SCS v32 Release Candidate (now Version 10) Available for Testing

Something's wrong with candidate 4 I think. Several casters aren't prebuffing (Silke, Shandalar, Daevorn at least). Also, Daevorn just stands there when I run towards him. No other mods (except DLCmerger), new installation, new save. I'm on latest version on BG 1 EE with SoD.

Always the way...

OK:

Davaeorn - can reproduce, fixed, quick update to RC4

Shandalar - can reproduce, but not sure what's going on, no time to fix without risking breaking something

Silke - looks ok at quick examination, but no time to check further

The rest will have to wait a few days, sorry.

Sorry about being a bearer of bad news. :p

Shandalar bug might be from older version (candidate 2 maybe, I had an older installation and it had it too)

Is Silke even supposed to prebuff then? She starts with Emotion: Hopelessness in my game, followed by a minor sequencer with blur and mirror image. Bu tthere is no "x cast previously" for anything.

Having just looked: Silke isn't supposed to prebuff. I can't immediately remember why; I think it might just be a concession to how difficulty that encounter is for level-1 characters.

I prefer her this way tbh. Being one-shot by lightning bolts at that level isn't fun.

Davaeorn prebuffs and is hostile now but doesn't teleport around anymore.

Also, the demon knight's mirror at Durlag's tower doesn't do anything, even at insane/hardcore settings from the widget.

Having just looked: Silke isn't supposed to prebuff. I can't immediately remember why; I think it might just be a concession to how difficulty that encounter is for level-1 characters.

I prefer her this way tbh. Being one-shot by lightning bolts at that level isn't fun.

Yeah, I think that was my logic too. It's an unnecessarily difficult intro to SCS. (Tarnesh is bad enough!)

In v32 he doesn't spontaneously teleport. He should teleport away if you're in melee range; does he?

Also, the demon knight's mirror at Durlag's tower doesn't do anything, even at insane/hardcore settings from the widget.

Will check.

Yeah, I think that was my logic too. It's an unnecessarily difficult intro to SCS. (Tarnesh is bad enough!)

In v32 he doesn't spontaneously teleport. He should teleport away if you're in melee range; does he?

Yeah, he does. My previous test char died too fast. :p

OK, Shandalar issue (and a bunch of related issues with mages/priests that have class=INNOCENT) is fixed on the repo. The fix is for a minor problem but involves editing the core mage/priest function libraries, which is a bad combination for a RC, so I'll hold off updating RC4 for now.

I have found another serious bug in scs rc4.

Archer's called shot ability does not appear.

When I tested some class (kensai, barbarian, and assassin), special abilities(kai, barbarian rage, poison weapon) appear, but archer's called shot ability does not show up so i can not use called shot ability.

i want to play archer with scs rc4 but i have to wait.. :( sad

post-10710-0-84482600-1542958023_thumb.jpg

Edited by legotaksin

I opened kitlist.2da in override and found that there is no archer entry.

Maybe this is the problem.

I just guessed it to help you.

edit) sorry, i didn't know FERALAN is archer kit.

kitlist.2da is not problem.

I found that even though I did the Grand Master bow or crossbow, the number of attacks of the archer kit did not increase.

edit+) i found that there is spcl311 without numbering in clabrn01.2da

ABILITY1 GA_SPCL311 AP_DWAURN2 GA_SPCL311 AP_DWAURN4 GA_SPCL311 AP_DWAURN6 GA_SPCL311 AP_DWAURN8 GA_SPCL311 AP_DWAURN10 GA_SPCL311 AP_DWAURN12 GA_SPCL311 AP_DWAURN14 GA_SPCL311 AP_DWAURN16 GA_SPCL311 AP_DWAURN18 GA_SPCL311 AP_DWAURN20 GA_SPCL311 AP_DWAURN22 GA_SPCL311 AP_DWAURN24 GA_SPCL311 AP_DWAURN26 GA_SPCL311 AP_DWAURN28 GA_SPCL311 AP_DWAURN30 GA_SPCL311 AP_DWAURN32 GA_SPCL311 AP_DWAURN34 GA_SPCL311 AP_DWAURN36 GA_SPCL311 AP_DWAURN38 GA_SPCL311 AP_DWAURN40

Edited by legotaksin

@legotaksin: will check.

@david77: thats a problem with the description, not a bug in the spell. It gives you immunity to the Spell Failure opcode causes by, e.g., miscast magic. It doesnt protect against concentration failure from damage.

I would *like* to make it do that, incidentally, but afaik there is no way to do that. (If anyone knows better, say!)

At least sort of a bug! Can you identify a specific example for me? (Not that Ill be able to look for a few days.)

you can create three "VALRAN03" creature (an enemy archer creature) and look the behaviour when you hit them with a mele weapons : enemies stop to use ranged weapons forever as soon you reach them them with a melee weapon and they ofen continue to hit and run (with their melee weapon.

Maybe they should hit and run, but also trying to use ranged attack again, IDK.

Surely it is not easy to find the most effective behaviour of enemies wielding a ranged and a melee weapons.

At least sort of a bug! Can you identify a specific example for me? (Not that Ill be able to look for a few days.)

you can create three "VALRAN03" creature (an enemy archer creature) and look the behaviour when you hit them with a mele weapons : enemies stop to use ranged weapons forever as soon you reach them them with a melee weapon and they ofen continue to hit and run (with their melee weapon.

Maybe they should hit and run, but also trying to use ranged attack again, IDK.

Surely it is not easy to find the most effective behaviour of enemies wielding a ranged and a melee weapons.

The skeletons that (re)spawn immediately around High Hedge also do this. Once you approach them, they switch to sword and shield but continue using hit and run tactics.

From the readme:

"IWD restricts its Cause Wounds spells to evil casters, but the BG versions aren't so restricted. I restrict the BG spells too."

IDW not only implements alignment restrictions for Cause Wound spells (and even they are sometimes available for neutral characters) but also for healing spells. I didn't check in game but if you only restrict spell groups for non evil clerics that would somewhat take away my alignment choice as a player in my opinion. Especially since you later describe that the signature good guy spell Shield of Lathander is now available for all alignments. Would it be feasible to add this as an option during install if IDW/BG spells get restricted?