, and thinks that's the v32 release candidate -in which the component structure has changed.

Don't use BWS to install SCS, basically.

Hello awesome work. I have found two bugs:

- Electrical bolts casted by lightning mephits still interrupt spellcasting although i have 100% resistance.

You may want to try this. It will (should) be pretty much made obsolete by 2.6 patch, but it should do what you want. However it needs to be installed before SCS.

I've just posted release candidate 4.

Among other things, this one fixes the bug legotaksin identified with NPC lovetalks. It's actually a critical bug that blocks any part of an NPC's quests or romances once they've joined the party, and the fix isn't retroactive - to revert it you have to go back to an earlier save (or edit your savegame to replace the script in your NPC's override slot with their normal script, e.g. "jaheira" for jaheira). Apologies for this; there's a reason I'm doing release candidates rather than a proper release, given how much changes in v32.

The only bugs I'm aware of that aren't addressed in v32 are the reports of problems with Sarevok and Andris. (I still don't know if the high-level scroll issue was SCS's fault, but in any case I now completely replace the random-scroll system in BGEE/BG2EE/EET, so any residual problems are definitely my fault!

I am away over the Thanksgiving weekend so may be slow responding to new issues.

Something's wrong with candidate 4 I think. Several casters aren't prebuffing (Silke, Shandalar, Daevorn at least). Also, Daevorn just stands there when I run towards him. No other mods (except DLCmerger), new installation, new save. I'm on latest version on BG 1 EE with SoD.

Something's wrong with candidate 4 I think. Several casters aren't prebuffing (Silke, Shandalar, Daevorn at least). Also, Daevorn just stands there when I run towards him. No other mods (except DLCmerger), new installation, new save. I'm on latest version on BG 1 EE with SoD.

Always the way...

OK:

Davaeorn - can reproduce, fixed, quick update to RC4

Shandalar - can reproduce, but not sure what's going on, no time to fix without risking breaking something

Silke - looks ok at quick examination, but no time to check further

The rest will have to wait a few days, sorry.

Always the way...

OK:

Shandalar - can reproduce, but not sure what's going on, no time to fix without risking breaking something

Sorry about being a bearer of bad news. :p

Shandalar bug might be from older version (candidate 2 maybe, I had an older installation and it had it too)

Is Silke even supposed to prebuff then? She starts with Emotion: Hopelessness in my game, followed by a minor sequencer with blur and mirror image. Bu tthere is no "x cast previously" for anything.

Always the way...

OK:

Sorry about being a bearer of bad news. :p

Shandalar bug might be from older version (candidate 2 maybe, I had an older installation and it had it too)

Is Silke even supposed to prebuff then? She starts with Emotion: Hopelessness in my game, followed by a minor sequencer with blur and mirror image. Bu tthere is no "x cast previously" for anything.

Having just looked: Silke isn't supposed to prebuff. I can't immediately remember why; I think it might just be a concession to how difficulty that encounter is for level-1 characters.